Login

russian armor

1600 health tanks.

2 Sep 2015, 02:19 AM

Permanently Banned
Are they balanced? Depending on their cost and armor. Do you think this is a good idea? Why do you think this is good? Why do you think this is not good?

Personally Imo, no tank should have more than 1280 base health at vet 0. Because even that is a lot, especially for sub 200 fuel tanks? Come now its ridiculous. Discuss.
2 Sep 2015, 02:34 AM

Permanently Banned
Too early
2 Sep 2015, 02:52 AM

I feel like it's pretty balanced in the fact that you know exactly how to handle it every time since most if not all of your shots will penetrate. 1v1 against a churchill might be tough, but having 2-3 sources of even light AT will bring it down FAST. It's not OP; it just requires a different mindset to engage.

Also, Axis should breathe a sigh of relief in the fact that they don't have to face RNG. Having every shot bounce off a tank that should have been yours is one of the most rage-inducing aspects of this game.
2 Sep 2015, 02:54 AM

The basic Chruchill I think is fine at 1600, it's gun is a pea shooter.

The Croc and AVRE though... yikes.

I think the strongest Brit unit is the Comet though. It's combination of speed, firepower, armor and hp is nuts. And 50 range (confirmed by Relic).

It's a Panther on steroids that can actually fight off infantry.
2 Sep 2015, 03:02 AM

Permanently Banned
Still I think you'd have to be retarded to lose a tank with 1600 hp. Sure it may not be the most powerful. But it should be easy to keep alive as there is nothing that can do enough damage to it before it rolls away into an infantry screen or even with engine damage.
2 Sep 2015, 03:12 AM

Still I think you'd have to be retarded to lose a tank with 1600 hp. Sure it may not be the most powerful. But it should be easy to keep alive as there is nothing that can do enough damage to it before it rolls away into an infantry screen or even with engine damage.

It's pretty easy to secure an early advantage against the brits that snowballs from there. By the time a Churchill hits the scene you can have several T3 vehicles even with "reasonably close" fuel incomes.

Stug TWP is currently the best way to punish them committing the churchill to an attack.

If they've got an array of like, Churchill backed up by another player's comets or something then yeah, that's fucking potent.

IMO give the Churchill 1280 HP but higher armor. I want it to be the hard counter to shrek blobs but without just taking 30 supertank hits from enemy armor.
2 Sep 2015, 03:17 AM

Permanently Banned
If you let the game drag on that long; You kinda get what you deserved

Its the same thing with usf against a KT
2 Sep 2015, 03:23 AM

There are a lot of ways to deal with a 1600 HP tank. I think people need time to learn how to deal with it. More sources of damage, a snare like TWP and fausts, and just using your speed to keep up with it while it's retreating are some.

Unlike Panthers, Tigers, or KTs, who can get lucky and perpetually be in battle and deflect shots, Churchills have a time limit the moment they enter the field. 1600 sounds like a lot, but keeping it in your sights even a couple of seconds longer than it would like to be in battle for, and your AT will get a whole nother volley off. 2 shots from any tank or AT gun would be 320 damage already, which is almost 25% of that 1600. What is the other option? More armor, so those shots bounce?
2 Sep 2015, 03:40 AM

Something you guys may be overlooking is that, because the HP is so high, it takes a long time to repair these tanks. A bad engagement will mean the tank will be out of action for a long time, even if you didn't destroy it.
2 Sep 2015, 03:47 AM

Permanently Banned
Something you guys may be overlooking is that, because the HP is so high, it takes a long time to repair these tanks. A bad engagement will mean the tank will be out of action for a long time, even if you didn't destroy it.
Better than being destroyed. You retain vet and potentially dont have to rebuy another tank. Probably the best tank to have sit in front of a firefly. which is already terrifying.
2 Sep 2015, 04:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 02:54 AMCieZ

I think the strongest Brit unit is the Comet though. It's combination of speed, firepower, armor and hp is nuts. And 50 range (confirmed by Relic).

the basic churchill is good enough to do signinfacnt damage for its cost it hsould have is2 health and armor minus the is2 firepower not more hp than the a lot more expensive heavies i think the basic churchill should have 1050 health and avre and churchill 800
2 Sep 2015, 04:03 AM

one thing to remember about the brit is that they lack non doctrine artillery. The closest thing they get is the mortar pit and the tommy artillery. Pak basically have free reign against the brit.
2 Sep 2015, 04:06 AM

Considering Engineers have a repair rate equal to that of Sturms (per model that is) I wouldn't exactly say that Brits lack in repair options.
2 Sep 2015, 04:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 02:54 AMCieZ

It is NOT a pea shooter, I kill Panther with it, and it blast infantry like other tanks.
2 Sep 2015, 04:18 AM

While the Churchill does have a high health pool, the Anvil tech option (which includes the Churchill) also has the heavy engineers upgrade who have much better repair, so a brit player who goes for a churchill is not as disadvantaged by repair times.
2 Sep 2015, 04:18 AM

75 mm not pea shooter their can fight Jagerpz4 easy and Fallback with smoke like f*at
2 Sep 2015, 05:35 AM

one thing to remember about the brit is that they lack non doctrine artillery.

I'm sorry but what? They literally have 2 howitzers in their base by default.
2 Sep 2015, 06:17 AM

I'm sorry but what? They literally have 2 howitzers in their base by default.

which require you to spent your tommies into touching distance, and spend 45 munition to throw the targeting smoke.

Even then the two 25 pdr takes ages to aim and fire, allowing any mobile unit to simply move out of the way. It's more of an area denial then anything else. Useful to "push" enemy out of the area until you can muster your forces.
2 Sep 2015, 06:20 AM

Permanently Banned

which require you to spend your tommies into touching distance, and spend 45 munition to throw the targeting smoke.

Even then the two 25 pdr takes ages to aim and fire, allowing any mobile unit to simply move out of the way. It's more of an area denial then anything else. Useful to "push" enemy out of the area until you can muster your forces.

You can be honestly complaining about free arty?

45 muni is nothing dude
2 Sep 2015, 06:42 AM

which require you to spent your tommies into touching distance, and spend 45 munition to throw the targeting smoke.

You said no artillery, I corrected you.

You can be honestly complaining about free arty?

45 muni is nothing dude

You can't say free and priced at the same time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★