Login

russian armor

Way to spend fuel without spending a manpower

Should all factions get a way to spend fuel only without manpower?
Option Distribution Votes
24%
76%
Total votes: 29
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
31 Aug 2015, 05:57 AM

I play this game for a "long" time and i haven't noticed yet any way to spend fuel even if you have no manpower. Maybe some wehrmacht and Soviet doctrines have that ability, but i think that all factions should have some non-doctrinal way to spend fuel alone, and not with manpower. Because if you are trying to have more infantry than tanks even in late game, you can often end up in a situation, where you have about 150 manpower but 300 fuel. So maybe add some special units that you buy for fuel only, or a flamethrower upgrade for fuel. What do you think about that?

And BTW excuse my english, if there are some mistakes- i hope you at least understand what i am talking about here.
31 Aug 2015, 06:15 AM
Patrion 28

the point of manpower is that it's used to pay for everything that isn't an upgrade while the point of fuel is that it gates the stronger units (vehicles) and slows down teching. dawn of war 2 an dcompany of heroes 1 (to the best of my knowledge) both lacked anything that only cost fuel.

that said, i'm not entirely opposed to a fuel only purchase but i'm not sure what point it would serve and it would probably have to be an upgrade.
31 Aug 2015, 07:31 AM
Donator 11

def there should be an option in the late game where you float alot of fuel and have no mp that you can buy a cons squad for like 30 fuel or AT gun for 50.
31 Aug 2015, 07:39 AM
Patrion 27

They could substract 0.7 (standard Vodka bottles contain 0.7l) fuel for molotovs and keep mp untouched :)
31 Aug 2015, 07:41 AM
Donator 11

What about convert Fuel to Manpower!? :D
31 Aug 2015, 09:01 AM

I don't think it's a good idea, it might encourage people to blob and never think of saving MP for tanks or other types of units.

This will just greatly manipulate the economy and I don't think we will ever see this.
31 Aug 2015, 15:52 PM

What about convert Fuel to Manpower!? :D

No that would only promote our favorite spams. Some new vehicle for only fuel or some upgrade of units you have for only fuel would be better.
31 Aug 2015, 15:54 PM

If you get Encirclement doc for Ostheer, you have an ability that (breakthrough) that only costs fuel.
31 Aug 2015, 16:06 PM

In COH1 US did have a way to do this (sort of). The 2nd supply yard upgrade cost 140 fuel and 200 MP yet "gave back" mp by making the upkeep of your units much less (a 3rd less I think, or 25%).

Wehrmacht had their veterancy, where the higher levels were much more fuel heavy but "returned" mp in additional survivability.
31 Aug 2015, 16:23 PM

For general mechanic - no, for some doctrinal abilities - yes.
31 Aug 2015, 16:34 PM

Every faction should have global upgrades they can buy that cost only MP or Fuel. Examples:

-Spend 60 fuel to make all PIV's become up-armored.

-Spend 60 fuel to reduce riflemen reinforce time and cost

-Spend 60 fuel to give Sturms extra man

-Spend 60 fuel to decrease Conscript reinforce time and cost

you get the idea.

This way you can make your armor "better" rather than make it "bigger" which would really help cut down on blobbing.
31 Aug 2015, 16:57 PM

That late game USF float of Fuel and no MP :foreveralone:
31 Aug 2015, 17:15 PM

I agree that the only realistic way to spend floating fuel would be to add global upgrades that cost fuel AND manpower. Everything must cost manpower.

Even in CoH1, a game riddled with global upgrades, late game fuel floating was a thing. It's not something that needs to be fixed. Late game is a manpower war anyway.
31 Aug 2015, 17:21 PM

Technically, as OKW, you can convert fuel to munition and sprinkle mines around the map. If you ever find yourself floating fuel as OKW that is o_O
31 Aug 2015, 19:43 PM
Benefactor 392

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 17:21 PMSinis
Technically, as OKW, you can convert fuel to munition and sprinkle mines around the map. If you ever find yourself floating fuel as OKW that is o_O

If you don't want to make any tanks or tech up sure that sounds like a great idea.

A good player knows how to manage his fuel and take care of his man power.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★