Login

russian armor

Is the tiger tank really worth it anymore ?

31 Aug 2015, 23:02 PM

The tiger used to be a great comeback unit, however with the newest change to add more CP it just seems too little too late especially for the fuel cost. The tank turret is is so slow that it is so easily flanked which has always been a problem. When you add in the increased waiting time and the decrease in tier 4 cost it just seems like a death of 1000 cuts for the tiger. What is the thought of the experienced players on the continued viability of the tiger as a main stay tank. I used to play for extended tier 2 and tier 1 so I could have at least one pack and one PG with panzer Shreck. Then I would grab one stug or one ostwind depending on which was stronger the enemy infantry or armor. I don't think this works anymore based upon a couple games I have played since the recent patches
aaa
31 Aug 2015, 23:50 PM

tiger worth making tied to T4. As all other tanks tied to tech. Current tiger callin is an significant unfair advantage over oponent that need to buy whole tech tree.
1 Sep 2015, 00:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 23:50 PMaaa
tiger worth making tied to T4. As all other tanks tied to tech. Current tiger callin is an significant unfair advantage over oponent that need to buy whole tech tree.
1 Sep 2015, 01:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 23:50 PMaaa

A good point now that T34/85's are tied to tech. But the IS-2 is isn't tied to tech and it measures up very favorably to the tiger in that it has better mobility and its turret rotation speed is quite good so it can flank and shoot at flankers with ease. I wouldn't mind seeing tigers get tied to tech but only if that happens to other call in's for all factions.
1 Sep 2015, 11:21 AM

I still think that the Tiger is worth making in some situations, especially when you're against a shit ton of infantry and medium tanks

But for the most part, it's a great all around tank that allows you to fight against anything smaller, and covering it with StuGs makes it frustrating to deal with
1 Sep 2015, 16:03 PM

1v1 maybe, 2v2 and up, not worth. Better LEFH + Panther.
2 Sep 2015, 01:01 AM

The tiger used to be a great comeback unit, however with the newest change to add more CP it just seems too little too late especially for the fuel cost. The tank turret is is so slow that it is so easily flanked which has always been a problem. When you add in the increased waiting time and the decrease in tier 4 cost it just seems like a death of 1000 cuts for the tiger. What is the thought of the experienced players on the continued viability of the tiger as a main stay tank. I used to play for extended tier 2 and tier 1 so I could have at least one pack and one PG with panzer Shreck. Then I would grab one stug or one ostwind depending on which was stronger the enemy infantry or armor. I don't think this works anymore based upon a couple games I have played since the recent patches

yea its a shame how Relic does't take historical accuracy and put it to quality use such as the flaws of the IS 2 compared to the Tiger such as shown in the 12 minute mark of this vid "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNXiK8_mRoo";. Its also a shame how Allied tanks will overperform Axis tanks when it comes to encountering AT nades or mines because this flaw has costed me soo many games where I wasn't able to counter the opponent due to the lack of effect the panzerfaust has on the side and front armor of mostly all Allied Medium and Heavy tanks whereas if an AT nade from Allies comes in contact with my armor it will always do engine damage and will leave my tank trying to claw its way to safety only to be destroyed. I also have issues when I play as Allies but I think that I have these issues mainly because Relic has a flawed combat system "RNG" and mechanics in general which show that they "Relic" have no pride in making a quality product for their consumer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★