Login

russian armor

Anyone else annoyed by the day 1 DLC within DLC?

29 Aug 2015, 00:47 AM

While I am not pleased about having to acquire 3 extra commanders that aren't included with the british forces, I just hope that Relic do a sale for them if you've pre-ordered, like the sales that were happening when the store first launched.
30 Aug 2015, 14:14 PM

Paid commanders are a thing, and they have been a thing since the game's launch.
People for some reason are surprised, annoyed, and outraged by this fact.

There have always been robberies, burglaries and muggings.

Such is life.

Obviously the solution is to abolish the police.

---

Thick argument is thick. The fact that a bad practice happens is not in itself justification for it continuing.
30 Aug 2015, 14:43 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 14:14 PMsquippy

There have always been robberies, burglaries and muggings.

Such is life.

Obviously the solution is to abolish the police.

---

Thick argument is thick. The fact that a bad practice happens is not in itself justification for it continuing.

Maybe a subscription model instead?
30 Aug 2015, 17:38 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 14:14 PMsquippy
Very nice reductio ad absurdum.

The only problem is, Relic is releasing new content in parcels that people can afford instead of one huge pack that some people might not be able to afford. The premium commanders are available as a purchase option, rather than ONLY as a random drop (Western Front Armies release situation). No matter how you look at it, they are giving more options to consumers, not less.

This is something you are comparing to robberies and muggings. Tell me again, whose argument is the thicker one?

I am the first to attack Relic when they don't seem to have their shit together. But this knee-jerk reaction to DLC is why we can't have nice things.
31 Aug 2015, 02:04 AM

Uhhh.... Everybody is complaining about the wrong problems again.

"OMG, relic y u force meh 2 pay money for commander, i haz no monies, wah wah. Itz not like we can get em 4 free when playin da gamez." Oh wait...

It's not the matter of there being day one Commander DLCs that is bad. No one is forcing you to buy it. It's simply there for people that don't have time to play the game so they can pay for it now instead of unlocking it for free later.

What people should be complaining about is war spoils. The system doesn't work properly because of duplicates and other issues.

As for people still moaning about Relic trying to make a quick buck nobody is forcing you to buy anything. Games are not cheap to make now days. The only things you can't earn in war spoils is factions/expansions, remember that as well.
31 Aug 2015, 05:37 AM

Uhhh.... Everybody is complaining about the wrong problems again.

"OMG, relic y u force meh 2 pay money for commander, i haz no monies, wah wah. Itz not like we can get em 4 free when playin da gamez." Oh wait...

It's not the matter of there being day one Commander DLCs that is bad. No one is forcing you to buy it. It's simply there for people that don't have time to play the game so they can pay for it now instead of unlocking it for free later.

What people should be complaining about is war spoils. The system doesn't work properly because of duplicates and other issues.

As for people still moaning about Relic trying to make a quick buck nobody is forcing you to buy anything. Games are not cheap to make now days. The only things you can't earn in war spoils is factions/expansions, remember that as well.

Played around 200 games since they implemented war spoils and only one time got a doctrine and it was a duplicate. You say that like this is BF3 where you can grind sniper class for a day and unlock all the gadgets if you play well but its not even close. Microtransactions inside a full priced game are bad, day 1 DLC is bad, and Relics extra content is not worth what they charge for it. CoH2's DLC is some of the worst in the industry, and nobody should be complacent and accept this as the new standard.
31 Aug 2015, 05:54 AM

Played around 200 games since they implemented war spoils and only one time got a doctrine and it was a duplicate. You say that like this is BF3 where you can grind sniper class for a day and unlock all the gadgets if you play well but its not even close. Microtransactions inside a full priced game are bad, day 1 DLC is bad, and Relics extra content is not worth what they charge for it. CoH2's DLC is some of the worst in the industry, and nobody should be complacent and accept this as the new standard.

You were around when shit like Sov Industry and Tiger Ace came out right? And the shitstorm that followed?

Far worse than what they're doing now but its still bad.

CoH2 from the looks of things was a game always designed to milk money through its commmanders, THQ wanted to use it to dig it out of trouble, now SEGA's using it to get more money.

How can you run a competitive RTS when you have to grind/pay for key items on top of an AAA price?

Its what turned me off CoH2 2 years ago after playing CoH1 for a year and a half.

BTW, I'm not commenting at your post, I'm mostly agreeing with you.
31 Aug 2015, 07:44 AM

So, it's time for auto grind map now, sigh. COH2 is a fully-paid game and their drop is even more random than TF2: 2 duplicate commander drop after 50 hours and people say it's fine. Either Relic get rid of the Warspoil system or fix it. Claiming players can get commanders without paying is absurd: Warspoil will never give you what you want.
31 Aug 2015, 08:02 AM

Very nice reductio ad absurdum.
This is something you are comparing to robberies and muggings. Tell me again, whose argument is the thicker one?

I did not COMPARE them in any sense of them being directly similar; only as things about which people complain, for good reason. Which you know, because you acknowledged that this was a reductio.
31 Aug 2015, 22:03 PM

People are missing the point. Most posters are not moaning at relic "adding more DLC content", they are annoyed because relic are cordoning off already existing units in DLC doctrines that should have shipped with the expansion.

When Opposing fronts launched with the original Brits/PE you got every unit that shipped with the game, you didn't have units like the Crocodile churchill, airlanding officer (or in the case of WFA the easy 8, WC51, Greyhound, M5, Jaeger infantry, sturmtiger) locked behind an extra paywall in premium commanders.

31 Aug 2015, 22:06 PM

I have no issues with DLC. After seeing what is involved in running a studio it is necessary as a business model. As per the war spoils and commanders fix...the future is bright.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★