Login

russian armor

okw vs brits 1v1

3 Sep 2015, 17:06 PM

Maybe im writing this topic too fast but after 5 okw games they seem to be countered every way by the brits and struggle in every field. Volks get eatin up by the dps of tommy infantry. early flak emplacments have ridculous dps. all british emplacements survive endless stuka barrages. Tommy enginners murdur anything in close range for 210mp. i mean its endless the brits have a counter in every aresenal. firefly is a panther on steriods.
3 Sep 2015, 17:08 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

If you let the Brit survive to late game you're toast as OKW.
3 Sep 2015, 22:18 PM

well i hope that the axis guys realize that they cant have all the good stuff to themselves its time the allies have some of that too in order to level the playing field
4 Sep 2015, 00:20 AM
Donator 11

Maybe im writing this topic too fast but after 5 okw games they seem to be countered every way by the brits and struggle in every field. Volks get eatin up by the dps of tommy infantry. early flak emplacments have ridculous dps. all british emplacements survive endless stuka barrages. Tommy enginners murdur anything in close range for 210mp. i mean its endless the brits have a counter in every aresenal. firefly is a panther on steriods.

Exept panther eats firefly on breakfast in 1 vs 1.

Panther is a huge problem in coh2. Too good, too overperforming.
4 Sep 2015, 00:42 AM

there are a few abilities that seem kinda over the top, mainly the issue I have is the the bombing run one shooting okw trucks , and the mg34 need a buff to its suppression
4 Sep 2015, 00:50 AM

No, it isn't. It does exactly the job it's supposed to. A Firefly loses to a Panzer 4 1v1. The problem is that Brit players keep thinking it's supposed to stand in the front line and trade shots, IT ISN'T. Get a Comet or a Churchill or Cromwell for that.
4 Sep 2015, 00:52 AM
Patrion 27

I can't agree. I got Simon to 4 vp's as OKW and I've beat a few top 100 players and I'm wooden tier.

The only units that scare me are Comet and the belligerently overpowered flamer Churchill since the Panther and Puppchen do just about nothing to them. Falshirmjaegers are absolutely fantastic vs. UKF and the ISG can do really good work vs. their infantry.
4 Sep 2015, 01:21 AM

I can't agree. I got Simon to 4 vp's as OKW and I've beat a few top 100 players and I'm wooden tier.

The only units that scare me are Comet and the belligerently overpowered flamer Churchill since the Panther and Puppchen do just about nothing to them. Falshirmjaegers are absolutely fantastic vs. UKF and the ISG can do really good work vs. their infantry.
to be fair he was learning a new faction
4 Sep 2015, 01:25 AM

Forward command glider lets you crank out commandos for 350 manpower per squad at 3CP.

Then you get the OP as fuck croc as 12cp.

The new meta :sibWaddle:

The main problem is, without these two broken ass tools its actually quite a struggle to play as Brits, and obviously this is assuming you didn't get sniper cheese'd into oblivion early (not an issue with OKW naturally).
4 Sep 2015, 01:30 AM

there are a few abilities that seem kinda over the top, mainly the issue I have is the the bombing run one shooting okw trucks , and the mg34 need a buff to its suppression

The Anti-Building Flame Mortar Support ability sets literally every OKW truck on the map on fire. There are tons of ability that can totally shut down OKW trucks, hell just constant sexton barrages with in-base howitzer support.

The most optimal way to fight Brits is just try to base pin them with very aggressive play. If you don't close the game within 30 minutes then your screwed.
4 Sep 2015, 01:33 AM
Patrion 27

to be fair he was learning a new faction

Well yes, of course. It was only my third game vs. the Brits in 1v1 same as his third as them. If someone who can barely crack top 1,000 is putting up a fight vs. top 100 in the matchup then maybe it isn't as scary as this thread would have people believe.
4 Sep 2015, 16:37 PM

real problem with okw right know id say that brace ability with a forward bofors, it is indestructible, if you get cleared off the map once it is almost impossible to comeback in the game when one is built. i mean i thought a puma could counter it maybe even the artillery from tier 1 but it demolished a puma and take forever to die with brace and an engineer supporting it.. until this is fixed i seriously wont touch okw. here is a perfect example...

http://www.coh2.org/replay/39572/every-abuseful-britt-units-used
4 Sep 2015, 16:39 PM
Patrion 26

LoL!

Stop it already for the love of Jesus
4 Sep 2015, 16:44 PM

Permanently Banned
OKW has almost zero isssues against brits in 1v1.

You can have 6 squads on the field; While the brit player only has 4.

Plus the brit player wont be able to get another squad if you keep the pressure up. Reinforce cost is too high (35).
4 Sep 2015, 17:06 PM

Lufftwaffe, MG34's and Falls and a brit has had it.
4 Sep 2015, 17:55 PM

queen with that easy mentality that you have, seems any good reasonable player can easily just Bren carrier with flamer upgrade you push you off the map in half a second and then build a bofors on cutoff gg good game... watch the replay and see what i mean.
4 Sep 2015, 17:56 PM

no, just no the panther is fine in coh2.
4 Sep 2015, 18:03 PM
Donator 11

The Anti-Building Flame Mortar Support ability sets literally every OKW truck on the map on fire.

No it doesn't, though I understand it did in Alpha. Maybe actually play the release before you complain about something.
4 Sep 2015, 18:29 PM

I played several games 1vs1. against Brits and didn't have too much trouble. (Though I'll admit the players weren't that great since their ELO wasn't established yet I assume).

Few things I noticed

1. Buffed LeIG is going to be a major nuisance and source of MP bleed if they go heavy on Tommies.

2. Multiple Strumpioneers early on do wonders if you can flank and/or use Volks as meat shields to close in.

3. Breakthrough Strum officer is pretty awesome and lets you use superior numbers of cheap volks to pick off Tommy models easier. Plus you can use his ability to force retreat Vickers/ Supporting Tommy Squads to better even the odds.

4. JLI also are pretty great due to their sniping.

5. Kubel is pretty much a lost cause due to Bren Carrier :/
4 Sep 2015, 19:18 PM

No it doesn't, though I understand it did in Alpha. Maybe actually play the release before you complain about something.

They fixed it, then unfixed it, and now it might be fixed. The code on it is messy and it seems like they might have incorrectly put the exception in. And I have been playing release but not been playing Brits (because fuck waiting 2 hours for a game) and have just been fortunate enough not to play against someone with that commander :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★