Login

russian armor

M5 Halftrack losing reinforce on upgrade

3 Sep 2015, 00:59 AM

Hey,

So Sept 3 is changing the M5, which we all predicted would happen, but no one knew how it would happen. So M5 is losing its ability to reinforce with the quad mount upgrade. What do you think?

Personally, as an SU player, I am a bit salty about it. M5 is the Soviet's only way to reinforce outside of base. Other factions have other means to reinforce, but Soviets have one. Sure, I can choose to not upgrade quad-mount, but it was nice having a stable platform which protects itself that I can depend on, instead of just a dumb truck that I have to drag around the map. I for one hope they undo the nerf, but if they don't, then it's understandable and I'll just have to adapt. Maybe they can reduce the population a HT takes up so I can have two running around the map.
3 Sep 2015, 01:18 AM
Benefactor 115

It was mainly due to the fact that the halftrack could fend infantry and light vehicles while reinforcing, yes other factions have a way of reinforcing on the front, but their ways do not protect the infantry as such, and the M5 was quiet powerful.
I like to change and as you said you'll have a adapt.
3 Sep 2015, 01:26 AM

both the ost and sov halftrack will lose the ability to reinforce once they are upgrade with the quad/flame.
3 Sep 2015, 01:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 00:59 AMHorasu
Hey,

So Sept 3 is changing the M5, which we all predicted would happen, but no one knew how it would happen. So M5 is losing its ability to reinforce with the quad mount upgrade. What do you think?

Personally, as an SU player, I am a bit salty about it. M5 is the Soviet's only way to reinforce outside of base. Other factions have other means to reinforce, but Soviets have one. Sure, I can choose to not upgrade quad-mount, but it was nice having a stable platform which protects itself that I can depend on, instead of just a dumb truck that I have to drag around the map. I for one hope they undo the nerf, but if they don't, then it's understandable and I'll just have to adapt. Maybe they can reduce the population a HT takes up so I can have two running around the map.

You mean overperforming piece of balance garbage.
3 Sep 2015, 01:32 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Great change. Maybe axes will be playable now without that obnoxious quad mount :snfPeter:
3 Sep 2015, 01:32 AM

Hey,

What do you think the ostheer halftrack is? a dumb truck that ostheer have to drag around too you know. It's also losing its ability to reinforce.
3 Sep 2015, 01:34 AM

Well, I will continue to never use the flamethrower upgrade for the HT, and I will now mostly cease to use the Quad.

The issue with the Quad was it's shock value, not its staying power/ability to reinforce. Quite frankly the infantry mobbing around the Quads weren't so much a problem as axis having units get suppressed and pinned by a highly mobile unit that's mostly immune to small arms.
3 Sep 2015, 01:35 AM
Donator 22

This is a great balance change. Forward reinforcement positions shouldn't be able to defend themselves, they become too powerful. The opportunity cost of upgrading forces players to make an important decision as to what's more valuable to them.
3 Sep 2015, 02:41 AM

but it was nice having a stable platform which protects itself that I can depend on, instead of just a dumb truck that I have to drag around the map.

USF Ambulance says hi.
3 Sep 2015, 03:30 AM
Patrion 27

I really like the change for the M5 and the 251. B-) M5 is especially cheap on fuel at only 30 and you can make two if you wanna go nuts.
3 Sep 2015, 14:52 PM

What do you think the ostheer halftrack is? a dumb truck that ostheer have to drag around too you know. It's also losing its ability to reinforce.

Reinforcement bunker.
3 Sep 2015, 21:56 PM

Reinforcement bunker.

which has like no health
3 Sep 2015, 22:16 PM

Put 2 conscript squads in the halftrack and you kinda have the DPS of the quad
3 Sep 2015, 22:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

And with the change to flame weapons the days are numbered for the off-brand KV-8 burning down your mans as they retreat.
nee
4 Sep 2015, 03:22 AM

I don't like it, nerfing the M5 would have sufficed. With the change you either got a truck that has a pecker to defend itself, or a truck that can only support with a kraut mower. The balance for both halftracks was that you cannot transport infantry once upgraded.

With the change, no one will even bother with infantry once you get T3, so people will just rush M5 steamroller. Why bother yourself with reinforcing depleted squads when M5 can do the job of infantry, HMGs and even scout car all in one?

IMO M5 should have been primarily anti-air but also self-defence capable of supporting nearby infantry. With the changes its becoming more like scout car on steroids. And unlike other factions, Soviets are the ONLY faction without forward retreat OR defensive structures outside of doctrinal emplacements, so it made real sense to have a halftrack that can reinforce men at the front while having necessary firepower to ward off attacks.
4 Sep 2015, 03:23 AM

i like how the ostheer flamehalftrack is getting a range buff after losing ability to reinforce after upgrade.
4 Sep 2015, 03:33 AM

The biggest issue is unit overlap. There's really only minor differences between the Quad and the T-70 now. They fulfill much of the same purpose.
4 Sep 2015, 03:48 AM

i like how the ostheer flamehalftrack is getting a range buff after losing ability to reinforce after upgrade.

The FHT lost the ability to reinforce in order to make it consistent with the Quad. It was already under-performing, so was given a boost in performance.
4 Sep 2015, 05:30 AM
Donator 11

I love this change and have wanted it since they buffed the quad. Having a unit be a death machine and forward point was just too much.

It was too much for ostheer too, but ill take dealing with flame kills over long range mobile suppression any day.
4 Sep 2015, 05:37 AM

i wish they nerfed the suppression instead
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight