Login

russian armor

COH2, so good but also soooo bad...

3 Sep 2015, 21:14 PM

After about 30 years of gaming i can say with 100% certainty that this is my favorite game of all time. But i hate the fact that Relic turned this super game to a DLC orgy.
I like the new faction (pre ordered it like anything else for this game) but its a shame that for 3 extra commanders i have to pay the same as for the new faction and on top of this we don't get (just) one set of skins for it. The skins sets cost more then the base game :loco::loco::loco:

Its really disappointing to see that.
I know, i will get over it (wait till the sales :D) but still... its a shame. This game could have so many more players but Relic/SEGA didn't want that to happen. It is very sad to see that.

Anyway, i just wanted to say that!

3 Sep 2015, 23:37 PM

I agree completely. I hate everything they do with this game and I hate how this company created such a masterpiece with vCOH and the sequel is complete diarrhea. There's like no such thing as a comeback in this game and it's so inconsistent with your gameplay experience.
4 Sep 2015, 07:01 AM

This doesn't matter unless you'rea very impatient person.

You know all this is going to come with a discount if you care to wait a bit.

You say you played for 30 years. I guess you have a broader perspective than today and tomorrow then?
4 Sep 2015, 08:22 AM

This doesn't matter unless you'rea very impatient person.

You know all this is going to come with a discount if you care to wait a bit.

You say you played for 30 years. I guess you have a broader perspective than today and tomorrow then?

Of curse i will wait and i wont buy all the skins. Maybe just the commanders and one skin set, that it. And only because i love this game (but i hate this DLC rip-off, because it is a rip-off and they know it.

I just wanted to state my disappointment, that's all.
I feel that my intelligence gets insulted when i see this DLCs and prices. Its like Relic?SEGA think that we are kids or stupid or or or...
4 Sep 2015, 08:25 AM

I agree completely. I hate everything they do with this game and I hate how this company created such a masterpiece with vCOH and the sequel is complete diarrhea. There's like no such thing as a comeback in this game and it's so inconsistent with your gameplay experience.

You haven't had your Ace Experience yet? Believe me, there are ways for a comeback :foreveralone:
4 Sep 2015, 08:27 AM

Welcome to the new world of gaming man. It's everywhere.
I see it as a super good thing to keep the game refreshing.
New skins, new commanders, ...

All good! :bananadance:
4 Sep 2015, 08:47 AM
Patrion 15

I have buy all of them.... I do this because I love this game and want to support it.... It's true what you say... It's a shame that three commanders with 3 skin packs cost so much more as the new faction....
But I how I say it, I love this game and must support the devolpers... Better 4€ for skins Then for op commander
4 Sep 2015, 12:05 PM

After about 30 years of gaming i can say with 100% certainty that this is my favorite game of all time. But i hate the fact that Relic turned this super game to a DLC orgy.
I like the new faction (pre ordered it like anything else for this game) but its a shame that for 3 extra commanders i have to pay the same as for the new faction and on top of this we don't get (just) one set of skins for it. The skins sets cost more then the base game :loco::loco::loco:

Its really disappointing to see that.
I know, i will get over it (wait till the sales :D) but still... its a shame. This game could have so many more players but Relic/SEGA didn't want that to happen. It is very sad to see that.

Anyway, i just wanted to say that!

You have never seen an MMO store have you? MMOs cost $60 base game and a few have $15 a month fees, on top of that you have character cloths packs, dyes for those cloths, pets, mounts, extra abilities, extra character slots, more bank space, ingredient packs, keys for chests, the list goes on and it EASILY adds up to THOUSANDS of dollars more than the base game price. By no means is CoH2 close to a full DLC orgy.
4 Sep 2015, 12:27 PM

Free servers ... enough said. I'll throw them a bone or two for something fancy in game because of that.
4 Sep 2015, 12:42 PM

Free servers ... enough said. I'll throw them a bone or two for something fancy in game because of that.

+1

You have to see it as a way to keep supporting the devs.
Previously, you bought a game and the devs started working on the next game.
Now, they can survive and keep working on the game itself (like the 5y plan of Relic), because of DLC.

The gaming landscape has completely changed, but try to see the positive side rather than the negative.
It has more bright sides than dark sides to it :).

:bananadance:
4 Sep 2015, 12:44 PM

The only thing that's honestly DLC whoring is the commanders you can buy. The actual game expansions like Western forces and Brits are something all games have had since the beginning of big gaming, expansions, which are not priced as full games.
4 Sep 2015, 12:48 PM

This game isn't my favorite because Relic is a company made to anally destroy you and take all your money.

Maybe if they actually listened to some good community ideas we'd have a great game. :foreveralone:

That being said they at least listen to some ideas, but take up to a year to implement them in a basic way. :foreveralone:

4 Sep 2015, 13:03 PM

I know that this is the way it goes now but in this case i think it is a bit to much. That is how i feel.
As i stated before, i also am buying almost everything for this game because i love it and i want to support the devs. But i feel that this love goes only oneway. If they loved me as a customer and loyal fan, they would give me a little more (maybe one set of skins for the Brits) and not just expect from the fans to be supportive by just taking everything they throw at us.
To be honest, 40 bucks for AA? 20 more bucks just for Skins (for the brits)??? 20% of the the Brits????

Come on Relic, you can and should do better, not just try to milk your fans.

Anyway, just look at my Sig, i am so :crazy:
4 Sep 2015, 13:07 PM

Have they added the 3 Premium British Commanders to the Steam Store? I haven't seen them... Kinda wanted to buy one of the Crocodile commanders to see what all that talk was about
4 Sep 2015, 13:31 PM

Till yesterday there was nothing in the Steam store. Only in the Ingame store.
4 Sep 2015, 13:42 PM

DLC commanders and the ingame store is far from being the problem with this game.

I dont mind having to buy the commanders, because Relic has to make some sort of income to pay their employees etc.

Besides, if you play the game you will get loot drops, personally i have gotten every singly OKW and Wehrmacht commander in the game for free and some others.
4 Sep 2015, 14:07 PM

Some almost 15 year ago, I hastily bought D&D 3E, and it was so great. Soon, the market flooded with D20 system material, and you had anything you wanted. Meanwhile, WotC kept pumping some great material, but... There was so much milking too.

In my foolishness, I bought the Hero Builder's Manual, which is a fancy name to "You have no imagination, so we figured some characters' stories for you". The book has absolutely zero new material. No prestige classes, no alternate rules, not even sample characters (I can be wrong about this last part, I don't have the book with me). It was some 40 pages-long.

The table game Risk too, offered an alternative setting with Europe and the Roman Empire. It's the same game, just a different map and units.

Thing is, this is not new. It's just easier to make new add-on material with electronic gaming and, as some people said, there's a lot of games out there that do it at far greater lenghts. Relic gives their products for free through War Spoils, which is already great, with all its flaws.
4 Sep 2015, 14:21 PM
Donator 11

This game isn't my favorite because Relic is a company made to anally destroy you and take all your money.

Maybe if they actually listened to some good community ideas we'd have a great game. :foreveralone:

That being said they at least listen to some ideas, but take up to a year to implement them in a basic way. :foreveralone:

But if they listened to the people who shouted the loudest Axis would need a Maus or Ratte as a starting unit to be viable. :romeoHairDay:
4 Sep 2015, 22:22 PM

You haven't had your Ace Experience yet? Believe me, there are ways for a comeback :foreveralone:

I'm referring to the allies mainly. If Axis get their call ins out mixed with their regular tanks, you're done. Nothing can fight them off. That's why I think it's bad to have a historically accurate game for an RTS due to the fact the Germans wiped the floor with us and the only reason they didn't win the war is because they were pressed hard and ran out of time to really bring out their devastating weapons.
5 Sep 2015, 15:28 PM

Its like Relic?SEGA think that we are kids or stupid or or or...

The two of us are no kids, I see. But I suspect we are in vast minority.

So Relic may in fact be on to something here ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★