Login

russian armor

T-34/76 Viability

12 Sep 2015, 20:08 PM

Ello gents, I have been using the T-34/76 quite a bit recently in Soviets 1v1s but I have been struggling to vet them up. I always stop before firing, close into close range, try running over (my main amount of kills), and even ramming and destroying enemy tanks. (Two rage quits so far with the ram haha.) OKW is the main threat with Volks carrying panzerschrecks and my T-34/76 simply not hitting or taking too much damage while doing minimal in return. Any tactics or other uses for this medium tank? Thank you gents!
12 Sep 2015, 20:27 PM

I'm sorry but I really recommend not using this unit
12 Sep 2015, 21:25 PM
Patrion 14

If you are fighting infantry, don't bother shooting. Just go for the crush. If you are fighting armor, you typically want a 2-1 advantage.

I typically skip this tank, but using it as an ambush vehicle is probably best. Advancing over open ground is typically a bad idea vs. Shrecks.
12 Sep 2015, 21:43 PM

Permanently Banned
If you are fighting infantry, don't bother shooting. Just go for the crush. If you are fighting armor, you typically want a 2-1 advantage.

I typically skip this tank, but using it as an ambush vehicle is probably best. Advancing over open ground is typically a bad idea vs. Shrecks.

Make that 3-1 :foreveralone:
15 Sep 2015, 19:40 PM

I like to use them as bullet sponges for my IS-2
DeC
15 Sep 2015, 19:45 PM

Make that 3-1 :foreveralone:
Nah make that 4-1. 1 to ram, 1 to flank, 1 to distract and one to actually shoot at the counterparts.
15 Sep 2015, 19:57 PM

4 tanks to destroy 1, and probably loose 3. xD
240 fuel cost for killing a ~200 fuel cost tank is not worth
15 Sep 2015, 20:06 PM

I think at this point, the T34/76 ought not be at the center of anyone's overall strategy. It's a low health generalist tank, not particularly great at anything, that arrives at a time when the enemy's strategy and intentions should be a bit more clear. If he's going to push an armor advantage, you're better off with a couple of SU76s or an SU85. If you're up against a Pak dig, you might want a Katyusha. If he's still just spamming infantry, a T70 or M5 with the quad might still, even at that stage, be more sensible.

The only time I feel the urge to build a T34 is when I already have a heavy on the field (the ISU or IS2), I'm up against an enemy heavy like the Jagdtiger, King Tiger or Elefant and I want something that can rush in and flank, maybe even ram.

I build T34s to throw them at the enemy with little consideration for their survival while my more dedicated units hold the line.

As much as I can appreciate the new Soviet tech structure, with T3 arriving so much more quickly, I do kinda miss my fuel cache into T3 and T34/76. It used to hit the field early enough that it could pick up some veterancy and be a truly effective unit. Now it just makes more sense to build several SU76s.

Sigh.
16 Sep 2015, 17:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'd say it's much safer to go t-70 into su-85 for great AI and AT, than make multiple shit at everything t-34.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★