Login

russian armor

Hammer vs Anvil

25 Nov 2015, 20:30 PM

I like both, to be honest. Heavy engineers got great repair speed and the buffs to vision and defensive arty are awesome. Churchill is solid. Hammer has great abilities and the comet is awesome. The weak points are the heavy gammon bombs being overpriced.
26 Nov 2015, 02:56 AM

Lol, churchill is as solid as jelly, cant pen anything and is slow as f,,ck. Comet needs to move like a puma to survive. BS, both doctrines suck.
26 Nov 2015, 03:21 AM

Anvil suits my play style better but the new fuel pricing on Churchill is kind of retarded after they nerfed its armor. 180 Fuel is kind of overpriced for current performance IMO.

Kind of would like to see Heavy Engineers be closer to 50 Muni or have their speed under fire nerf eased up a bit. Otherwise I feel like Anvil feels overpriced with current patch mod when you get a Comet for same price.
26 Nov 2015, 03:22 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Fleet of 3 comets crushes all.
I mean, in team games. I've only played 10 1v1s with Brits.
But that WP smoke round... wipe AT guns, MGs, LMG grens, wipe errything
26 Nov 2015, 03:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 11:29 AMLatch
Anvil all the way, no question (even though I have yet to go Hammer :P) The FREE Engie upgrade not only gives them a great MG BUT you can still equip them with 2 brens! and for 210MP you get a very VERY good squad.

Get them to vet 1 so they gain the defensive bonus and profit.

Also they get 2.0 of armor compared to other units which only have 1.0 armor.
26 Nov 2015, 03:57 AM

after december hammer will rule

+1.. After the Nerf of Concentration Barrage, Anvil get less Effective to counter ISG, b4 this Anvil Use to counter ISG spam..

Anvil might be not very Viable after the Hardcore nerf Churchill get,..still have no idea why, how much Does the Armor Reduce to??..from 240 - 200 right??
26 Nov 2015, 04:37 AM

Currently in 1v1, don't bother with those upgrades, better save your fuel for Cromwell/Firefly first, than IS upgrade, Hammer/Anil is like OH T4, a luxury after you have everything.
26 Nov 2015, 07:00 AM

Im the only one that love cromwell spam ?
26 Nov 2015, 10:48 AM

Yeah in 1v1, and probably even team games, a lot of the time cromwell spam will keep the pressure on and not allow them to recover. Especially against OKW!

Old Anvil is OP as hell when you spam heavy engies and churchills.

But they are not supposed to be spammed, they are supposed to supplement emplacements, hence being slower and having more armour to resist indirect fire. They are not supposed to be spammed front line unit.

If you think of the Anvil nerfs in context of playing with emplacements, then yeah they will still work fine, and cost increases are not too bad.

If you intended to just spam these two units, then yeah you wont have much muni or fuel :D

Seems legit to me, clear they were over performing.

I dont feel the Commet is very affordable in 1v1, and if you do save for it, you better have enough ATGs, because enemy will have some hefty armour.
26 Nov 2015, 11:54 AM

Im the only one that love cromwell spam ?

i have always gone Crommie spam since Churchill nerf. Cromwell is the most balanced Allied medium tank in game: good speed, decent gun, nice vet, benefit greatly from either Hammer or Anvil (Free Blitz + Tracking vs Hax Repair). Alternatively, I go dual Firefly if OKW plan to go KT/Jadgtiger or OH goes Elephant.
26 Nov 2015, 22:45 PM

If you think of the Anvil nerfs in context of playing with emplacements, then yeah they will still work fine, and cost increases are not too bad.

If you intended to just spam these two units, then yeah you wont have much muni or fuel :D

I agree, but I'd much rather they just increased the cost on sappers to something like 250-260 mp and given it like a 30 muni cost.

Sappers are pretty OP at 210 mp. They're almost on par with sturmpios, especially with the five man upgrade.
26 Nov 2015, 23:22 PM

Yeah I would agree that probably sounds like a more balanced MP and muni cost.

But hey, I dont mind as it is, because Ive never relied too heavily on Avil engies and I like being able to get a cheap squad for harrasing, mine clearing and repairing.
27 Nov 2015, 07:49 AM

Yeah I would agree that probably sounds like a more balanced MP and muni cost.

But hey, I dont mind as it is, because Ive never relied too heavily on Avil engies and I like being able to get a cheap squad for harrasing, mine clearing and repairing.

Give them fifth men , minesweeper , lmg (second is from anvil) so you will have 2lmg and also mine detector.

They move slover only in combat and all you want is to stand still or move to nearest cover in fight. (get tommy cover bonus at vet 1). They also have armor 2 while shocks only have 1,5 armor.

So I dont thing this unit was fine , for 90 and 210 munny you get multipurpose obers
27 Nov 2015, 09:11 AM

So I dont thing this unit was fine , for 90 and 210 munny you get multipurpose obers

Sorry what I meant was I dont mind the changes to engies. In fact Im very happy with them, because I didnt abuse them much anyway, but did regularly face them when playing Vs UKF.

I think in their intended role of emplacement support, they probably werent too bad... but of course they were getting spammed, which was OP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★