Login

russian armor

Elite troops is fair

30 Aug 2015, 16:34 PM

The Tiger Ace is just so strong against USF and it only costs 800MP.

It just one-shots all garbage 57mm AT guns that can't even penetrate the tiger ace and rapes all other paper tanks alone.

Have this :snfPeter::

30 Aug 2015, 16:40 PM

Once someone pulled elite troops on me and got a vet 3 MG right off the bat.
I was pretty miffed
30 Aug 2015, 16:40 PM

thank you
31 Aug 2015, 07:40 AM

It's a strong doctrine, but not op anymore, the tiger ace comes very late, so you have enough time preparing for it and the enemy must spend his fuel to vet his units. It's with no doubt strong, but not op anymore, if you can manage to kill the tiger ace it's pretty much over. The only thing i don't like on the tiger ace is the stunshot which makes it a little bit too good for my taste.
1 Sep 2015, 09:40 AM
Patrion 14

Tiger ace is USF worst nightmare in 1s, sure it's balanced vs Sov. But just like Ost sniper, USF lacks counters.
1 Sep 2015, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 09:40 AMLooney
Tiger ace is USF worst nightmare in 1s, sure it's balanced vs Sov. But just like Ost sniper, USF lacks counters.
1 Sep 2015, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 07:40 AMMoBo111
It's a strong doctrine, but not op anymore, the tiger ace comes very late, so you have enough time preparing for it and the enemy must spend his fuel to vet his units. It's with no doubt strong, but not op anymore, if you can manage to kill the tiger ace it's pretty much over. The only thing i don't like on the tiger ace is the stunshot which makes it a little bit too good for my taste.

1. Not true. It doesn't arrive 'very' late in the game.
2. That's the thing, it's just really strong (not OP) but still a pain in the ass to kill because so many AT-guns just don't penetrate the damn thing.
1 Sep 2015, 09:59 AM

2. That's the thing, it's just really strong (not OP) but still a pain in the ass to kill because so many AT-guns just don't penetrate the damn thing.

USF 57mm bounces from the side more often than not, from the front the 57mm is a total joke. Stolen Pak40s bounce its front and side more often than not. Raketten werfers seem to penn it with more frequency though.

As USF it is almost unbeatable, unless you can draw it into an M20 mine and then throw OP47s at it. If you try to attack a limping Tiger Ace with your 57mm at gun, it will just simply snipe them :foreveralone:

Totally agree with you!
1 Sep 2015, 10:06 AM
Donator 11

Some days ago I played a random 4vs4 game, where I and my teammate next to me dominated on our side, and it was a fair game on the other side of the map. We pushed the enemy to their base on our side. Then I mined the complete area with mines combined with democharges. We took out the first tiger ace + blob, but lost almost everything. Then I thought for a while after I built some troops, that we have won the game, but then the second tiger ace arrived from the same player and destroyed everything.

Today I played a random 4vs4 game where I saw two tiger aces arrive to the field simultaneous, after the enemy had spammed the field with medium tanks. How can you counter 2 tiger aces + 5-10 medium tanks in a random 4vs4 game?
1 Sep 2015, 16:44 PM

Well it's the latest unit to arrive cp-wise, but i still agree with you it's a giant pain in the ass for usf. And the fact that you don't need any fuel to use it makes it even more deadly. But like i stated earlier, my main issue with it is the stunshot, that kills any usf tank that got hit by it because they loose their strongest advantage, which is mobility.
1 Sep 2015, 17:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

USF 57mm bounces from the side more often than not, from the front the 57mm is a total joke. Stolen Pak40s bounce its front and side more often than not. Raketten werfers seem to penn it with more frequency though.

There is no side-armour in the game, it's just a front-half and back-half for armour values.

Of course, maybe it'd be a tad easier for 57mm if side-armour was in the game. <444>_<444>
2 Sep 2015, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 17:37 PMVuther

There is no side-armour in the game, it's just a front-half and back-half for armour values.

Of course, maybe it'd be a tad easier for 57mm if side-armour was in the game. <444>_<444>

I thought it is rendered as either front or rear armor values. Side armor indeed doesn't exist, but is rendered as rear armor (so I do believe). Still bullshit that at guns bounce from that, but hey rngesus aint that forgiving!
2 Sep 2015, 11:59 AM

If you are able to save up 800 MP you either have won the game already or lost it and the Tiger won't save you.

USF early and mid game is so strong you won't have the MP in late game to call in the Tiger without losing map control entirely - unless the USF player is bad and not playing to the strengths of the faction. And then you can defeat him without needing the Tiger. Period.
2 Sep 2015, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 11:59 AMQbix
If you are able to save up 800 MP you either have won the game already or lost it and the Tiger won't save you.

USF early and mid game is so strong you won't have the MP in late game to call in the Tiger without losing map control entirely - unless the USF player is bad and not playing to the strengths of the faction. And then you can defeat him without needing the Tiger. Period.

Obvious troll is obvious.
2 Sep 2015, 12:22 PM

I thought it is rendered as either front or rear armor values. Side armor indeed doesn't exist, but is rendered as rear armor (so I do believe). Still bullshit that at guns bounce from that, but hey rngesus aint that forgiving!

I'm pretty sure this is the case.
2 Sep 2015, 12:24 PM

erm... Jackson!?

Outranges it?
2 Sep 2015, 13:14 PM

+1 on Jackson but I'm kind of split on the matter.

Theoretically you should realize the player has gone Elite Troops and be prepared for the Tiger Ace ahead of time but its hard because of USF general lack of mines and a lot of times you'll be winning because you pushed an early advantage with Shermans and didn't need a Jackson at that point.

I just hate it because of the whole "MP only and no Fuel" aspect, you should be rewarded for choking off the other player(s) fuel and dominating light/medium vehicle play but then they get a MP only heavy tank (that's also vet 3) that can possibly turn the game? It just feels unfair sometimes and breaks a core game mechanic of fuel gating stronger units.
2 Sep 2015, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 12:24 PMCorsin
erm... Jackson!?

Outranges it?

Barely (5 range I think), and with TWP if the TA closes, which is easy with limited snare options and Blitz, you lost a Jackson immediately. The Jackson will die in 8-10 seconds because of the TA's high rate of fire and get to fire only once. The MP and Fuel bleed is so high you won't be able to field more than two jacksons anyway. Even if you have more then I forgo TA and get Shrek PG's or 2 paks. Save the TA for later. Also keep in mind the TA player can still have all of his prior tanks. Had great success in 2's using Stugs as backup into TA. I get the ability to constantly stun any tank in game, and I have 3-4 armored vehicles before the TA arrives.

TA is a problem because it costs no fuel. Add a fuel cost so you can't have an army of medium tanks, and a huge anti-everything death star.
2 Sep 2015, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 12:22 PMRMMLz

I'm pretty sure this is the case.

I think so too!
2 Sep 2015, 18:08 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %