Login

russian armor

Saying Hello - Lost Access to COH2

2 Sep 2015, 14:55 PM

Hi All - juse joined up on the forums here. Been playing COH since Vanilla and it's my favorite RTS game. Also having the following issue - can anyone help?

Pre-ordered British forces yesterday. Now when I launch COH2, it says I need to update, but no update is available. Additionally, I can no longer select the Wehrmacht or Soviet forces in multiplayer. When trying to, it takes me to a Steam website to purchase COH2, which I have already done. Purchased COH2 initially. Then purchased WFA. Purchased Ardennes Assault expansion and then pre-ordered British Forces. Tried to update game but unable to (assuming that is due to pre-ordering British Forces, but it's not available until tomorrow). Why did I lose Whermacht/Soviet armies and how do I get them back?
2 Sep 2015, 21:37 PM

Most likely you have missclicked the CoH2 Base Game in the DLC list in steam
3 Sep 2015, 12:18 PM

Most likely you have missclicked the CoH2 Base Game in the DLC list in steam

The base game isn't even listed in the DLC list. And now I have two listings for WFA. Here is what I see:

•"COH2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West" (Installed)

•"COH2 - The Western Front Armies: US Forces" (Installed)

•"Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault" (Installed)

•"Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault: Fox Company Rangers" (Installed)

•"Company of Heroes 2 - The British Forces" (Installed)

•"Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies" (Installed)

•"Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies" (Installed)
3 Sep 2015, 12:29 PM
Donator 11

Well, that's unfortunate. No idea what could cause that. Have you tried contacting steam support?

Hope you get to fix it soon. Also, would you be kind enough to post the solution when you sort this out, in case someone has the same problem? ;)
3 Sep 2015, 12:42 PM

Well, that's unfortunate. No idea what could cause that. Have you tried contacting steam support?

Hope you get to fix it soon. Also, would you be kind enough to post the solution when you sort this out, in case someone has the same problem? ;)

Yes I have contacted Steam support and so far they have been unable to help me. Was debating uninstalling everything and reinstalling but don't really want to do that in case I lose more content! lol Any other suggestions? If I can get it resolved I will post the solution.
3 Sep 2015, 13:00 PM

Try to contact Relic at the official Forum, maybe they can help you!
3 Sep 2015, 13:13 PM

Have you tried verifying your game cache?
3 Sep 2015, 13:15 PM

Try to contact Relic at the official Forum, maybe they can help you!

forums.relicnews.com? is the official forum?
3 Sep 2015, 13:15 PM

Have you tried verifying your game cache?

Yes verified twice. First time about 12 MB of files needed to be downloaded. Second time all was good. Didn't help solve the issue.
3 Sep 2015, 13:37 PM

Welcome!
3 Sep 2015, 13:38 PM

Contact Relic, they're more likely to know the cause of the problem than steam. If nothing does happen you could try to reinstall the game.
3 Sep 2015, 13:43 PM

Contact Relic, they're more likely to know the cause of the problem than steam. If nothing does happen you could try to reinstall the game.

I somehow got ahold of Sega thru Steam and am awaiting some response from them. Is there another (better) way to contact Relic directly? This is so frustrating...but appreciate all the help from everyone so far. Very responsive forum here.
3 Sep 2015, 13:53 PM

I somehow got ahold of Sega thru Steam and am awaiting some response from them. Is there another (better) way to contact Relic directly? This is so frustrating...but appreciate all the help from everyone so far. Very responsive forum here.

You could try their official forum someone there might know what's up:
http://community.companyofheroes.com/?_ga=1.232191519.1238261360.1439018655
3 Sep 2015, 17:14 PM

You could try their official forum someone there might know what's up:
http://community.companyofheroes.com/?_ga=1.232191519.1238261360.1439018655

Posted something to the forums but no help yet. If anyone else has any suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
3 Sep 2015, 17:20 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You could try contacting the Community Manager via the COH2 Facebook page. The fb link is at the foot of the page on the Official forums
Only Relic postRelic 4 Sep 2015, 23:08 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Are you still having problems?

When viewing your steam library, with CoH2 selected, you will notice there is a little DLC section. Scroll through the DLC section and see if any of the not Installed items have a checkmark next to them, if they do then uncheck them

5 Sep 2015, 22:50 PM

Are you still having problems?

When viewing your steam library, with CoH2 selected, you will notice there is a little DLC section. Scroll through the DLC section and see if any of the not Installed items have a checkmark next to them, if they do then uncheck them

There seem to be some serious problems since the UKF Patch, with ppl not being able to use certain DLCs. Just look up the technical subforum in the steam forums for CoH2 and you will see what I mean.

I personally may have a related problem, maybe you could take a look into it: http://www.coh2.org/topic/39500/problems-with-map-availability-after-ukf-release
8 Sep 2015, 18:38 PM

Hi Everyone. Wanted to provide an update. Problem not resolved.

After spending 3-4 days going back and forth with Sega support, they have concluded that I don't own COH2 -base game. But I do. I purchased it and am now trying to get Steam to verify the purchase, but there is no history (says Steam) of me purchasing COH2 - base game.

I am beyond frustrated with this "issue". I pre-ordered COH vanilla and waited in line at Best Buy to get it. I purchased all expansions for COH vanilla. Then I was a beta tester for COHO. I did not purchase COH2 when it first came out. I purchased WFA first, and then bought a commander, and then bought COH2 base. Then I purchased Ardennes Assault and also purchased Fox Company. So all in all, I have probably given Relic close to $200 and now have to deal with this garbage. I have replays saved from just two weeks ago playing as Wehrmacht. 3 different saves replays as Wehrmacht. How can I possible have those if, as according to Sega and Steam, I never owned COH2 base??

To answer the specific questions since I last posted, all of my DLC is correctly checked and installed. I still have duplicate listings for WFA and in my opinion, somehow COH2 base was converted to a secondary listing for WFA (if that makes any sense). This past weekend I uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything. No fix.

And yes, there are multiple others complaining of similar issues on the Steam forums. Very disappointed in you, Relic. I have been a dedicated supporter since 2007 and it literally took Sega 5 days to stop answering my support ticket. I have sent screen shots and multiple evidence that I in fact owned the base game. Disappointed.
19 Sep 2015, 01:02 AM

Bump to see if anyone can help. Just for shits and giggles I tried to re-purchase COH2 and it clearly warns me tht I already own it and that if purchasing for myself I will not receive another copy. Posted screenshots to Sega again as well and no answer...come on Relic/Sega fix this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★