Login

russian armor

To Balance the Brits!

PAGES (8)down
2 Sep 2015, 01:17 AM

Alex, So the solution to everyone being annoyed at being unable to chase down the Churchill due to it HP isn't to make its health equal to the Sturm which is already hard enough to chase down; but to use this opportunity to buff it?

Bah, you fell for it.
2 Sep 2015, 01:19 AM

How does the Vickers LMG that the heavy engis get compare to the Bren LMG that you pickup from HQ?
2 Sep 2015, 01:22 AM

I don't think I'd like to call UKF OP, but AVRE can definitely be tuned down.
Well you like to call a faction OP?!! I think Soviet's are still stronger than UKF and deserved to be called OP more than UKF
2 Sep 2015, 01:25 AM

The problem with calling them OP is that they're just wildly inconsistent. They're not OP overall, but they are overall very poorly balanced, with a mish mash combination of OP and UP stuff. Against OH they are very UP if they go snipers.
2 Sep 2015, 01:26 AM

UKF OP>

Build sturms/sniper

Go fast medium armor; you win.

Factions lategame could be toned down a little, but their early game is so terrible it makes them borderline unplayable 1 vs 1/ 2 vs2.
2 Sep 2015, 01:33 AM

The problem with calling them OP is that they're just wildly inconsistent. They're not OP overall, but they are overall very poorly balanced, with a mish mash combination of OP and UP stuff. Against OH they are very UP if they go snipers.
This. The British have pretty much nothing that's well balanced- either it's insanely OP, or it's mediocre weaksauce that drains manpower to an absurd extent.
2 Sep 2015, 02:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:03 PMCorsin

- Wasp flamethrower crit kills far too fast and too often atm but i assume this will be fixed on the 3rd with the flamer mechanics being tweaked again.

move your troops if you are getting hit by the wasp. Half of its dps comes from the dot on the ground. Similar case with the croc.
2 Sep 2015, 02:09 AM

Comet could use something... I don't know what, but for the most expensive British tank fuel wise (25 fuel upgrade to unlock on top of 185 fuel cost). It performs like a mediocre panther. Yes it has slightly better AI(although killing one model at a time is pretty pathetic AI), but it comes out post OKW Panther and just loses to it. Throw in supporting Shrek Volks that can fire at it then run from your supporting Tommies when they get low on HP and the tank just underperforms for its cost IMO.
2 Sep 2015, 02:33 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:55 PMCorsin

After the first hit from the Stiger you should be looking out for it. If you get hit again its kinda on you. Same applies to the AVRE except when you take into account things like OKW trucks, where no other faction except these would be punished so hard by a unit like this.

Building a truck near the front lines isn't a right to uncontested territory. Putting your trucks aggressively forward comes with risks.
2 Sep 2015, 03:02 AM

Both AVRE and Sturm needs a nerf, but IF the Sturmtiger does not get a nerf, then I propose to raise the fuel cost for AVRE. It does perform similarly to Sturmtiger, and a 150 fuel price is pretty cheap compared to Sturms 200+. Keep its performance, because UKF's thing is good tanks. Can't just undo a good tank just because it's doing its job.
2 Sep 2015, 05:42 AM

Building a truck near the front lines isn't a right to uncontested territory. Putting your trucks aggressively forward comes with risks.

The AVRE is durable enough that it can risk truckin' it's way halfway into the enemy lines to fire at a truck. Not that it will, it'll just blow up whatever the Axis send to counter it instead :sibHyena:
2 Sep 2015, 08:02 AM

The Churchill is literally twice as fast as the Sturmtiger is

Sturmtiger:

-Max speed: 4.7

AVRE:

-Max Speed: 3.9

I.... don't .... even....

Do you have advanced dissociative identity disorder Alex?

If you actually read my changes you would see I mention reducing it's damage to 560 meaning it would no longer be able to 1 shot medium tanks like the T34 or Sherman.

Your changes still mean 100% ST shots can wipe infantry and team weapons, because its impossible to react to what you can't see and AVRE can be avoided by not falling asleep against brits.

Anyone believing truly that AVRE needs nerfs with its 35 range while ST is fine with 45 and shooting out of LOS is completely beyond salvation.
2 Sep 2015, 08:56 AM
Donator 11

"Anyone believing truly that AVRE needs nerfs with its 35 range while ST is fine with 45 and shooting out of LOS is completely beyond salvation."

This
2 Sep 2015, 09:26 AM

UKF faction will be a completely different one on release day. What's the point to have this discussion now? Arguing for the sake of arguing?
This build is an old alpha press build. Seriously stuff won't be even relevant in around 30 hours.
2 Sep 2015, 14:32 PM
Donator 11

The AVRE is durable enough that it can risk truckin' it's way halfway into the enemy lines to fire at a truck. Not that it will, it'll just blow up whatever the Axis send to counter it instead :sibHyena:

If an AVRE can just YOLO up to your forward positions and kill everything that is a 100% L2P issue. It ins't USF, where you don't have to worry about mines.
2 Sep 2015, 14:33 PM
Donator 11

Your changes still mean 100% ST shots can wipe infantry and team weapons, because its impossible to react to what you can't see and AVRE can be avoided by not falling asleep against brits.

Anyone believing truly that AVRE needs nerfs with its 35 range while ST is fine with 45 and shooting out of LOS is completely beyond salvation.

BUT BUT! MUH ROTATIN TURRETS
2 Sep 2015, 14:34 PM

Can we make this thread a sticky? Easily the best thread of 2015.
2 Sep 2015, 15:18 PM

aside from its damage and hp, AVRE would be a lot more balanced if the petard mortar doesn't ignore shot blocker. 35 is short enough range to give the germans a chance to gtfo. Maybe a nerf to 30 range.

similar nerf should be applied to the sturmtiger.
2 Sep 2015, 15:41 PM

THis is fucking hilarious
nee
2 Sep 2015, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:15 PMBurts
Less than 24 hours out and balance threads already talking about how stuff needs buffs or nerfs :snfPeter:

thats because we're no longer in alpha stage

we're in beta stage!
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L