Login

russian armor

How Can I Counter a Konigstiger with the Red Army?

28 Aug 2015, 21:43 PM

Hello, I just had a match where I got absolutely demolished by konigstigers. How on earth do I counter this? I tried spamming SU85's and ambushing it, but the konigstiger had too much health and volksgrenadier support.
28 Aug 2015, 23:03 PM

Countering the KT with the core army is hard, since you need around 2 SUs and 2 Zis', making a lot of mines works well too since you can cripple the KT or smash the volks.

ISU supported by Zis or SU85s helps a ton since you can smash the volks with HE and get ap ready before the KT is in range
28 Aug 2015, 23:58 PM

Guard Motor is something I always have equipped for this occasion. Whilst not as powerful now as was before it's still perfectly viable with mark vehicle and T34/85s. Remember to flank the beast because you can block it, mark it and then avoid it's slow gun.
29 Aug 2015, 00:04 AM

Mines definitely help, barring that trying to Suicide Oorah a Conscript in for a AT grenade to his rear armor to damage engine and then widdle him down. If you get desperate you can always try going old school and ramming him with a T34 lol

Depending on the caliber of player you're playing and the map baiting him into an ambush can be really effective if they are predictably sending the KT to where the action is. I'll usually harass his infantry/VP somewhere else across the map and then set up AT Gun's etc. to hit the KT's side/rear when he comes rolling past. If you can multiple tanks always try to plop one behind the KT to prevent him from reversing out of trouble too.

Mostly its a lot of patience; trying to kill and force away supporting troops and knowing when to go all in and go for the kill.
29 Aug 2015, 00:16 AM

its easy get 2 zis gun and take it down to 75% health and lob an AT nade or 2 at it to give it engine damage then kill it with 2 t3485s or 2 t34s or 2 su85s Kappa its too slow to avoid anything
29 Aug 2015, 03:28 AM
Donator 11

You don't need to kill the King Tiger. Shoot it enough times to make it go back and repair itself. There is no need to make ballsy moves sacrificing tanks everywhere just to kill it.

Kill it only when you have the chance: when it hits a mine or when you have disabled its engine in other ways. Then finish it off. Otherwise just keep shooting at it keep it out of the battlefield.

SU-85s and Jacksons are perfect ways to keep it away
8 Sep 2015, 21:46 PM

It does make sense, the goal was suppose to be stop the enemy's movement, not kill em all.
Its almost the same whichever u killed the beast or put it out of action(at least on the frontline) for a period of time.
The goal is to destroy or dismobilize enemy's operational combined forces for the pincer movements.
So @SoTotallyANarwhal, it's just about the mindset that "soften" the Kingtiger is also quite an achievement! As long as u dont lost the initiative on the battlefield.

You don't need to kill the King Tiger. Shoot it enough times to make it go back and repair itself. There is no need to make ballsy moves sacrificing tanks everywhere just to kill it.

Kill it only when you have the chance: when it hits a mine or when you have disabled its engine in other ways. Then finish it off. Otherwise just keep shooting at it keep it out of the battlefield.

SU-85s and Jacksons are perfect ways to keep it away
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS