Login

russian armor

Panzerwerfer - the forgotten Ostheer arty

Is the Panzerwerfer in a good spot right now?
Option Distribution Votes
21%
79%
Total votes: 135
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Aug 2015, 12:10 PM

Seriously. Give the Panzerwerfer some love, because as of now, it not only comes very late being in T4, but it also barely does anything except when you drive up to its minimum range.

Something needs to be done, like a AOE or Damage buff.
29 Aug 2015, 12:20 PM

in my oppinion the panzerwerfer is fun to use, especially with 3x 5% less reload but to get the maximum out of the panzerwerfer i have to rush t4 that i can use it a longer timer ingame or another mate in team with toger ace commander to push the vet to minimum vet 2 to gain the decreased reload

dmg and accuracy are fine for me but the time that it normally arrives is too late compared to katjusha and its more powerfull barrage

all in all a little "buff" is nice but i can live with the current panzerwerfer :foreveralone:
29 Aug 2015, 12:24 PM

How is the werfer in a good spot?? this bullshit is useless. You want arty, get the lefh
29 Aug 2015, 12:38 PM

useless isn't the word to use here. I would say "spacial" cuz of the limited way to use it. There are to many things to deal with if you're gonna go for Panzerwerfer: A Tank less under your controll, coounter by enemy arty, opponent is not going to play defensiv or uses to much tanks to deal enough dmg with the werfer.

the only problem is that it arrives too late compared to other artys ingame with better perfomences or strengths

a little example of my experience: I've nevern seen a Werfer changing the game, but a ML-20 or Katjusha barraga was a lot of times pain in the ass

But that doesnt mean that I've got no good matches where a blob was pulverized by my werfer
29 Aug 2015, 12:59 PM
Donator 22

even when you drive up to its minimum range, its hitting sometimes nothing. Rng based. definitely not useless but some love is needed.
29 Aug 2015, 13:32 PM

I still don´t get relics decision to nerf the Panzerwerfer after it already had been nerfed.

1) There was a time it was good. Maybe even too good.

2) Thus the reload time went up.

It performed well.

3) Then out of the blue the performance was nerfed.

It became shit.

I´d like to see it perform like it did back then (Nr. 2). The increased reload balanced it. The lack of heavy non doctrinal artillery cripples Ostheer on specific maps.
29 Aug 2015, 13:49 PM

Inb4 "You have to move up to your enemy's ass and fire because scatter blah blah".

Either move it to T3 with the current stats so it has time to gain vet, or buff it.
29 Aug 2015, 13:52 PM

yeah t3 but if its too powerfull at this stage of teching increase some resources needed for Werfer.. IF needed
29 Aug 2015, 14:35 PM

It is funny that a T1 mortar is at least 10X times more effective than the 85 fuel Peewerfer.

The design of concentrated bombardment of almost zero AOE rockets, is a failed design.
29 Aug 2015, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 13:32 PMButcher
I still don´t get relics decision to nerf the Panzerwerfer after it already had been nerfed.

1) There was a time it was good. Maybe even too good.

2) Thus the reload time went up.

It performed well.

3) Then out of the blue the performance was nerfed.

It became shit.

I´d like to see it perform like it did back then (Nr. 2). The increased reload balanced it. The lack of heavy non doctrinal artillery cripples Ostheer on specific maps.
Amen, brother. Bring us back the Werfer with release stats and the current reload. There is no reason why this vehicle is the only one not allowed to be effective.
29 Aug 2015, 14:51 PM

I agree that it comes late, but I don't have a problem with it.
It does a good job against bunkering up and it has a reasonable damage output.
29 Aug 2015, 15:41 PM

I dont know what to think, LEHF is very viable this patch, and ostheer turbo mortar has always been. If you buff panzerwerfer too much it would make ostheer indirect fire op?
29 Aug 2015, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 15:41 PMl4hti
I dont know what to think, LEHF is very viable this patch, and ostheer turbo mortar has always been. If you buff panzerwerfer too much it would make ostheer indirect fire op?

LEHF is shit compare to ML-20 atm, panzerwerfer is shit compare to kachusha, OST mortar is good compare to SU mortars, but SU also have 120mm mortar too. and SU mortar have 6 men.

also mortar and rocket barrage vehicles are totally different use. one is field infantry support weapon, the other is design to knock out huge area of defense.
29 Aug 2015, 16:09 PM

also mortar and rocket barrage vehicles are totally different use. one is field infantry support weapon, the other is design to knock out huge area of defense.
Yes, mortars and late game artillery are two entirely different pair of shoes.

If you are under 152mm, Katjuscha, B4 or Priest fire lategame, an Ostheer mortar won´t help you winning the game at all.

Neither will the current Panzerwerfer.

The (late) artillery game always goes to the Soviet player.
29 Aug 2015, 16:39 PM

Give it it's original rocket amount of 16 back.
29 Aug 2015, 16:55 PM

the Panzerwerfer has just 10 rockets to shot, that would be not that kewl... not to mention the arty officer where there are also more rockets when setting up coordinated fire
29 Aug 2015, 16:59 PM

a little bit off topic: in my oppinion there is a potential commander artillery for ostherr: The "Himmler Orgel" or for more political correctness: "8-cm-Vielfachwerfer"

http://www.deutsche-artillerie.de/Geschichte/images/p015_0_01_015.jpg

As it is a construction out of katjusha rockets and a french tractor it would be perfect for a captured vehicles commander like in coh1 the H35/38 with stuka zu fuß rockets
29 Aug 2015, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 16:09 PMButcher
Yes, mortars and late game artillery are two entirely different pair of shoes.

If you are under 152mm, Katjuscha, B4 or Priest fire lategame, an Ostheer mortar won´t help you winning the game at all.

Neither will the current Panzerwerfer.

The (late) artillery game always goes to the Soviet player.

With the Stuka I find that advantage is at least even, and the LefH really isn't as bad as people make it out to be; Allies have a harder time countering it than Axis and it is decently strong.

I'd be interested to see T3 Panzerwerfer, I feel getting it out early would be really risky instead of a normal tank as most people still have their M5's/Stuarts to sneak and kill it.
I just don't get it often enough in T4 to judge it's performance. If I have T4 up then Panthers are swallowing my popcap.
29 Aug 2015, 17:03 PM

'd be interested to see T3 Panzerwerfer, I feel getting it out early would be really risky instead of a normal tank as most people still have their M5's/Stuarts to sneak and kill it.

thats the way it could be argumented
29 Aug 2015, 17:08 PM

Can't just move the werfer to t3 without changing anything else, you make t3 even stronger and t4 even worse.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★