Login

russian armor

No more Reinforce on upgraded halftrack

3 Sep 2015, 19:24 PM

No more reinforce on quad m5. The same will be on sdkfz 251 ostheer. Its ok but germans have hq in bunker. Soviet no! Okw british and US have hq on field but no vanilla factions! What do you think about this change? I think soviet have the worst opportunity to reinforce
3 Sep 2015, 19:37 PM

Seems to me there is now a drawback in upgrading quad besides the muni cost. So if you want to reinforce, you don´t upgrade, eh?
3 Sep 2015, 19:40 PM

Yes. Now, red army can only reinforce on HQ and M5 without quad AA. Ostheer have HQ Halftrack and Bunker Hq. And other factions have HQ in field. Wow soviets again nerfed
3 Sep 2015, 19:43 PM

There is also FHQ and you can always make multiple halftracks.
3 Sep 2015, 19:50 PM

FHQ is doctrinal. 60 fuel on and 540 MP on 2 halftracks Yes so good deal. Do not forget about tech:)
4 Sep 2015, 06:08 AM

yeah it sucks
4 Sep 2015, 06:35 AM

A halftrack with incredible shock value that is pretty much a gattling gun on wheels while high on crack going around splashing everything while also reinforcing all units, needed some kind of drawback.
4 Sep 2015, 19:09 PM

A halftrack with incredible shock value that is pretty much a gattling gun on wheels while high on crack going around splashing everything while also reinforcing all units, needed some kind of drawback.

but that was the only unit which could reinforce. It needed a nerf, but imo, the reinforcement option shouldn't have been taken away. THings like suppression and damage could be changed.
24 Sep 2015, 17:49 PM

Soviets are fine its a choice Upgrade or no upgrade they made it a balanced trade off..
24 Sep 2015, 22:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 19:40 PMruzap4
Yes. Now, red army can only reinforce on HQ and M5 without quad AA. Ostheer have HQ Halftrack and Bunker Hq. And other factions have HQ in field. Wow soviets again nerfed

The Soviets have the HQ, halftrack and merge ability. The Ostheer have the HQ, half track and bunker. US has the HQ and medic truck. The OKW has the HQ and the field HQ. Brits have the HQ and forward HQ.

The Soviets and the Ostheer have the best renforcement capabilities out of them all. If anything they need nerfed more.
25 Sep 2015, 13:37 PM

It was s good change but the SU doen't have forward healing unless they go urban which is a weak doctrine. But that's ok because they have large squads but let's not act like they have anything as good as OKW med truck or ambulance
2 Oct 2015, 07:28 AM

Slightly off topic: can teamplayers who play brits or US also reinforce with the M5?
2 Oct 2015, 08:34 AM
Donator 11

Slightly off topic: can teamplayers who play brits or US also reinforce with the M5?

Yes as far as I know all reinforcement points work for allies too
2 Oct 2015, 08:44 AM

Permanently Banned
If you want to reinforce, don't get the upgrade to quad. There should be a trade off, either you get it or you don't. We don't want to return to the times where one m5 was an instant gg since it could insta suppress, wipe units on retreat like it was nothing and could reinforce a push so that it could go on the entire game. No thanks!

And you seem to forget that Concripts can merge with other squads. This has saved me time on many occasions. I simply reinforced a Maxim, Zis gun or Mortar squad and kept on the pressure.
8 Oct 2015, 19:16 PM

The drawback was that it couldn't garrison units anymore.

This is a dumb change imo.
10 Oct 2015, 06:21 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The drawback was that it couldn't garrison units anymore.

Did anybody actually do that?
Hat
10 Oct 2015, 07:05 AM

Yeah, the drawback was that it cost 125 ammunition and was soft.

The vehicle took 2 panzer shots or 2 pak shots to die.
10 Oct 2015, 16:05 PM

Did anybody actually do that?

It was pretty useful for moving troops to the front. Both squads could shoot out of it too which was sometimes nice.

If units didn't take 20 seconds to get in, I'd use it all the time.
9 Nov 2015, 13:52 PM

If you compare every "forward HQ" from each faction, the main point of comparison is that they are all "weak spots" beeing fragile (ambu/HT/UKFbase) or hard to replace (OKW truck). I mean that they cannot defends by themselfs. Having a mobile reinforcement point, capable of shredding/pinning squads seems wrong on the paper. The nerf was deserved.
9 Nov 2015, 14:15 PM

I miss old quad :mellow:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight