Login

russian armor

Could frequent freezes be related to new "Follow Camera"?

31 Aug 2015, 13:39 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

-Freezes often happen when you jump your camera from one part of the map to another

-Freezes seem to happen less when you delete/disable your replays

-Freezes started happening when "Follow Camera" feature was introduced to replays.

If this theory has some truth, then deleting and disabling replays would actually make some kind of sense. Somebody taught Hans how to fully disable replays in COH2. How do you do that?
31 Aug 2015, 13:55 PM

If this theory has some truth, then deleting and disabling replays would actually make some kind of sense. Somebody taught Hans how to fully disable replays in COH2. How do you do that?

Here you go...

Just did this myself. Did not play yet, will test tonight if gun runs smoother for me.

31 Aug 2015, 14:02 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

These constant freezes that everyone is experiencing have occured since Relic introduced WFA.

But if disabling Replays actually helps, then keep me posted.

Subbed to this thread.
31 Aug 2015, 14:17 PM

Here you go...

Just did this myself. Did not play yet, will test tonight if gun runs smoother for me.

I've disabled replays like a year ago and it truly makes game a lot smoother, at least for me (10-15 more frames depending on the map). The major problem now is poor UI. UI is very very slow in this game for some reason.

I do get freezes every now and then but I think that's because of my connection. I don't know if disabling replays will stop game from freezing like this.
31 Aug 2015, 14:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 14:17 PMRMMLz

I've disabled replays like a year ago and it truly makes game a lot smoother, at least for me (10-15 more frames depending on the map). The major problem now is poor UI. UI is very very slow in this game for some reason.

I do get freezes every now and then but I think that's because of my connection. I don't know if disabling replays will stop game from freezing like this.

10-15 FPS more? Lol
Hard to believe :)
31 Aug 2015, 14:37 PM
Senior Editor Badge

10-15 FPS more? Lol
Hard to believe :)

Its true.

Disable replays and background movies its a good combo. :D
31 Aug 2015, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 14:37 PMnigo

Its true.

Disable replays and background movies its a good combo. :D

But what if I played a good game I want to rewatch .. :)

LIKE THAT EVER HAPPENED!
31 Aug 2015, 14:52 PM

But what if I played a good game I want to rewatch .. :)

LIKE THAT EVER HAPPENED!

That's a downside really, but it works with my settings and on my mediocre specs.
31 Aug 2015, 14:58 PM

I disabled my replays several months ago using that guide. It did make a difference, can't recall how much though since it was awhile ago. Either way, it doesn't take too long to disable and try it out.
31 Aug 2015, 15:07 PM

Till June it was fine for me.
But since some June's update I started to experience 2-4s freezes in each game.
31 Aug 2015, 15:31 PM

Permanently Banned
Anybody playing the game at max setting who had a fps increase by disabling replays? The game used to run perfectly smooth on my system, after one of the latest patches it goes down to 30fps which makes it absolutely unplayable. So is that performance boost by disabling replays only something for weaker machines or should i give it a try?
31 Aug 2015, 15:33 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 15:31 PMI<444>3CoH
Anybody playing the game at max setting who had a fps increase by disabling replays? The game used to run perfectly smooth on my system, after one of the latest patches it goes down to 30fps which makes it absolutely unplayable. So is that performance boost by disabling replays only something for weaker machines or should i give it a try?

Disable replays works for all settings.

31 Aug 2015, 15:40 PM

Just disabled replays. Gonna see if it does anything right now for me.(though I've never really had any freezes or crashes for a while like people are saying.....) Just wanna see what it does to FPS/other things.

Should note that I once did have freezes and crashes back in January after updating my graphics card(gtx 970) to the latest graphical updates available. After downgrading it to an earlier version I never experienced bug splats/lags/crashes again(though one time I did have a bug splat but that was because everyone did). :P
31 Aug 2015, 15:47 PM
Benefactor 351

This is true guys disabling will help
31 Aug 2015, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 14:17 PMRMMLz

Disabling ingame movies help with the main menu sluggishness.

My guess would be that it is poorly coded flash (scaleform) or just flash in general since there is so much going on in the UI.
31 Aug 2015, 16:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 16:03 PMwuff

Disabling ingame movies help with the main menu sluggishness.

My guess would be that it is poorly coded flash (scaleform) or just flash in general since there is so much going on in the UI.

Scaleform is not that bad if coded right and it's very common in video games, but well, RELIK. But yea disabling movies through steam launch options helps too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 16
Germany 1
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak