Login

russian armor

Salvagable wrecks question

11 Sep 2015, 01:53 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Can i get a list of vehicle wrecks that are NOT salvageable

Could i possibly get a solution to make wrecks NON salvageable that used to be?? Thanks gents
11 Sep 2015, 05:14 AM

Can i get a list of vehicle wrecks that are NOT salvageable

Could i possibly get a solution to make wrecks NON salvageable that used to be?? Thanks gents

Not salvageable wreck ebps:

• Anything that begins map_object_
  • wrecked_atgun_b4-200mm
  • wrecked_early_war_tank_01
  • wrecked_m3a1_scout_car
  • wrecked_m4a3_sherman_map_object
  • wrecked_panzer_iii
  • wrecked_panzer_iv_frozen
  • wrecked_panzer_iv_sdkfz_161
  • wrecked_soviet_76mm_sherman
  • wrecked_stug_iii_g_sdkfz_141_1
  • wrecked_t_34_76
  • wrecked_t_34_85_red_banner_tow

As to go about making wrecks non-salvageable that used to be, you would need to go into the actual object's ebp file and remove "salvageable_object" from the ebp's unit_type under type_ext. I only know about doing this from the modding perspective, I'm not sure this can be done on a map-only basis.
11 Sep 2015, 07:50 AM

I tried to use blockers around wrecks, but they don´t work.

Wrecks which are not salvageable I use are:

wrecked_panzer_iv_sdkfz_161
wrecked_t_34_76
wrecked_early_war_tank_01
wrecked_m4a3_sherman_map_object

For a not salvageable equivalent for the blitz truck I used relics destroyed versions of soviet_truck and belgian_truck via stamp tool from "rails and metal" and "ettelbrück station".

These objects are still salvageable!:

frozen_panzer_iv
frozen_stug_iii
wrecked_t_34_red_banner +....
wrecked_t_34_76_02
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 11 Sep 2015, 17:34 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I made a set of wrecks to be used in maps that aren't salvageable and made the proper way. A lot of vehicle wrecks are done with an animation state called "fake_wreck" and it ends up using a lot more resources as those wrecks still have all their other animations and fx tied to them. Some of the tech artists went through and stripped some of the vehicles of all the extras and made basic wrecks. Something like the sherman wreck is actually 1 wreck with 3 different states, so I duplicated it and created one for each state (same with the sutgIII). At some point I'd like to increase this list with other vehicles that use the same model, but with slight variations so we can get the most out of the wrecks (Something like the Kv-1, Kv-2, and KV-8 for example).

Here is the current set of wrecks I suggest all map makers use for now (I replaced wrecks on all the Relic maps with these wrecks).

map_object_m4sherman_105mm
map_object_m4sherman_76mm
map_object_m4sherman_dozer
map_object_pak38
map_object_panzeriv
map_object_stugiii_long
map_object_stugiii_short

there is also a map_object_opelblitz wreck if you want a wrecked version of that truck.

p.s. Please let me know if you see any wrecks on a relic map that are still salvageable.
11 Sep 2015, 17:46 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

I noticed the "frozen" vehicles, specifically the frozen stug and frozen P4 are also salvagable, if you guys could make an unsalvagable version of those thatd b great.

The better solution rather than u guys doing all these extra models is to have an option under EDIT STATE of a given vehicle or wreck and you could just have the mapper turn ON or OFF its salvage. Just a thought.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 11 Sep 2015, 17:49 PM
Developer Relic Badge

The problem with that though is that it still keeps all the vehicles animations and fx requiring a lot more resources than creating a basic wreck model on it's own.

The frozen wrecks have issues, if you use the wrecks I listed and just paint some light snow where they are they will appear covered in snow.
11 Sep 2015, 17:52 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Im working on a project where its supposed to look like the germans abandoned vehicles and left them in the snow... Looks like that idea might be out the window according to all this
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 11 Sep 2015, 18:26 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Sorry I made a mistake with the frozen vehicles, I thought they had floating objects. I will take a look at making the frozen_panzer_iv and frozen_stug_iii non salvageable. They are used in the campaign missions so I will have to double check that it wont break anything there. If it does break the missions I may just have to create a new set of data and add map_object_frozen_panzeriv and map_object_frozen_stugiii.

11 Sep 2015, 23:22 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

thats awesome man keep me posted and let me know how that goes!
12 Sep 2015, 00:21 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Oh and if any of this is slowing down Relic from making an ingame robust ladder system then STOP IMMEDIATELY AND WORK ON THAT! thanks! <444>3
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★