Login

russian armor

Stuttering and frame-drops

2 Sep 2015, 13:11 PM

Hey! Hope someone out there can help me to once again be able to enjoy this fine game!

Just some day ago my coh2 suddenly started acting up. It begun to stutter randomly, making sound clips repeat them self or stutter, some heavy freezing here and there followed by some heavy frame-drops. Also loading in an out of the matches made the sound in the game freeze and go on repeat as the loading times got even worse. Not really sure what the cause of it was. Also yesterday my CoH2 reverted most of my graphics options back to minimum when I have always played on High without problems.
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and met no problem in Coh2, I got a blue-screen some day after upgrading but that has stopped. The only things that recently happens was a Windows 10 upgrade, the release of a GeForce patch ( which I installed to try to get rid of the CoH2 problems ) and the installation of the British forces test. Not sure which one might be behind it.

Anyone out there finding this familiar or have the knowledge to maybe help me fix it?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

My setup is as follows...
Operative-system: Windows 10 64-bit.
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Quad-core.
RAM: 16 GB.
Graphics-card: GeForce GTX 770.

SOLVED: Reverting to old drivers fixed it! :D
2 Sep 2015, 15:41 PM
2 Sep 2015, 15:52 PM

Hey! Hope someone out there can help me to once again be able to enjoy this fine game!

Just some day ago my coh2 suddenly started acting up. It begun to stutter randomly, making sound clips repeat them self or stutter, some heavy freezing here and there followed by some heavy frame-drops. Also loading in an out of the matches made the sound in the game freeze and go on repeat as the loading times got even worse. Not really sure what the cause of it was. Also yesterday my CoH2 reverted most of my graphics options back to minimum when I have always played on High without problems.
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and met no problem in Coh2, I got a blue-screen some day after upgrading but that has stopped. The only things that recently happens was a Windows 10 upgrade, the release of a GeForce patch ( which I installed to try to get rid of the CoH2 problems ) and the installation of the British forces test. Not sure which one might be behind it.

Anyone out there finding this familiar or have the knowledge to maybe help me fix it?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

My setup is as follows...
Operative-system: Windows 10 64-bit.
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Quad-core.
RAM: 16 GB.
Graphics-card: GeForce GTX 770.

Once owned a system quite like yours. Disabling the replays and reverting to a more stable Nvidia WHQL driver solved it for me.

Hope it helps!
2 Sep 2015, 16:37 PM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/36017/coh-2-loading-issue

Would this assist?

I can get into the menu, it's the performance while playing matches and as the game loads a match or exits a match it freezes and takes forever :(
2 Sep 2015, 19:16 PM

Once owned a system quite like yours. Disabling the replays and reverting to a more stable Nvidia WHQL driver solved it for me.

Hope it helps!

I did as you said and it seamed to have helped! Turning of replays made marginal difference but when I reverted to the last Nivida drivers it all sorted out. Got damn unstable drivers!
2 Sep 2015, 21:03 PM

I did as you said and it seamed to have helped! Turning of replays made marginal difference but when I reverted to the last Nivida drivers it all sorted out. Got damn unstable drivers!

Yeah I know haha. I have a GTX 970 now and the only really stable driver for this card is the 350.12 WHQL. Another tip, always check the Nvidia forums after the release of another WHQL driver. People will always tell what is or isn't fixed and what kind of new bugs and or problems have arisen, it is Nvidia after all :foreveralone:
4 Sep 2015, 09:09 AM

Yeah I know haha. I have a GTX 970 now and the only really stable driver for this card is the 350.12 WHQL. Another tip, always check the Nvidia forums after the release of another WHQL driver. People will always tell what is or isn't fixed and what kind of new bugs and or problems have arisen, it is Nvidia after all :foreveralone:

I feel your pain :foreveralone: Good tip! Will start to do that in the future!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 34
Peru 15
unknown 5
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %