Login

russian armor

No more Reinforce on upgraded halftrack

16 Nov 2015, 01:46 AM

If you compare every "forward HQ" from each faction, the main point of comparison is that they are all "weak spots" beeing fragile (ambu/HT/UKFbase) or hard to replace (OKW truck). I mean that they cannot defends by themselfs. Having a mobile reinforcement point, capable of shredding/pinning squads seems wrong on the paper. The nerf was deserved.

I dunno, I feel like if someone wants to spend 120 munitions or whatever the fuck it is now (140? I forget) for flamers or AA halftrack, I think it's fair that it can defend itself.

Considering that the only reinforcement structure in existence before new factions/doctrines etc was the reinforcement bunker (which I never see anyone build, if I'm being honest) I don't really get this argument.

Faction design also matters. Brit reinforcement point is overly fragile (due to brit emplacements being overly fragile to small arms) but it also does a lot more than just reinforce. It has weapon racks, buffs nearby emplacements so you don't need to garrison them and can be used as a retreat point. Ambulance can't be too strong because of how strong riflemen are, so it has a lot of restrictions on its mobile reinforcement. (Must be stationary, in friendly territory.) However, it can also HEAL alongside reinforce which is a huge benefit over the halftracks.

I just don't think it was overpowered. Halftracks were and still are glass cannons. Now you have to make this weird decision between "Do I want reinforcement or do I want a big rolling gun?" and I don't like it. Too expensive of an upgrade to remove unit functionality that the unit is built around.

16 Nov 2015, 03:00 AM

Now you have to make this weird decision between "Do I want reinforcement or do I want a big rolling gun?" and I don't like it. Too expensive of an upgrade to remove unit functionality that the unit is built around.

Is it that weird though? It sounds like you want your cake and eat it too.
It's a pretty standard question though: should I invest 120 munitions into changing this units purpose?

The upgrade gives you a squishy but very mobile suppression and AA unit.
It's the same sort of thing with the Wehrmacht and the 251 flamer upgrade: do I want to spend 120 munitions for a potent, mobile, anti-garrison/cover denial unit?

In a similar vein, upgrading panzergrenadiers with double shreks for 120 munitions turns an anti-infantry (debateable) unit into an anti-tank unit.
16 Nov 2015, 03:41 AM

i wish the reinforce bunker could live 3 at gun shots kappa
16 Nov 2015, 21:43 PM

The upgrade gives you a squishy but very mobile suppression and AA unit.
It's the same sort of thing with the Wehrmacht and the 251 flamer upgrade: do I want to spend 120 munitions for a potent, mobile, anti-garrison/cover denial unit?

I was under the impression that the flamer upgrade on 251 doesn't take away it's ability to reinforce, is that incorrect?
17 Nov 2015, 03:44 AM

I was under the impression that the flamer upgrade on 251 doesn't take away it's ability to reinforce, is that incorrect?

Since the September update, all upgraded halftracks no longer have the ability to reinforce.

251 Flame Halftrack

Increasing the range slightly to help the flammenwerfer be more effective. We are also removing its ability to reinforce once players get the upgrade. This provides the player with a distinct choice in how they want their unit to perform.
Range increased from 25 to 30
Loses reinforce

M5 Halftrack

Reducing penetration slightly to allow for dedicated light vehicle counters to excel more at facing the M5. Also reducing its moving accuracy to reduce its ability to chase and shoot. We are also removing its ability to reinforce once players get the upgrade. This provides the player with a distinct choice in how they want their unit to perform.
Quad penetration reduced from 1.5/2/2.5 to 1.25/1.5/1.75
Moving accuracy reduced from 0.5 to 0.4
Quad removes reinforce
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 48
unknown 17
Germany 7
unknown 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #