What do you think?
Option Distribution Votes
69%
8%
22%
Total votes: 36
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 Sep 2015, 20:06 PM

Do pioneers worth 200mp after they got many nerf? losing them over afflicts despite pios do almost as same as combat engs.
1 Sep 2015, 20:11 PM

Not sure what you're talking about.

They are good for their price and are only engineer squad in game that have 42 sight range.

Nothing wrong with them, you expect combat troops, get AGs.
1 Sep 2015, 20:18 PM

Not sure what you're talking about.

They are good for their price and are only engineer squad in game that have 42 sight range.

Nothing wrong with them, you expect combat troops, get AGs.

whats AGs? pios have sight range and engineers have demo charge so i think they perform same. I dont understand why pios should be 200mp when engineers are 170(if not wrong)
1 Sep 2015, 20:19 PM

you expect combat troops, get AGs.

:sibWaddle:
1 Sep 2015, 20:20 PM

whats AGs? pios have sight range and engineers have demo charge so i think they perform same. I dont understand why pios should be 200mp when engineers are 170(if not wrong)

Daily reminder pios can take on full hp conscript squad and win
1 Sep 2015, 20:21 PM

Their utility is not the issue here, so it seems. The ability to plant demo charges is another matter and have been discussed.

But think they are fine. They do "enough" damage at point blank (more than enough at point blank), and they have great LoS.
1 Sep 2015, 20:29 PM

I'd just be happy if the Hazard Removal Package gave you the new "Destroy Cover" ability.
1 Sep 2015, 20:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Bonus sight on a still-pretty cheap squad that doesn't get horrifically wrecked by AT like scout vehicles generally do? Repair and build, flamethrower or sweeper? Don't mind if I do.

They seem fine to me.
1 Sep 2015, 20:51 PM

Daily reminder pios can take on full hp conscript squad and win

lol no...
1 Sep 2015, 20:58 PM

lol no...

I've done it before and had it happen to me. If you turn a corner and a stationary Pio Squad opens up on the 'scripts right away they can win. Depends on how quickly the Russian player micros the Con squad into a more favorable position... it doesn't happen often but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

But yeah, Pios are fine.
2 Sep 2015, 00:11 AM
Patrion 27

lol no...

It is definitely possible under the right conditions. I have had multiple vet two or three Pioneers without flamer upgrades in some team games.

I would like to see Pioneers and Combat engineers perform slightly better in combat if not at vet 0 then at vet two or three. CE's used to be ok in green cover vs. a Gren or Volks in the early game but got nerfed and Pios have MP40's which I think should be buffed a little bit for any unit using them.

Then again, I think this is just a symptom of veterancy for every faction besides OKW and UKF being pretty poopy to begin with.
2 Sep 2015, 12:20 PM

I've done it before and had it happen to me. If you turn a corner and a stationary Pio Squad opens up on the 'scripts right away they can win. Depends on how quickly the Russian player micros the Con squad into a more favorable position... it doesn't happen often but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

But yeah, Pios are fine.

lol wow... today i learned...

It is definitely possible under the right conditions. I have had multiple vet two or three Pioneers without flamer upgrades in some team games.

I would like to see Pioneers and Combat engineers perform slightly better in combat if not at vet 0 then at vet two or three. CE's used to be ok in green cover vs. a Gren or Volks in the early game but got nerfed and Pios have MP40's which I think should be buffed a little bit for any unit using them.

Then again, I think this is just a symptom of veterancy for every faction besides OKW and UKF being pretty poopy to begin with.

Never really ever seen that, it may be because when pios get higher vet or something, including perfect RNG.

And yea, IMO the starting ENGI and PIOs should be way better while costing a bit more, but you know... relic.

2 Sep 2015, 12:55 PM
Patrion 14

There was a time when Pios were buffed "accidentally". Back in the day you could actually use them to do some damage. Nowadays they "only" worth for spotting, capping and burning stuff down with the the flamerupgrade (besides repairing and minesweeping).

As much as I would like to see a buff and a cost increase to 220 or 240, they would become too similar to the Sturmpios and AssGrens.

So if you like to have assault troops, pick AssGrens or play OKW.

Edit: There are also this T2 guys with the Stg44s. Can't remember the name they are so underused, kappa.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★