Login

russian armor

Playing USF is a waste of time in team games

29 Aug 2015, 22:47 PM

USF desperately needs a heavy tank which can stand its ground and take a punch while riflemen and AT gun microing around it. Kiting with jackson does not work on most maps simply becouse there is nowhere to run and hide and US AT gun does not work.

well said not to mention that not all maps make will make flanking practical or possible
29 Aug 2015, 23:02 PM

I must say that I find the lack of 'heavy' tanks or just a wider variety on vehicles not that interesting with the USF. That's interely my opinion but I just think it's indeed a bit boring to play them.

There are also so few commanders available for them.. Dunno but I kinda agree with them being a bit more boring than other factions..
30 Aug 2015, 00:02 AM

well, I've been at number 1 on 4v4 for USF for a while and despite the constant whining of players who say they have no late game, as annoying as it may sound to hear to some of you, you need to get jacksons and KEEP THEM ALIVE. not much stands up to a 3 jackson volley, and then you reverse them, and throw them back in, while you get off some AT nades with your rifles, throw smoke at AT guns and MG's with your rifles and use attack ground through the smoke with jacksons. KT's will go down pretty fast if you hit repeated volleys.. Also, the USF is mobile, aggressive and will only work if you play combined arms, like the tool tips suggest. You need to micro like a complete champ to win sometimes but that's the nature of the beast unfortunately. If you're not good at it then practice or stop playing them.

Relic, pls buff BAR <444>3
30 Aug 2015, 02:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 00:02 AMmech
well, I've been at number 1 on 4v4 for USF for a while and despite the constant whining of players who say they have no late game, as annoying as it may sound to hear to some of you, you need to get jacksons and KEEP THEM ALIVE. not much stands up to a 3 jackson volley, and then you reverse them, and throw them back in, while you get off some AT nades with your rifles, throw smoke at AT guns and MG's with your rifles and use attack ground through the smoke with jacksons. KT's will go down pretty fast if you hit repeated volleys.. Also, the USF is mobile, aggressive and will only work if you play combined arms, like the tool tips suggest. You need to micro like a complete champ to win sometimes but that's the nature of the beast unfortunately. If you're not good at it then practice or stop playing them.

but not everyone can micromanage as good as you bear that in mind and that can be a problem for the majority who can't
30 Aug 2015, 08:53 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 00:02 AMmech

Your "strat" can go down the drain pipe if SU player did not place a couple of mines of your flank. USf does not even have a working AT mine.
30 Aug 2015, 09:58 AM

Your "strat" can go down the drain pipe if SU player did not place a couple of mines of your flank. USf does not even have a working AT mine.

Well, actually they have the most OP mine in the game, the M20 can lay mines that immobilise tanks and take them to half health... mines you can ask soviet players to do it and most good ones will mine the flanks for you. Like I said, the USF are mobile and agressive, if you get flanked you pop smoke up and pull back, or you turn the flanks into a situation where you have made them overextend. If you're talking about panthers chasing jacksons then you have to split your jacksons up so that he will chase one. You then chase the other panther with riflemen, popping AT nades on the damaged ones, leaving you some half dead panthers to mop up with your other jacksons if the sacrificial one did not escape. Do not separate your rifles from your jacksons as they need each other. I sometimes like to have a sherman as a blocking unit for panther rushes, it can be very useful to stall them and distract their turrets attention while the jacksons smash them.

USF infantry commander doctrine is getting regular mines in the next patch. Still a little mad that they need to choose a doctrine to get regular mines but hey, at least they've got them now!
30 Aug 2015, 10:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 09:58 AMmech

Well, actually they have the most OP mine in the game, the M20 can lay mines that immobilise tanks and take them to half health... mines you can ask soviet players to do it and most good ones will mine the flanks for you. Like I said, the USF are mobile and agressive, if you get flanked you pop smoke up and pull back, or you turn the flanks into a situation where you have made them overextend. If you're talking about panthers chasing jacksons then you have to split your jacksons up so that he will chase one. You then chase the other panther with riflemen, popping AT nades on the damaged ones, leaving you some half dead panthers to mop up with your other jacksons if the sacrificial one did not escape. Do not separate your rifles from your jacksons as they need each other. I sometimes like to have a sherman as a blocking unit for panther rushes, it can be very useful to stall them and distract their turrets attention while the jacksons smash them.

USF infantry commander doctrine is getting regular mines in the next patch. Still a little mad that they need to choose a doctrine to get regular mines but hey, at least they've got them now!

This doesn't work in teamgames. Especially not in 3vs3 and 4vs4.
30 Aug 2015, 11:12 AM
Donator 11

This doesn't work in teamgames. Especially not in 3vs3 and 4vs4.

It absolutely works. The top allies 4v4 team has a win streak of 100+. The bigger maps make it easier as the mobile US blob can take on different parts of the axis line. Axis need elephant /jagdtiger and clear open sight lines to counter it
30 Aug 2015, 14:15 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 11:12 AMArray

It absolutely works. The top allies 4v4 team has a win streak of 100+. The bigger maps make it easier as the mobile US blob can take on different parts of the axis line. Axis need elephant /jagdtiger and clear open sight lines to counter it

and rank 62 3v3 axis team has streak of 86?!?!?!
30 Aug 2015, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 11:12 AMArray

Who is telling me that? Mr. best Rank 405 in 4p at with axis?

Whoever doesnt use Jagdtiger/Elefant in a serious 4vs4 is pretty stupid... so that counter will be there all the time.

30 Aug 2015, 14:36 PM
Donator 11

Whoever doesnt use Jagdtiger/Elefant in a serious 4vs4 is pretty stupid... so that counter will be there all the time.

lots of maps have poor sight and good flanking. Lanzerath ambush is not a good elephant map and neither is city 17 east side. Even steppes middle vp is hard to hold against this because of the hedges.

Neither side strat is guaranteed win of course but skilled players can made them both work.

I take your point that some axis teams have hig streaks but there has already been much discussion of the fact there is more axis play and so a higher number of good axis teams around and that lower level allied teams are easier to beat. In high skilled hands big team allies overpower high skill axis and the Jackson / rifle play described above is part of the strat used

30 Aug 2015, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 14:36 PMArray

lots of maps have poor sight and good flanking. Lanzerath ambush is not a good elephant map and neither is city 17 east side. Even steppes middle vp is hard to hold against this because of the hedges.

Neither side strat is guaranteed win of course but skilled players can made them both work.

I take your point that some axis teams have hig streaks but there has already been much discussion of the fact there is more axis play and so a higher number of good axis teams around and that lower level allied teams are easier to beat. In high skilled hands big team allies overpower high skill axis and the Jackson / rifle play described above is part of the strat used

You clearly haven't played enough 4vs4/3vs3.
30 Aug 2015, 14:52 PM
Donator 11

You clearly haven't played enough 4vs4/3vs3.

Nonsense I'm extremely experienced at losing in these game modes

30 Aug 2015, 14:55 PM

but not everyone can micromanage as good as you bear that in mind and that can be a problem for the majority who can't

Well if someone has micro crap enough to not be able to press U and reverse after a jackson volly maybe they should look into another game.

Mech is right, jackon spam backed up by rifle m1919's/flamers is pretty damn powerful in teamgames.
30 Aug 2015, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 14:55 PMRollo

Well if someone has micro crap enough to not be able to press U and reverse after a jackson volly maybe they should look into another game.

Mech is right, jackon spam backed up by rifle m1919's/flamers is pretty damn powerful in teamgames.

yea but USF shud be by rights a fun faction to play like all the other 4 factions but instead they are quite frustrating to play if u do not hav a clue what you are doing
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★