Login

russian armor

I just found this

29 Aug 2015, 19:55 PM

Hi there,

Just played a game on Langreskya, and I found that my freshly called in Riflemen used this little shortcut when I set the waypoint on the fuel point here on the north.

Now I just found this, and I have been playing this game since launch, and have played on this map for thousands of times. Just wanted to share it with you all, just in case you yourself also hadn't noticed it!

Cheers
29 Aug 2015, 20:40 PM
Patrion 27

I'm guessing this is a relic :snfPeter: from when units were originally going to spawn from whichever edge of the map you called them from. Nice find.
29 Aug 2015, 20:45 PM

I'm guessing this is a relic :snfPeter: from when units were originally going to spawn from whichever edge of the map you called them from. Nice find.

Nah, they just took an alternate path because he told them to go somewhere.
29 Aug 2015, 21:56 PM
Patrion 27

Nah, they just took an alternate path because he told them to go somewhere.

I'm pretty sure he's saying they spawned at that point, but maybe he meant they spawned at the normal one and took the path that is off the map to get to the other entrance.
29 Aug 2015, 22:07 PM

I'm pretty sure he's saying they spawned at that point, but maybe he meant they spawned at the normal one and took the path that is off the map to get to the other entrance.

Nah check the second screenshot. The unit is clearing coming around the corner. Then look at the minimap, they're heading away from the spawn point which is where they spawned. They simply took a different off-route map because he changed their destination.
29 Aug 2015, 22:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

this has been a pro-hack to get to the fuel or whatever faster forever
29 Aug 2015, 22:45 PM

must be a bug or glitch u might want to inform relic
29 Aug 2015, 22:48 PM
Donator 11

Very intresting, propably works on other maps too, gotta check it out.
29 Aug 2015, 23:12 PM

must be a bug or glitch u might want to inform relic

It's intended. What are the odds they'd actually leave a tank-wide path leading up to a road?
29 Aug 2015, 23:14 PM

I played against AI once on Langreskaya (just testing stuff) and saw its units spawn from this spot. Fair to say I thought it was cheating but obviously not! Cheers mate.
30 Aug 2015, 00:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh, you didn't notice that before? Surprised it never came up for you when you bought a call-in and clicked their rally point somewhere toward the front.
30 Aug 2015, 01:36 AM

I had a game today, that i ordered my captain, then I heard voice captain has arrived. there is no captain icon, and I couldn't find my captain but T3 is unlocked and captain is grey out. even my teammate can't find my captain. it seems to be a bug or something, I forget to click save after that game though should have save it.
30 Aug 2015, 09:03 AM

No no, they spawned at the normal spawn point, but they simply took the shortcut.
30 Aug 2015, 09:07 AM

Permanently Banned
Very old news
30 Aug 2015, 09:29 AM

Very old news

Thanks for your contribution bro
30 Aug 2015, 09:43 AM

Dude, that´s Queenratchet... banned like three times now. I think that alone should give him a permanent ban. Just ignore him and he might go away.

I didn´t know this spawn point. Thx for that.
30 Aug 2015, 09:46 AM

Dude, that´s Queenratchet... banned like three times now. I think that alone should give him a permanent ban. Just ignore him and he might go away.

I didn´t know this spawn point. Thx for that.

Oh I don't think he should be banned, he is pretty funny at times.

No problem!
30 Aug 2015, 13:43 PM

Happens on other maps. Lienne forest for example, spawn at the normal point then end up sill walking off map towards the ammo point in the corner! Just the unit taking the shortest route, nothing to see here.
30 Aug 2015, 16:22 PM

Permanently Banned

Yea sorry, probably shoulda have worded that better.

Thanks for the thread. But, we knew about this for a year now
30 Aug 2015, 17:12 PM

I didn't know about this on Langres, but I know that there are a lot of maps that have a fair bit of offmap that new units can maneuver around. I usually notice it because units on the offmap can't be issued anything but move orders. This usually results in having an annoying delay between my engis/pios and repairing because I'm waiting for them to cross the line onto the game map.

I'm curious if the south side has any similar routes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★