Login

russian armor

Panther is overperforming?

4 Sep 2015, 07:36 AM

It's a good tank, just in the right position.
It was OP, than it was super bad but now it's finally in a good state.

Also, the cost dude!
You should have a good tank for that cost.
4 Sep 2015, 07:46 AM

hihihi so funnyyyyy
4 Sep 2015, 08:15 AM

my opinion on the Panther is this,its a medium tank thats very fast,with high armor,turreted gun with very good AT power but not so good AI and it also has 3 machine guns to deal damage to infantry(soviets dont notice it but the americans do)

the panther vs the soviets is mostly ok BUT the americans have huge problems with it,they cant flank it cause its impossible duo to the panthers speed and turret rotation,their main at gun with ap shells doesnt penetrate the panther so you cant treaten it with AT guns with the usf,Bazookas cant penetrate nor damage if they do penetrate so you cant use infantry(something the panther cant deal well if their durable)to destroy it or push it back to protect your tanks from it(like the panzershreack does to allied tanks),your only options is the Jackson a tank destroyer that must always attack with max range so it wont get destroyered in seconds by anything that has AT in its name.

Duo to this the panther is pretty powerful against the usf

we can try and buff the at performance of the at gun and the bazookas to stop it but we also need to change something in the panther that will make it weak to flanks.

the panther had one weakness in real life and it also had it in vCOH,its side armor,as the USF you used speed in vCOH with your tanks or tank destroyers to deal with the panther if you wished but in COH2 side armor doesnt exist but only rear and frontal armor but what we could try is this,decrease the frontal armor size(it should take 25-30% of the module you see)and increase the rear size part(70-75%) this will make most of the side part of the panther weak which in turn the USF will exploit with their fast tanks.

anyways the panthers is only OP against the USF,the soviets dont have alot of problems with it
4 Sep 2015, 08:22 AM

my opinion on the Panther is this,its a medium tank thats very fast,with high armor,turreted gun with very good AT power but not so good AI and it also has 3 machine guns to deal damage to infantry(soviets dont notice it but the americans do)

the panther vs the soviets is mostly ok BUT the americans have huge problems with it,they cant flank it cause its impossible duo to the panthers speed and turret rotation,their main at gun with ap shells doesnt penetrate the panther so you cant treaten it with AT guns with the usf,Bazookas cant penetrate nor damage if they do penetrate so you cant use infantry(something the panther cant deal well if their durable)to destroy it or push it back to protect your tanks from it(like the panzershreack does to allied tanks),your only options is the Jackson a tank destroyer that must always attack with max range so it wont get destroyered in seconds by anything that has AT in its name.

we can try and buff the at performance of the at gun and the bazookas to stop it but we also need to change something in the panther that will make it weak to flanks.

the panther had one weakness in real life and it also had it in vCOH,its side armor,as the USF you used speed in vCOH with your tanks or tank destroyers to deal with the panther if you wished but in COH2 side armor doesnt exist but only rear and frontal armor but what we could try is this,decrease the frontal armor size(it should take 25-30% of the module you see)and increase the rear size part(70-75%) this will make most of the side part of the panther weak which in turn the USF will exploit with their fast tanks.

anyways the panthers is only OP against the USF,the soviets dont have alot of problems with it

Game only renders front and side armor. Side armor isn't actually side armor, but either front or rear armor, this value is split in half by the tank's length. So hit side armor on the front half of the Panther/Is2/whatever tank aah bad luck front armor, hit the side armor on the rear half of the Panther/Is2/whatever tank niceee!

Lame but just the way it is

Better buff USF at gun ever so slightly and give the SU85 some love, the thing isn't really much of a worthy tank destroyer anymore (used to be godlike and feared). I think blitz should go.
4 Sep 2015, 08:44 AM

pusssyking is overperforming in bullshitting? Yes.
4 Sep 2015, 08:47 AM

USF is just weak in general.
4 Sep 2015, 08:49 AM

Man, I hate the axis more than anyone, but with the brits arriving and their super tanks hitting the field - the last damn thing the germans need is ANY nerf to any one of their battle tanks.

The panther performs well, no doubt about it. But it also doesn't cost 100 manpower and 25 fuel either. It costs a good amount to get onto the field and it's performance should run parallel to that.

I'm no expert. But it's safe to say the panther is perfectly fine where it is at.
4 Sep 2015, 09:06 AM

You can tell if a unit is OP.

You see it in every game, M5 Quad for example.

Panther imo is no more prevalent than any other OST tank.
4 Sep 2015, 09:08 AM

Panther is fine as it is right now.
4 Sep 2015, 09:39 AM

It seems like panther is just too good for a tank hunter. High speed, super duper armor, ability to pop smoke and get away, lmg upgrade and crush used to run over infantry. Its too good. Its both and AT and AI weapon. Kinda of a superman tank. I think the bitch is overperforming.

Getting 3x Stug III is better than getting 1x Panther, clearly overperforming. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4 Sep 2015, 09:53 AM

Panther gets destroyed by Sherman firefly in 1 shot + 2 rockets (5sec). Try that.
4 Sep 2015, 10:15 AM

I myself am 1vs1 player ,and sometimes 2vs 2 player, but as i see it the panther is steadily becoming obsolete. both the jackson and the firefly easily penetrate its armour .Combine this with its rather lackluster dps and its no wonder people are switching to the jp4 and stug. 2 stugs which cost about the same as 1 panther can take down a medium tank under 5 seconds. a panther needs more then 20 seconds.
4 Sep 2015, 10:29 AM

Panther gets destroyed by Sherman firefly in 1 shot + 2 rockets (5sec). Try that.

Why that panther wasn't moving?

The most mobile tank hunter wasn't chasing/circling slow tank sniper with terrible turret traverse.

Why?

Can we not talk about L2P scenarios like they were balance issues?
4 Sep 2015, 10:30 AM

It is ok , and you dont see panthers all day they are expensive ...
4 Sep 2015, 10:35 AM

when will pussyking stop being the allied fanboi he is
4 Sep 2015, 10:50 AM

Why that panther wasn't moving?

The most mobile tank hunter wasn't chasing/circling slow tank sniper with terrible turret traverse.

Why?

Can we not talk about L2P scenarios like they were balance issues?

insta gibbing panthers is a bit ridiculous, gotta admit
4 Sep 2015, 10:53 AM

insta gibbing panthers is a bit ridiculous, gotta admit

Also not possible.

680 is less then 800 in my book.
And there is still 30% to deflect.
4 Sep 2015, 10:56 AM

Also not possible.

680 is less then 800 in my book.
And there is still 30% to deflect.

800 - 680 = 120, which means another shot will do it, which means insta gibbing to me.

it is ridiculous, kati, admit it already

its not ok because its allies
4 Sep 2015, 11:07 AM

don't get me offensive but if i see pussyking as the creator of a thread i know its garbage :lolol:
4 Sep 2015, 11:10 AM

800 - 680 = 120, which means another shot will do it, which means insta gibbing to me.

it is ridiculous, kati, admit it already

its not ok because its allies

Well, sure, nerf its damage, but give FF faster reload and reduce the cost to use them.

FF is underperforming with lowest AT dps out of any AT weapon in game, including ISU. Outside of this one trick it can do.

I'm tired of people screaming nerfs for everything they know nothing about.
Had it been axis army and axis unit, I'd still say the same.

You can't nerf stuff like this without compensating for it in other areas as the unit is incapable of functioning on its own, even jackson doesn't have as hard time against armor as FF despite its fragility.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★