Login

russian armor

VIPUKS can help you to play better.

5 Nov 2015, 19:51 PM
Donator 22

VIPUKS have you tried with OH, one of the howitzer doctrin? Any success? Maybe the one with pak43&howitzer?(2vs2)
5 Nov 2015, 20:01 PM

A question on Commander Choice in 1v1s as Ostheer.
My current loadout is Mobile Defence, Spearhead, and Close Air Support. Are there any tips on which commander to pick in which situation?
5 Nov 2015, 20:41 PM

VIPUKS have you tried with OH, one of the howitzer doctrin? Any success? Maybe the one with pak43&howitzer?(2vs2)

I tested them a lot. Mostly 2 howi strat. They are not cost effective. If you want reliable arty get 2x mortar halftracks. When it comes to pak43 it is good but other ostheer commanders can offer much more than what pak 43 can offer + okw have good pak 43 commander.
5 Nov 2015, 20:45 PM

A question on Commander Choice in 1v1s as Ostheer.
My current loadout is Mobile Defence, Spearhead, and Close Air Support. Are there any tips on which commander to pick in which situation?

Mobile when you have no fuel income for long time. Mortar halftracks is way to go all the time (especially if soviet built 120 mm mortar) close air support is when you want to spam lmg grens and gamble with anti tank strafes which were already nerfed.
6 Nov 2015, 07:30 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 20:41 PMVIPUKS

I tested them a lot. Mostly 2 howi strat. They are not cost effective. If you want reliable arty get 2x mortar halftracks. When it comes to pak43 it is good but other ostheer commanders can offer much more than what pak 43 can offer + okw have good pak 43 commander.

thx man! :):thumb:
12 Apr 2016, 21:13 PM

12 Apr 2016, 21:35 PM

How do you properly deal with cromwell spam as ostheer in a 2v2? Especially on more close quarters maps. Stugs get circle strafed too easily, P4s get outnumbered, Pgrens get crushed, panthers too expensive. Teller mines can't be everywhere....
13 Apr 2016, 11:59 AM

Hey Vipuks!
First of all let me thank you for your idea! Really, really helpful to "newbies" to multiplayer COH 2 like me!

Anyways here's my question:

What to do as OKW against Soviet Con Blob into Maxim/Mortar and IS2. I tried Flak Halftrack but 3 Zis tore it apart. Panzerfüselier/Volks/Sturm Mix couldn't stop the Russian tide which was then supported by SU85 and KV8.

I just didn't manage to bleed him enough.

Blobs in general are a big problem for me when playing any of the Axis factions.

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work here!
13 Apr 2016, 12:24 PM

What's the best against Ultra brit lamery in 2v2 AT

i mean emplacement commander, 2 mortar pits, bofors, stall until land mattress spam?
13 Apr 2016, 12:31 PM

How do you properly deal with cromwell spam as ostheer in a 2v2? Especially on more close quarters maps. Stugs get circle strafed too easily, P4s get outnumbered, Pgrens get crushed, panthers too expensive. Teller mines can't be everywhere....

Well I guess you should deal with cromwells same as you deal with t34/85s, 2 paks is standard call, if stugs get flanked use spotting scopes on them and p4 shouldn't go alone, it's important that you support every unit with what you got, tellers don't have to be everywhere sometimes it's enough to put it on choke point and later or sooner it will drive over it. If you are getting overwhelmed by tanks it would be a smart choice not to split over the map and focus on one part and watch your flanks.
13 Apr 2016, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 11:59 AMDiePest
Hey Vipuks!
First of all let me thank you for your idea! Really, really helpful to "newbies" to multiplayer COH 2 like me!

Anyways here's my question:

What to do as OKW against Soviet Con Blob into Maxim/Mortar and IS2. I tried Flak Halftrack but 3 Zis tore it apart. Panzerfüselier/Volks/Sturm Mix couldn't stop the Russian tide which was then supported by SU85 and KV8.

I just didn't manage to bleed him enough.

Blobs in general are a big problem for me when playing any of the Axis factions.

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work here!

Con blob into maxim spam or 2 cons 3 maxims is something what you can see everyday. I think it would be logical decision not to build halftrack as soon as you see maxim cause you know your opponent will get zis guns :) so what you end up is double isg. It's RNG unit but it will win against any russian mortars and sooner or later will break maxims ofc if you think this is not the way you want to play you can try pz2 just keep in mind that his at guns will be right investment to counter you.

If you end up in map with a lot of buildings use them and don't forget that you can always wire it once it's safe to do so. I wouldn't recommend to go for panzerfusilier cause they cost 90 mun for upgrade and we all know that for this price you can get a shrek or 3 mines which can be set up near house exits which can wipe squad once it exit the house.

For IS2 you will need to bring big guns :P and that is jagdpanzer or KT or ...... panther. By the time IS2 arrives you should definitely be able to afford jagdpanzer and with some shreks + pupchens you will fight it off, panther won't really help you a lot against IS2 so you should aim for jagdpanzer or KT or maybe panther if you are feeling lucky...
13 Apr 2016, 12:58 PM

What's the best against Ultra brit lamery in 2v2 AT

i mean emplacement commander, 2 mortar pits, bofors, stall until land mattress spam?

Can't say much about this. Me and my friend use this strat <444>3 and we lose in early game cause of super aggressive axis or we do fine in early game and always win late game.
13 Apr 2016, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 12:58 PMVIPUKS

Can't say much about this. Me and my friend use this strat <444>3 and we lose in early game cause of super aggressive axis or we do fine in early game and always win late game.

what do you generally do in early mid and lategame?
13 Apr 2016, 14:27 PM

what do you generally do in early mid and lategame?

Well if we play as axis we try to blob all in one and just make sure that what ever they are building will go down. Sniper is also very strong against brits so if they are investing a lot in emplacements they should not have a lot of sections and should be easy to push and destroy mortar pits. One player should be rushing for p4 and again rush in just to destroy emplacements. Paks also do good job against it as long as they shoot at it. Basically you need to make sure that they build their mortar pits as close to their bases as possible so you would have some room to breathe.

Here is a good example of what happens when allies are not supporting each other and everything just fall apart https://www.coh2.org/replay/51602/hoi-so-much-skill.
13 Apr 2016, 15:56 PM

How, when and with which commanders can you use multiple T34/76s with success?
13 Apr 2016, 16:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 12:31 PMVIPUKS

Well I guess you should deal with cromwells same as you deal with t34/85s, 2 paks is standard call, if stugs get flanked use spotting scopes on them and p4 shouldn't go alone, it's important that you support every unit with what you got, tellers don't have to be everywhere sometimes it's enough to put it on choke point and later or sooner it will drive over it. If you are getting overwhelmed by tanks it would be a smart choice not to split over the map and focus on one part and watch your flanks.

Unfortunately, spotting scopes, stugs, and double paks, just don't work on maps like dussledorf. That was specifically the type of map I was referring to. On other maps I have to problem with dealing with tanks of all types.

The next question I guess is how you deal with Calliopes as ostheer in a 2v2 AT where the USFs Ally actually helps defend his Calliopes for him? I had a game a few months back against Ciez and Momo and they went Calli and crom spam with arty cover on rails and metal. I went Jaeger armor and got 222 with spotting scopes for my elephant and a pwerfer. They just kept bombing us out they rushing with croms. Felt pretty hopeless...
13 Apr 2016, 16:38 PM

Unfortunately, spotting scopes, stugs, and double paks, just don't work on maps like dussledorf. That was specifically the type of map I was referring to. On other maps I have no problem with dealing with tanks of all types.

The next question I guess is how you deal with Calliopes as ostheer in a 2v2 AT where the USFs Ally actually helps defend his Calliopes for him? I had a game a few months back against Ciez and Momo and they went Calli and crom spam with arty cover on rails and metal. I went Jaeger armor and got 222 with spotting scopes for my elephant and a pwerfer. They just kept bombing us out they rushing with croms. Felt pretty hopeless...

Wups, hit replay instead of edit:p
14 Apr 2016, 17:22 PM

How, when and with which commanders can you use multiple T34/76s with success?

I don't think that any commander will hardly effect your t34/76 strat. Probably you want commander which will allow you to quickly repair your tanks like soviet industry with repair stations or crew repair ability, in the end you will have to rely on su85 if your opponent will bring heavy tanks. Also mark vehicle will definitely help you to deal more damage against tanks.
14 Apr 2016, 17:56 PM

Unfortunately, spotting scopes, stugs, and double paks, just don't work on maps like dussledorf. That was specifically the type of map I was referring to. On other maps I have to problem with dealing with tanks of all types.

If you are getting nailed by british mortar pits I highly recommend you to try out 2x mortars halftracks + 2x isgs. Answer arty with more arty ^_^'. This usually help a lot if you keep maintaining your arty and in the end brit will bleed and spend a lot of mp or mun to keep repairing pits. Keep in mind that ostheer Light artillery barrage will destroy pit in one go if your opponents brace ability is on cooldown.

Against calliopes there isn't much you can do. Just don't blob, just don't! And look for opportunities to flank him with your tanks if they don't have any mines set.

Don't forget that you have a riegel mine, this bad boy will backstab your opponent really hard and tank will be immobilized until it will not be fully repaired. I understand that sometimes everything just don't work but you have to use what you have and just keep trying. You can always try 17 min KT :snfBarton:

Btw didn't I played against you in 1v1 <444>3 ?
23 Apr 2016, 20:22 PM

How do I stop MG42's as Brits? Should I focus on getting a mortar emplacement as soon as possible? I think I get too many infantry section ( I end up getting like 3 in total, I get the 2nd before tech up.

Also, does British sniper have some difficulty vs Garrisoned MGs? Last match I had one shooting at an MG34 in a building and did nothing to those inside.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★