Login

russian armor

UKF vs OKW

3 Sep 2015, 14:19 PM

Hi guys, i've been playing against the British, and i find them really hard to play against, their starting infantry is to strong against the volksgranadiers...
3 Sep 2015, 14:24 PM

So get lots of Sturmpioneers. Rush a puma, then another Puma, then another puma.
Remember, you have manpower and field control advantage.
3 Sep 2015, 14:27 PM

sturmpios are good flanking units, too costly to be frontiline inf...
i cant get a puma if i dont have map control, and pumas are light TD.
3 Sep 2015, 14:34 PM

Against US and Soviets they're too expensive. You have a higher manpower pool and rate than Brits, and Sturmpios are cheaper to reinforce than IS.

Puma shuts down all Brit early armor, and it takes them forever to get up to mediums because of manpower bleed. Get multiple Pumas and its basically gg.

You should have at least triple Sturmpios, and a couple Volks to back them up. Doing this you want to turn on Fuel Transfer ASAP, as you don't need munitions for anything and need that Puma out as quickly as possible to counter Brens and AECs.
3 Sep 2015, 14:40 PM
Donator 11

Hey Jay. I asssume we're talking about 1v1. Playing against Brits you need a different playstyle than against the other factions. Defensive play with long range cover engagements don't work well, you want to apply pressure yourself. Infantry sections do not trade well if they have to advance out of cover, so try to put on the aggression so that they have to come and fight you.

Infantry - Sturmpios fight very well against infantry sections early game as long as you can flank and get close. You might want two of them. Building three to four Volks after the Sturms is good as it allows you to cap well and shrek vehicles in the mid-late game (plus they're soon to be given molotovs which will be really helpful against Brits in buildings). Mines are deadly effective against expensive Brit infantry and vehicles so don't forget about them.

Vehicles - T2 start is better against Brit in my opinion because your vehicles are so useful. Stukas can help you out with emplacements, especially the mortar emplacement that can cause you real hurt if it's properly positioned. But you probably want to get a Puma first, its stats are slightly weaker than the Brit armoured car but it can win with its superior range, speed and shreck support. Just watch out for mines and at guns. If you kill the Brit armoured car you can gain a lot of map control, giving you time to save for your powerful late game vehicles.

Avoid - Kubels seem horrible against brits - they die very quickly to accurate infantry sections and the universal carrier. You also probably won't get much value out of an Mg34 either seeing as infantry sections like to sit in green cover. Brits also tend to blob a bit less than other factions, and have very effective artillery to take out static mgs. I've also found fallshirmjaegers to be pretty poor against tanky brit infantry seeing as they're so fragile.

My preferred doctrine right now is Scavenge doctrine. The extra salvage helps ramp up your vehicle production, the infiltration nades are insane against cover-based Brit infantry and the Ostwind is very helpful for destroying commandos. Plus the artillery is helpful against Brit Sim cities.

3 Sep 2015, 14:48 PM
Donator 11

I think 3 sturms is risky - it was great when they were giving you free manpower but training them means your capping is weaker and you probably can't get much extra early pressure out of the third, considering how well brits can bunker down in a building with a vickers.
3 Sep 2015, 23:33 PM

The Brits get ass raped by everyone. They are awful.
5 Sep 2015, 16:18 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I usually choose Special Operations Doctrine or Luftwaffe Ground Forces Doctrine and follow this build order:

4 Volks
Medic HQ Truck at HQ
Raketenwerfer
Infantry gun
Schreck up every Volks squad
Flak HQ
Luchs
Obersoldaten with StG upgrade or Falls
PIV or Command Panther

After you have secured your territory all your forces should be used to attack your foe. Make sure your Volks come as close as possible to Tommie squads and flank with your Sturmpioneers if the map allows it. Otherwise you have to wait for infantry gun to dislodge the Tommies in order to be able to start offensives.
Once you have your Luchs out be careful about the Sniper, AT guns or Bofors. Try to be as aggressive as possible since the British cannot fight on every front resulting into losses of map control for them.
5 Sep 2015, 21:44 PM

Should'nt I keep my volks at long range? the Tommies have a high ROF when in cover, and from closing the distance untill making to the enemy face i get my squad down to 50 HP a 2 models dead...
I played another game vs UKF let me know what u think
7 Sep 2015, 19:38 PM

Don't use Volks, get 2 at most. Shreks have little to no application against the high health/high armor late game UKF units and die to easily as the game progress's to Bren'd IS and Sappers. Getting an additional Sturm early in the game is always good, and get an early rackten to counter a Bren rush.

Medic HQ is always the best, Mech has no scaling or application versus UKF due to the Puma having issues with UKF's high armor tans, and the Stuka Zu Fuss does less DPS to emplacements thanks to the long cooldown. With the stealth buff the ISG is a real terror on the battlefield. Going Fuss is always advisable as they can drain UKF fairly well, and fuck up Commandos that attempt close. The 6 men also make them more durable to UKFs plentiful indirect.

Elite Armored has no application armor since the Sturmtiger got destroyed with the ninja-nerf bat, and Fort isn't good either because UKF can just dig you out with artillery if you try and play defensively. I recommend going Breakthrough, Scavenge, or Luftwaffe. These all allow you to get elite infantry out the door ASAP to counter British IS heavy shenaniguns and being able to popout behind enemy lines is very good for shutting down emplacements.
7 Sep 2015, 19:46 PM

With the stealth buff the ISG is a real terror on the battlefield

Elite Armored has no application armor since the Sturmtiger got destroyed with the ninja-nerf bat

What kind of buff did the ISG get? I have been looking for an answer but everyone just says "ISG's are good now" with no proof of stats.

What debuff did the sturmtiger get? I know its AOE is supposed to go down from 10 to 8 but that will be applied in the next patch.
7 Sep 2015, 20:03 PM

Don't use Volks, get 2 at most. Shreks have little to no application against the high health/high armor late game UKF units and die to easily as the game progress's to Bren'd IS and Sappers. Getting an additional Sturm early in the game is always good, and get an early rackten to counter a Bren rush.

Medic HQ is always the best, Mech has no scaling or application versus UKF due to the Puma having issues with UKF's high armor tans, and the Stuka Zu Fuss does less DPS to emplacements thanks to the long cooldown. With the stealth buff the ISG is a real terror on the battlefield. Going Fuss is always advisable as they can drain UKF fairly well, and fuck up Commandos that attempt close. The 6 men also make them more durable to UKFs plentiful indirect.

Elite Armored has no application armor since the Sturmtiger got destroyed with the ninja-nerf bat, and Fort isn't good either because UKF can just dig you out with artillery if you try and play defensively. I recommend going Breakthrough, Scavenge, or Luftwaffe. These all allow you to get elite infantry out the door ASAP to counter British IS heavy shenaniguns and being able to popout behind enemy lines is very good for shutting down emplacements.

Well i like going 2 stumrs + kubel then medic hq.
I like the ideia of going PanzerFuss, they scale very well into late game.
The thing is the british late game tanks, to penetrate them, i need a jagdp4 and a rakaten wall, i find the crocodile specially hard to deal with...
8 Sep 2015, 11:41 AM

What kind of buff did the ISG get? I have been looking for an answer but everyone just says "ISG's are good now" with no proof of stats.

The ISG is is much more accurate now and has larger damage in the outer part of it's AoE.

It's scatter is almost half that of a normal mortar and it still does 40 damage even on it's outer AoE.

scatter: {
| | | angle_scatter: 6f;
| | | burst_pattern_enable: false;
| | | delay_bracket_change_chance: 0f;
| | | distance_bracket_count_air: 0f;
| | | distance_bracket_count_ground: 1f;
| | | distance_scatter_max: 5f;
| | | distance_scatter_obj_hit_min: 0f;
| | | distance_scatter_offset: 0.3f;
| | | distance_scatter_ratio: 0.1f;
| | | fow_angle_multiplier: 1.25f;
| | | fow_distance_multiplier: 1.25f;
| | | max_tilt_angle: 0f;
| | | min_tilt_angle: 0f;
| | | tilt_max_distance: 0f;
| | | tilt_scatter_chance: 0f;

| | | can_harm_shooter: false;
| | | damage: {
| | | | far: 0.25f;
| | | | mid: 0.5f;
| | | | near: 1f;

| | | distance: {
| | | | far: 2.25f;
| | | | mid: 1.5f;
| | | | near: 0.75f;

8 Sep 2015, 11:50 AM

The ISG is is much more accurate now and has larger damage in the outer part of it's AoE.

It's scatter is almost half that of a normal mortar and it still does 40 damage even on it's outer AoE.

I see now, thanks for the reply!
8 Sep 2015, 11:53 AM

I usually choose Special Operations Doctrine or Luftwaffe Ground Forces Doctrine and follow this build order:

4 Volks
Medic HQ Truck at HQ
Raketenwerfer
Infantry gun
Flak HQ
Luchs
PIV or Command Panther

After you have secured your territory all your forces should be used to attack your foe. Make sure your Volks come as close as possible to Tommie squads and flank with your Sturmpioneers if the map allows it. Otherwise you have to wait for infantry gun to dislodge the Tommies in order to be able to start offensives.
Once you have your Luchs out be careful about the Sniper, AT guns or Bofors. Try to be as aggressive as possible since the British cannot fight on every front resulting into losses of map control for them.

+1

I've found facing a decent OKW opponent very difficult as the British, but then again I have little idea of what to do as the British.
8 Sep 2015, 12:09 PM
Patrion 15

4 Volks
Medic HQ Truck at HQ
Raketenwerfer
Infantry gun
Flak HQ
Luchs
PIV or Command Panther

--snip--

Got to back this up.

You need to press home the numbers advantage vs UKF, you can and have to out cap them. Pressure the fuel/cut off and force them to react to you. This build helps with that.

Be careful with the ISG, don't leave it un-supported otherwise it will be food for commandos.

Also, be mindful to get the luchs quickly. An early luchs can remove most of their infantry without much hassle but you have to be careful and avoid mines.

Going Sturm heavy would enhance your early game advantage in terms of KD, but it'd screw your map control and leave you really vulnerable to Wasp in the early/mid game and then to basically everything in the late game.
8 Sep 2015, 16:04 PM

SO does the Brit have any viable counter to ISG, cause IS bleed MP like a pig and without RE you don't have any worthy capping unit.
22 Sep 2015, 14:12 PM

USe kubel to suppress and flank with strumpioneers.
23 Sep 2015, 18:04 PM
Patrion 27

Avoid - Kubels seem horrible against brits - they die very quickly to accurate infantry sections and the universal carrier. You also probably won't get much value out of an Mg34 either seeing as infantry sections like to sit in green cover. Brits also tend to blob a bit less than other factions, and have very effective artillery to take out static mgs. I've also found fallshirmjaegers to be pretty poor against tanky brit infantry seeing as they're so fragile.

You're crazy, Fallschirmjägers are great vs UKF.
23 Sep 2015, 18:41 PM

Guid originally writen by Stafkeh:

Build Medic Truck, build LeiG. gg wp
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment