Login

russian armor

Brits Release Ninjas

3 Sep 2015, 19:07 PM

He's not actually wrong, the AoE radius reduction along with the insane drop off of damage at far means that you can actually kill things (tanks and infantry) in a radius of 6. The AVRE will be able to 1 shot infantry in a radius of 6.75 after they reduce it's damage to 440, right now it will 1 shot (tanks and inf) in a radius of 6.75 and almost kill an infantry outside of that radius (to a max of 8).

So until they fix the drop off in AoE damage for the Sturmtiger, it's basically useless against anything that can move at a speed of 3 or higher (which is all infantry and tanks).

And whats wrong with it?
Avre kills infantry better(when you're dumb enough to get his by something so slow you see coming)
and st one shots mediums.
3 Sep 2015, 19:13 PM

So the ml20 is useless again, yaaay

Yaaay indeed!
3 Sep 2015, 19:17 PM

And whats wrong with it?
Avre kills infantry better(when you're dumb enough to get his by something so slow you see coming)
and st one shots mediums.

Except it doesn't because you are assuming a lot of things like for instance:

-That you can use shot blockers to make him not see you

-He's immobilized or not moving at all

-He's got no scouting units

Basically now you won't be able to bleed the enemy enough to justify the purchase of a Sturmtiger, as pissing 240 fuel down the drain (adjusting for the fuel penalty) without getting very very lucky multiple times in a row. The AVRE is better because it's cheaper and provides more consistent performance and does not require baby sitting.

Honestly the Sturmtiger should just be changed into a heavy rocket artillery piece, it's dumb that they keep trying to play around with it by adjusting it's close combat ability when in real life it had an effective range of 3+ miles.

That or move the damage to 560 (so no T34 or Sherman 1 shots) but make it inflict a shockwave on a massive area stunning tanks and infantry. That way it can actually reflect it's in real life performance goal as well as giving OKW a good break through tool to use against campy players (since camping as OKW is no longer possible).
3 Sep 2015, 20:42 PM

All these changes are really peculiar. Why is Relic stealth nerfing virtually a very large number of of explosive weapons?
because people were always complaining about explosive instant wiping squad? the formation change and weaker aoe make it easier to preserve squad.
3 Sep 2015, 20:53 PM

because people were always complaining about explosive instant wiping squad? the formation change and weaker aoe make it easier to preserve squad.

Yes and no. Most artillery now ignores green cover and some got a fairly big accuracy buff (like the ISG and Pack Howi) meaning that being in cover at all at any time can be a very large liability against people using indirect.
3 Sep 2015, 20:56 PM

Yes and no. Most artillery now ignores green cover and some got a fairly big accuracy buff (like the ISG and Pack Howi) meaning that being in cover at all at any time can be a very large liability against people using indirect.

Exactly this. It makes no sense, it seems to increase RNG by making you rely more heavily on Scatter to get the lucky hit. I don't like it.
4 Sep 2015, 00:17 AM

Has anyone confirmed that the USF mine actually hasn't been changed?

I planted some in one game, and the model of the mine looked different.

I may do a test game against the AI to see if infantry can trigger them and what kind of damage they do.

If they missed that, then that's a huge inadvertent nerf.
4 Sep 2015, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 10:36 AMCruzz
Now for the sad part, I really need to apologize this but the Plane Kamikaze was completely my mistake. I had set my file filters to remove the wrong file, what Relic ended up changing in the Brit trials (and subsequently in this patch, though there are some changes to the actual plane crashes too here) was the SINGLEPLAYER plane crash files, and I just failed to check this because I thought they wouldn't be messing around with any singleplayer files in general.

So in the trials patch they had no changes to multiplayer plane crashes. In this patch they do have in the form of the aoe modifications. IL-2 plane crash (used for all allied plane crashes) distance values are going from 3.75/5.625/7.5 to 1.5/3/4.5 meaning the damaging part of the aoe is a lot smaller. The same changes are in for the Axis stuka plane crash, except they also increase the mid damage modifier so Axis plane crashes hurt a lot more if they do crash nearby compared to allied planes. But still less than in previous live versions.

Based Cruzz. Kreygasm
Sorry for causing the hubbub, and thank you for clearing things up.
So this means they've nerfed the plane crashes even more?!? BASED RELIC
4 Sep 2015, 02:58 AM

What did I do? :help:
Dan = Dane = Imperial Dane?? MUAHAHAHAH
4 Sep 2015, 03:59 AM

Balance Preview Update 09/03/2015
4 Sep 2015, 06:24 AM

There is another ninja change that Cruzz didn't mention, a neat one actually. It was in the Alpha but was left out until now. Any abandoned or unoccupied vehicle with visible crews, that is crewed by a squad, will use that squad's model. So if the driver of the Kubelwagen bails and Conscripts hop in, the Kubelwagen will be driven and gunned by Conscripts for the rest of its (probably short) life.

You know what that means?

Time to recrew WC51 trucks with Commandos for the SAS feel. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight