Login

russian armor

It must be OP

2 Sep 2015, 05:53 AM
Benefactor 392

How many of you had asked yourself this over and over again as you had lost a game in a horrible manner?
How many of you had told yourself it must be the opposing faction that you had fought against in using something "cheesy"?

I want to write to this out of a recap on the basics. Countless of times have I seen that half these steps have been ignored over and over again. It hurts me to see these players get angry with the game and leave on a sour note. Only because they had ignored a few simple things.

Using cover

Okay so this is a simple and easy, we simply move to green or yellow cover in engagements, a lot of us already know this and it's nearly second nature for us to use cover, however I do see some people around there and around here forget about this simple concept. Cover helps a lot in engagements it helps turn those small squad o'dudes fight against another squad of o'dudes in a positive outcome.

Also don't forget cover is directional! Please have the cover facing your opponent, it helps stop bullets small, big and large!

cover is explodable! we have fun watching things explode! some cover such as wooden fences are destructable. keep an eye on your wooden wagons. fences and other wooden stuff that we may see as eye candy, this stuff is important to hide behind but only for a short while. a lot of shooting with your average rifle or even a few bursts in them machine guns can destroy the simple cover with ease.

A need for green! look for your stone structures, but careful about explosives, they may be able to stop a bullet with ease but a nade or two can destroy most cover. We however love the green stuff, it can turn those seemingly impossibly engagments into a drawn out gunfight either putting you in favour or buying the time you need.
As for the metal equipment this is the real stuff. tank traps, random tractors. these are the best to hide behind. just be careful about clumping. they don't die easy and they stick around for a while. only the heavy stuff can take it out.

white, now you may notice that there are the random white markers on your troop positions, that is where they tend to stick out a bit, most maps have open areas where stuff is white, keep an eye on your troops around these areas, stay away from engagements while in white.

red. red is bad, red is get the garden out of that area, your troops not stand a chance and drop faster then flies in a freezer.

Fighting the fight

Fighting an enemy is easy you go in you shoot things just stay in cover right?

It is easy to recognize that you simply can not fight that engagement, and you got to get out. But that don't mean you run from every engagement. Long range units, medium range units, and short range units.
Knowing what your units are good for in these three groups are what keeps you from losing dudes fast.

any unit that has rifles are obviously great at long range combat/mid LMGs are wonderful long ranged weapons.
SMGs such as the MP5, PPSH are really great short range weapons,
BARs or STGs are really amazing midrange/short

Unit preservation is what gets you somewhere, and it gets your troops somewhere too. Not only do you get more manpower for saving your dudes, but also your dudes get stronger! If you fight an area where you are not going to gain anything out of don't fight it at all, it's best to retreat. doing this helps you keep the manpower for more stuff or a pool for when manpower is needed. It also prevents the enemy from gaining Command points as well as his squads or units vet.

Ask yourself "how much health does that squad have? how much health does mine have? how many dudes are in his squad? how many are in mine?"

the more you play the more you will recognize what you can get away with and what you can't.

Capture the flag

Capture those points, and you better capture them, you fought hard to have that ground so take it. it's yours and don't run away from a shadow.
look there is a free ungaurded territory, go cap it!

Time and time again players forget to take the extra few seconds to sit down for a minute while raising the flag. the extra time helps you think on what to do next, even if it is a brief second. it helps.

de-cap the enemy territory, be annoying with it, don't stay to cap it if you don't have the time, just de-cap it. its both obnoxious and at the same time it buys you time, to cap the other point you intend to take.
and always look for places that aren't being touched and go with a random (sometimes cheap) unit to go de-cap or capture it. you'll find that it not only helps relieve pressure off the main line but also prevents the enemy from getting a resource advantage.

Keep it cool

Probably the most important part of the game is this part in the meta game.

Keep yourself cool, don't freak out because there is a tank, don't freak out because you lost a unit.
you getting anxious, filled with adrenaline doesn't help your units.

All this does is bring the tunnel vision, and what i mean by this is that you start focusing on one point and forget about everything around you. you tend to be an easy target of flanking and being outcapped.

FUN!!

probably the most important part of this is have fun!
if you feel like you are getting frustrated, take a break.
I know it sounds cheesy in me saying this but this game is actually fun when you want to have fun with it.

also people like a positive person.
2 Sep 2015, 06:03 AM

It's nice to see something like this, seeing how toxic the forums have gotten. Everyone seems to be at odds with each other :/

Thanks for the write up.
2 Sep 2015, 06:50 AM

2 Sep 2015, 15:19 PM
Benefactor 392

Mp5 :foreveralone:

the little things :thumb:
2 Sep 2015, 16:30 PM

If only it was this simple. :foreveralone:
2 Sep 2015, 19:11 PM
Benefactor 392

If only it was this simple. :foreveralone:

I wanted to go into more detail on stuff, however I don't know if I have the ambition to do so.
3 Sep 2015, 03:45 AM

1 out of every 10 matches I play is actually fun. The rest is like work with no pay.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★