Login

russian armor

To Balance the Brits!

PAGES (8)down
1 Sep 2015, 15:03 PM

Ok so after playing a bunch of games last night as brits and as axis the follow change requirements seem abit obvious to me.

- HMG team i think needs to be a tad cheaper. Brits seem to lack field presence a little too much early game (260 should be fine).

- Commando Dps... Sten guns currently fire the equiv 2000 rounds per min. (Ask Cruzz :P) This makes them way too effective in close quaters instantly murdering anything within 10m.

- AVRE - Able to 1 shot panthers, basically a Sturmtiger with a smaller explosion but with alot faster rate of fire, no vulnerability during reload and a turret.
Before Burts flys in with his "They cant 1 shot panthers" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz8bT_97dOQ he can watch that and SHHH.

- Tulip rockets... I think theyre an awesome idea but maybe need turning down a little. The abiliy to basically kill a P4 in 1 round of fire from main-gun and rockets doesnt leave the P4 much chance to get away.

- Brace defenses. I think the damage reduction on this ability is maybe a tad too good.

- Commando commander air-raid. This ability can currently 1 shot OKW trucks and often does. needs toning down.

- Wasp flamethrower crit kills far too fast and too often atm but i assume this will be fixed on the 3rd with the flamer mechanics being tweaked again.
1 Sep 2015, 15:09 PM

AVRE does 640 dmg.
Panther have 800 hp.
Math is hard if you have no clue what you're saying.
1 Sep 2015, 15:09 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Commando DPS definitely, AVRE, Tulip, Brace structure (I don't like the idea in the first place) I agree with. They just seem to be over the top. I can't really judge the rest, need more time to test.
1 Sep 2015, 15:10 PM
Donator 11

AVRE does 640 dmg.
Panther have 800 hp.

Also its a vet 3 AVRE

Brits bleed mp more than USF late game.
decreasing ROF for wehr sniper would be a could change as well as a 20mp reduction to the mortar pit. Overall their tech as well as the cost of their units makes getting any sort of upgrade or emplacement a huge liability that half the time will never pay off.

The AT gun accuracy is also pretty odd where half of the shots miss the target (this includes p4's panthers, ht, ect). Reducing the price of the gun or fixing the accuracy would fix this issue.

The base arty could also use and accuracy buff, in order to reduce cheese and "Brits OP" I understand the bad accuracy but for soaking close to around 90muni as well as risking as squad only to have huge delay as well as piss poor accuracy makes this just not worth it. Its almost as bad as major arty.

While Brits have a strong late game you can hardly get to it do to the MP drain coupled with bugs and awkward unit performance.

*Also the bugs in this build make it hard to judge unit and game performance*
1 Sep 2015, 15:11 PM

AVRE does 640 dmg.
Panther have 800 hp.

Possibly the values on the unit are wrong?

That panther in that link i posted was around 90%...

Either that panther had less than 800 total HP or that AVRE did more than 640. Wouldnt be the first time relic fudged up some numbers (take the Ost puma's Vet 3 MG for example).

What they say the values are on paper, and what the units are actually running with, isnt always the same.
1 Sep 2015, 15:11 PM

oh, this is happening already is it..
1 Sep 2015, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:03 PMCorsin
Ok so after playing a bunch of games last night as brits and as axis the follow change requirements seem abit obvious to me.

- Commando Dps... Sten guns currently fire the equiv 2000 rounds per min. (Ask Cruzz :P) This makes them way too effective in close quaters instantly murdering anything within 10m.

- AVRE - Able to 1 shot panthers, basically a Sturmtiger with a smaller explosion but with alot faster rate of fire, no vulnerability during reload and a turret.
Before Burts flys in with his "They cant 1 shot panthers" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz8bT_97dOQ he can watch that and SHHH.

- Tulip rockets... I think theyre an awesome idea but maybe need turning down a little. The abiliy to basically kill a P4 in 1 round of fire from main-gun and rockets doesnt leave the P4 much chance to get away.

- Brace defenses. I think the damage reduction on this ability is maybe a tad too good.

- Commando commander air-raid. This ability can currently 1 shot OKW trucks and often does. needs toning down.

- Wasp flamethrower crit kills far too fast and too often atm but i assume this will be fixed on the 3rd with the flamer mechanics being tweaked again.

Yea let's nerf the weakest faction of the game!
1 Sep 2015, 15:14 PM

Yea let's nerf the weakest faction of the game!

LOL please explain.
1 Sep 2015, 15:15 PM

Less than 24 hours out and balance threads already talking about how stuff needs buffs or nerfs :snfPeter:

1 Sep 2015, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:15 PMBurts
Less than 24 hours out and balance threads already talking about how stuff needs buffs or nerfs :snfPeter:

Yeah, i lost like 1000 ladder positions in the dark ages of the 152. Id rather get ahead of the curb this time.
1 Sep 2015, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:14 PMCorsin

LOL please explain.

play again double ost sniper or stumpio heavy okw.
Most of what you mention won't be even capable of making it to the field
1 Sep 2015, 15:19 PM

Talking about balance is pointless. This isn't the same patch we will be getting on the 3rd.
1 Sep 2015, 15:21 PM

Talking about balance is pointless. This isn't the same patch we will be getting on the 3rd.

Yeah but i dont see any plans to change/fix any of the things i mentioned. Except maybe the flamethrower Bren.
1 Sep 2015, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:21 PMCorsin

Yeah but i dont see any plans to change/fix any of the things i mentioned. Except maybe the flamethrower Bren.

Maybe because relic does not balance on the whims of a single player and waits and gathers data before they determine if a unit is OP/UP? Seriously, the brits have been out for less than 24 hours. And here you are instead of trying to figure out a proper counter for a unit instantly scream OP with at best ~10 games played with the brits.

1 Sep 2015, 15:24 PM

Agreeing with Omega on this. The Trial is so buggy and full of "features" a teammate had a time paradox (well, probs a DeSync where he was playing his own game).

It is clear Brits get drained much to hard on MP if your opponent is remotely competent with LMG Grens/Snipers. OKW have a bit more trouble earlier on (ignoring the RefundPioneers).
1 Sep 2015, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:22 PMBurts

Maybe because relic does not balance on the whims of a single player and waits and gathers data before they determine if a unit is OP/UP? Seriously, the brits have been out for less than 24 hours. And here you are instead of trying to figure out a proper counter for a unit instantly scream OP with at best ~10 games played with the brits.

Takes them too long. The 152 and tiger ace was wrecking games for months before they brought them inline.
1 Sep 2015, 15:25 PM

Pr0stheer Sniper counters Brits with ease. :foreveralone:

Don't even get me started on lmg gren spam with pak wall into tiger. :foreveralone:

Brit mp bleed is actually worse than USF if this is done correctly. :foreveralone:
1 Sep 2015, 15:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:24 PMCorsin

Takes them too long. The 152 and tiger ace was wrecking games for months before they brought them inline.

The brits are no where near as OP as the tiger ace or the old 152.

Not even close.

And even then the ISU-152 or the old tiger ace has clear counters and if you outplayed your opponent, you could still win.

1 Sep 2015, 15:29 PM

Lol people are so fucking stupid. Ost sniper is overperforming against brits = nothing about british are OP, L2P. Please just die if you use this excuse.

Brits are the most UP and broken faction of COH2.
We'll see when after the Sep3 winrates .. my guess is they will be far below usf even in 1v1.
What's the point of nerfing units if the whole faction is not capable of winning a match?
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 95
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak