russian armor

Commandos

1 Sep 2015, 22:40 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 22:24 PMRollo

Ulster is British not Irish.

Where is it?

http://bit.ly/1KpKkQw

Anyway, commandos need their damage from camo reduced a bit but they are really expensive so I dont feel they deserve to be nerfed a huge amount.
1 Sep 2015, 22:46 PM
Patrion 14

Commando's are great, most expensive infantry in the game AND they're micro heavy. And if you can manage to spam 500mp units as BRITS your opponent is doing something wrong.

Why not retreat when they appear and pick them off from a distance? There cloaking makes them slow and there only good for ambushes.

IMO Commando's are like Paratroopers with thompsons, you can't charge in, else you will bleed too much and they're only really usefull when having the beacon set up.

Commandos are for holding off a point, laying in ambush or clearing buildings.

Even better, how about people l2p and send a vehicle to kill them instead. Perhaps treat them like shocks, perhaps treat them like STG obers. 4Head

1 Sep 2015, 22:49 PM

Anyway, commandos need their damage from camo reduced a bit but they are really expensive so I dont feel they deserve to be nerfed a huge amount.

They do 170 DPS, not even Parathompsons at pointblank range using their special ability can top that. And that DPS is with out the CAMO bonus. Then at Vet 2 they get 25% more accurate.

EDIT: Looney Commando's have .72 received accuracy, they are one of the most durable squads in the entire game.
1 Sep 2015, 22:53 PM

They do 170 DPS, not even Parathompsons at pointblank range using their special ability can top that. And that DPS is with out the CAMO bonus. Then at Vet 2 they get 25% more accurate.

EDIT: Looney Commando's have .72 received accuracy, they are one of the most durable squads in the entire game.

1 Sep 2015, 22:58 PM

Ohhhhh so this is what the shoutbox was about :sibHyena:

3rd one and 4th one are nice, rest isn't really accurate though :bananadance:
1 Sep 2015, 23:06 PM
Patrion 14

Wow, did not know that, for some reason my commando's don't do anything and are so slow.
Well, I guess they might need more received acc and less damage.

Edit: Von, that's the most hilarious thing. :sibHyena:
1 Sep 2015, 23:10 PM

Looks like Katitof hasn't any late game. I think he needs a buff.
1 Sep 2015, 23:26 PM

This is beautiful
2 Sep 2015, 00:13 AM

commandos are actually very expensive for a faction that is extremely manpower starved.
It can even work against you, for instance if you're not experienced and get more than 1 squad and keep losing models and you lose the game to mp starvation.
Plus it's not a stock unit
2 Sep 2015, 00:15 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Commandos are absurd on that new close quarters rubble city map(forgot what its called)

Literally unstoppable on the right side rubble. NOTHING can compete with them. And if you look away for a second,hell even if you dont look away,your squad will be erased SilentHunter ChrisKyle Silencer with a Red DOT Call of duty 4: SOCOM:US Navy SEALS style.

Its cool to fight against,and cool for the player using them,btu they are over the top,its not even funny. 170 ish DPS apparently?
2 Sep 2015, 00:31 AM

Commandos are absurd on that new close quarters rubble city map(forgot what its called)

Literally unstoppable on the right side rubble. NOTHING can compete with them. And if you look away for a second,hell even if you dont look away,your squad will be erased SilentHunter ChrisKyle Silencer with a Red DOT Call of duty 4: SOCOM:US Navy SEALS style.

Its cool to fight against,and cool for the player using them,btu they are over the top,its not even funny. 170 ish DPS apparently?
Gelsenkirchen.

I find that an Ostwind tends to work wonders.

Granted, that's assuming that your opponent lets you get one...
3 Sep 2015, 05:42 AM

also that thermonuclear grenade they cook. I even micro'd out of the way of it and it still squad wiped an entire volks squad, goes off like a demo charge. lolwut. Not to mention the ridiculous ambush/camo/cover advantage they have.

really fucking dimwitted unit design by relic (shocking).
3 Sep 2015, 05:46 AM

also that thermonuclear grenade they cook. I even micro'd out of the way of it and it still squad wiped an entire volks squad, goes off like a demo charge. lolwut. Not to mention the ridiculous ambush/camo/cover advantage they have.

really fucking dimwitted unit design by relic (shocking).
Those things have long fuses. They are more like a satchel charge then a grenade. You should be able to easily dodge it.
3 Sep 2015, 05:59 AM

Those things have long fuses. They are more like a satchel charge then a grenade. You should be able to easily dodge it.

Yeah, they are the Gammon bombs that come that come with Hammer Upgrade. I just noticed that they can also be used to immobilize tanks for a short time, which is kinda neat seeing as how outside of mines and Sniper ability (which isn't 100%) that the Brits are kind of starved for vehicle snares. I wouldn't use them on regular infantry that can easily dodge if microed.

The regular Brit grenades are pretty damn good though, they are practically paratrooper cooked grenades if not better.
3 Sep 2015, 06:17 AM

3 Sep 2015, 06:27 AM
Donator 22

omfg :lolol: :thumbsup::sibHyena:
3 Sep 2015, 06:50 AM

Permanently Banned
Commandos are pretty op
3 Sep 2015, 07:02 AM

I would've thought so, I watched the model wind up and throw it.. maybe it glitched? Thing went off almost instantly. Felt like less than 2 seconds, which isnt nearly long enough to get away from the huge AoE.
3 Sep 2015, 07:18 AM

how are they expensive they cost 450 mp same as obers and falls expensive doesnt means op they can get their cost reduced to same ass shock.
3 Sep 2015, 07:26 AM

how are they expensive they cost 450 mp same as obers and falls expensive doesnt means op they can get their cost reduced to same ass shock.

Obers are 400mp.
Falls are 440mp including opportunity cost, their real cost is around 380.

And both, obers and falls are not close range exclusively infantry.

You're going to be the new alex here with utter fanboyism of his first months and completely wrong about everything you write?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★