Login

russian armor

Dump Ost sniper into T2

1 Sep 2015, 04:54 AM

Seriously, that's NOT funny in the alpha, and so as now.
1 Sep 2015, 05:10 AM

Seriously, that's NOT funny in the alpha, and so as now.

They can fix it with target tables. They haven't in the Trial because according to Cruzz, target tables haven't been implemented yet. Assuming they're for the actual game.
1 Sep 2015, 05:17 AM

They can fix it with target tables. They haven't in the Trial because according to Cruzz, target tables haven't been implemented yet. Assuming they're for the actual game.
Yeah it's obvious that this isn't the same patch they intend for release. None of the big changes that were in the changelog are in it. I think it's just a press version that they used to show to reviewers that they have been using for a while.
1 Sep 2015, 05:26 AM

Permanently Banned
no
1 Sep 2015, 05:30 AM

This.

And about T2, no. You want it to come out exactly when there are plenty hard counters available? It sure is OP versus brits but the fix is not moving him to T2.
1 Sep 2015, 05:34 AM
Benefactor 355

Whats wrong with sniper at t1? Sniper battles are finally fun again.
1 Sep 2015, 06:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 05:30 AMRMMLz

This.

And about T2, no. You want it to come out exactly when there are plenty hard counters available? It sure is OP versus brits but the fix is not moving him to T2.

Brit sniper come out exactly when there are plenty hard counters available.

Or else dump Brit sniper into T0?
1 Sep 2015, 06:25 AM

Brit sniper is different, he's kinda light AT (which I don't know if it's good or bad). If they make Brits sniper like Ost or Sov one (Increase ROF mostly) then why not. And even at the current state they can move him to T0 I guess, to counter 222 and support Wasp.
1 Sep 2015, 06:48 AM

I've to agree with Gaddafi taht sniper battles are fun now again. Personally I do think that the brits sniper can be moved to T0/T1 like Ostheer.
1 Sep 2015, 07:09 AM
Donator 22

1 Sep 2015, 07:22 AM

Fix how?
by making sniper miss every 2nd shot against brits?

Don't be ridiculous, I was telling you how op ost sniper will be vs brits, Porygon did so as well.
Its one of rare cases when we agree with each other.

@RMMLz
That is exactly the timing of brit snipers, when there are plenty of hardcounters long on the field.
And no, brit sniper is not kidna light AT, it can make an engine crit, but what was shown on relics presentation vid of him are lies, brit sniper AT performance is 3x worse then SINGLE PTRS rifle.
1 Sep 2015, 07:55 AM

Fix how?

Increased cooldown when targeting a British squad.
1 Sep 2015, 07:59 AM

Increased cooldown when targeting a British squad.

That might work, but would have to be slightly higher then sov sniper vs grens rof.

I still keep forgetting about the possibilities target tables can give.
1 Sep 2015, 08:54 AM

Snip

Well I've only played against it and I have to say it doesn't pose much of a threat. And to be honest, I think a T0 sniper might be good. It might solve the problem versus Ost (or at least help a bit) and It can kinda support Wasp. Bottom line, Brit sniper seems useless (or maybe people have not figured out to to use it).

1 Sep 2015, 10:18 AM

assuming it's the same target table from coh1, I don't think adding it will fix the ost sniper against brits.

the ost sniper need a new gimmick beside having a fast rof.
1 Sep 2015, 10:22 AM

assuming it's the same target table from coh1, I don't think adding it will fix the ost sniper against brits.

If "being sniped" is such a problem for the British faction, then perhaps the Sniper isn't the problem? If they can't fight Snipers at all, then it's a problem with the faction. But I stand by the opinion that lowering the rate of fire vs British units should be fine. If that doesn't work, then the problem lies with the faction and should be rectified on their end.
1 Sep 2015, 10:22 AM

the ost sniper need a new gimmick beside having a fast rof.

Oh, how about this:

A shot that might kill multiple models and will stun a squad for a couple of seconds!
Its already much more then soviet sniper have and its AI counterpart to what brit sniper have.
1 Sep 2015, 10:38 AM

If "being sniped" is such a problem for the British faction, then perhaps the Sniper isn't the problem? If they can't fight Snipers at all, then it's a problem with the faction. But I stand by the opinion that lowering the rate of fire vs British units should be fine. If that doesn't work, then the problem lies with the faction and should be rectified on their end.

well, for one thing the tommies are just targets for the sniper atm.

Beside the tommies' high cost, they are simply awful on the move. the lee enfield suffer a 75% accuracy penalty on the movw, meaning the tommies can't realistically chase down sniper. Even the US rifleman have trouble chasing down sniper.

The tommies' reinforcement cost needs to be lowered. It should be lowered to around 28 mp.

second, the brit sniper have an awful recloak time. It takes him 6 seconds to recloak after 1 shot. By comparison the ost sniper take 2 seconds and the sov take 3 seconds. The brit sniper is just too simply an easy target for the ost sniper.
1 Sep 2015, 10:39 AM

Tommies are also worse out of cover then grens, meaning in equal, non cover engagement, tommies lose to grens in the open.
1 Sep 2015, 10:48 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 05:30 AMRMMLz
You want it to come out exactly when there are plenty hard counters available? It sure is OP versus brits but the fix is not moving him to T2.
Not necessarily agreeing with the notion of moving the sniper to T2, but regardless of that, the argument cuts both ways. British infantry sections are only buildable once there are plenty of counters available (MG42, sniper).

Applying this very same logic British Infantry should be given a chance to be on the field for a while before its hard counter is available. Therefore Sniper should come later.

If it's unfair for a Sniper to coexist with Allied light vehicles, then it is unfair for Tommies to coexist with German sniper.

My point is, units are plenty useful once there are counters on the field. The whole idea of usability windows is flawed IMO. A German sniper lasts well into the late game.

A fix is needed. Timing is not it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS