Login

russian armor

Countering US flamer blob

15 Sep 2015, 03:56 AM

I need suggestions for dealing with the US rifle blobs with flamethrowers. Ordinary I don't have a problem with blobs and I don't encounter them very much but I had a game the other day with 6 or 7 riflemen that just roasted all of my troops and cover is more or less irrelevant thanks to flamethrowers. I'd get a flak panzer but e8s came out right after it and made short work of my armor. What are some ways of dealing with this blob as my other methods were insufficient.

Thanks lads
15 Sep 2015, 04:28 AM
15 Sep 2015, 07:04 AM

Just concentrate fire with your Grenadiers and then retreat squads as soon as they start getting hit with the flames. The US manpower bleed will start to add up pretty quickly and your Grenadiers will start to accumulate a lot of veterancy.

Also, StuG spam is pretty potent vs. E8s. Personally, I'd try to get one or two StuGs and then a Command Panzer IV if I were facing this.
16 Sep 2015, 09:28 AM

CAS suppression run and crushing with a Pz4 or any other armor works fine or just burn them with a Flamer HT after the suppression, and after causing a mass retreat for example after going for the crush with the Pz4 you should recon the base and stuka dive bomb the retreat point to get rid of everything, but for the most part CAS suppression is the answer to this (Also the Assault Support Docirne suppression loiter works well too)
17 Sep 2015, 06:35 AM

MG (manually targeted)+ Mortar and mines.
17 Sep 2015, 15:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If you're having trouble with these blobs now wait till this patch..

but the counters are there. It's a matter of using them right,MGs and SNIPER, later LMG GREN. CAS doctrine if it's really bad..

If they spam more than 4 rifle? Healing and MP bleed is a huge and I mean huge issue for them

teching up will also become a huge issue with so much manpower bleed, which means a Stuart, etc is very unlikely or very delayed option
So? Sneak A 222 or something into their base and destroy their ambulance, you now have to fight a bunch of low health close range only rifle squads. Which means he will be a very unhappy USF player. Which means you'll probably win.

However on some maps (la gleize, Stalingrad, semoiskiy) there's not shit you can do against a good USF player and his flames :guyokay:
So veto those maps!

If you're struggling still, upload a replay
17 Sep 2015, 17:28 PM

The MP bleed is the biggest Achilles heel IMO of the USF. Exploit that with sniper play backed up by MGs. Just realize you will have to give ground often in early and mid game but that's ok
17 Sep 2015, 18:02 PM

Run away earlier if your not going to win the fight, save your manpower unless your going for a squad wipe or something very important

eventually this will give you a bigger army and a manpower lead if you don't get squad wiped and you can outblob him. He can only have 6-7 rifles if you have 6-7 grens unless he won alot of fights already

Watch casts of good players they retreat full HP units if they are gonna lose
17 Sep 2015, 18:17 PM

Run away earlier if your not going to win the fight, save your manpower unless your going for a squad wipe or something very important

eventually this will give you a bigger army and a manpower lead if you don't get squad wiped and you can outblob him. He can only have 6-7 rifles if you have 6-7 grens unless he won alot of fights already

Watch casts of good players they retreat full HP units if they are gonna lose

Very sound advice. That helped my ostheer game a lot when I learned that if a single rifle squad met a single grenadier squad of mine and I was finished capping a point or already in green cover I would just retreat unless I had a nearby squad to assist me. Rifles (vanilla vs vanilla) will win 1v1 except in extreme circumstances so don't stick around for those duals unless tactical circumstance requires it (e.g. You are still capping a vital point and are almost done
18 Sep 2015, 03:05 AM

Could go LeFH, btw.
22 Sep 2015, 13:55 PM

Use sniper spam.
23 Sep 2015, 19:27 PM

Use sniper spam.

Still a good investment vs USF and UKF but not nearly as good since they increased Wehr sniper cool down by over 1 second.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★