Login

russian armor

Anyone else annoyed by the day 1 DLC within DLC?

28 Aug 2015, 15:24 PM
Benefactor 115

yawn...26 months later still the same discussions.
yes people are annoyed, big deal, as if Relic is gonna give a rat's ass.
28 Aug 2015, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 13:52 PMKatitof

I'd like to know your opinion on blizzards SC2 expansions being priced as a separate full game with the same 90%+ assets being reused.

If you were expecting AA to have completely separate set of units, well, you have a darn good dealer to end up so high on his stuff.

Well being a dick is what you mostly do so I ll ignore your tone.

Regarding if I expected AA to have 90% new units I didnt, but I would have expected it to be priced relatively to the content it provided which would have been at least 50-60% less to what it was.

Relic keeps hyping their passion and commitment on COH2 and I just dont see it. I am playing witcher 3 and the attention to detail is astonishing, I played RO2 and the guys bothered to model real tank interiors, actual locations never mind how good their game was their passion is obvious.

vCOH belonged in that league, COH2 does not. Too many one step forward and 2 steps backwards.

Now the Brits are coming and everybody is super hyped. Just go back a few months prior to WFA and remember how many prominent members of the COH community were hyping it like the best thing ever and they were dudes NDA and all this is teh real shit. Yeah we all saw how that ended up.

btw not a SC player so I couldnt care less.
28 Aug 2015, 16:51 PM

For all DLC for DLC cryers :

Western front armies were DLC to COH2

Ardenes assault was DLC for DLC (it was champaing for western fronts yes it was standlone but if you havent usa you dont buy it or if you buy it you will want to buy USA and OKW so you wil buy them both + there are awards for WFA)

and then rangers

Rangers are DLC fo DLC fo DLC (rangers<ardennes<WFA<Coh2)

So dont cry in UKF because rifle and scavenge company is DLC for DLC and nobody is crying for that.

And one of last thinks , best commnanders are now non dlc ones
(mobile defence , luftwafle / breakthought , guar motor (still potent) , shock frontline and some ml commander or lend lease and infantry company will be meta soon , now it is armored m10 cheese)

28 Aug 2015, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 11:19 AMKatitof

There was this stream once, I don't know who's it was, but the guy got 2 war spoils-both of them same OKW commander, was hilarious.

And a way to have a use out of duplicates is on the way, ever since we can get duplicates.

one of my shorts game when m20 was meta i won with usa within 10 minutes.

I get rifle company because i was praying to rng god every gardening day.

But you dont get the point.

I got 3 of them in 10 minutes match
28 Aug 2015, 16:55 PM

what if i told you...

99% of the games you've lost, you would've lost with different bulletins or commanders as well

with different bulletins lol

bulletins are only good on main line infatry or to confuse opponent (e.g. make triple sniper buletin and then make maxim m5 quad cheese like jadame except jadame use snipers so it loose point)
28 Aug 2015, 17:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Hi,

i look at it like this now: The new commanders are a form of paying in installments for the game. Relic should give all commanders with the faction, but then the Brits Addon would cost like 60 EUR. Nobody wants to pay this, at least not at once. Me included. So they split the game in parts. You just want to play a little bit around, pay core brits and hope for warspoils. You want to play everything you have to pay more.

I can live with it, even as a fan of competitive gaming, if the commanders have new abilities and are not random variations.

I disagree with Ami at this point in some degree too.I would prefere relic would sell only skins too, but obviously this is not gonna happen. Yes you need rifle company to play competitive as American (like DevM), BUT you need the Faction Americans to play competitively too. Nobody argues, that he bought the core game (Russian and Wehr) and is entitled to play as americans. Rifle Company is a core essential of the american faction.

My point is, that gaming got more expensive. I can live with this under the conditions 1) the prize must be reasonable in each country - 2) commanders must be 99 % new abilities !

Best Regards

awa59b

Well said, Awa! I agree.:)
28 Aug 2015, 18:33 PM
Patrion 14

This is what was created by Relic:

British Core army
Commander 1
Commander 2
Commander 3
Commander 4
Commander 5
Commander 6

The first 4 items on the list are bundled together and cost 13€ total (in my zone).
The other 3 items are 4€ each (I think).

I have a solution. Relic should make British Forces full pack with core army and all 6 commanders, and they should price it at 40€. That way, all you whiners will be happy, because it wouldn't be DLC within DLC, it would all be one-time purchase. You would then buy it in an instant and congratulate yourself that you didn't cave to Relic's filthy money grabbing practices and be proud of the way they didn't take any more of your money than you wanted them to.

End even if all the content was released in the same pack at a price of say 25€, it would be less accessible to people who only have 12€ to spend and would enjoy with just the core commanders (protip: as usual, the core ones are better than the blue ones).

Thank you for wanting to remove purchase options from consumers because you have a knee jerk reaction when ever you hear DLC.
28 Aug 2015, 19:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Annoyed, yes. Surprised, not. It is what it is, if you have been here for a while you know the deal.
Pricing is off the chart (specially for old commanders) and you shouldn't put behind a paywall better/different gameplay tools on an RTS which is not F2P.

By principle, i won't buy DLC commanders but i'll eventually get the Brits.

Expansion are fine.
DLC for your DLC not.
Putting your hopes in RNG drops is also bad. #WarspoilOverhaul - Soon™
28 Aug 2015, 19:02 PM

@drChengele

Well said. To make my long rambling post a shorter point, I think selling commanders separately is great because it gives customers more purchase options and lets them vote with their wallets on sucky content. But $3.99 for one commander is just too much when the faction itself costs $12...

28 Aug 2015, 19:02 PM

If you don't like this model so much so don't buy it!

Don't bleed out of your ass over it.

Seriously people.

SPEAK WITH WALLETS, because your forum rants are worth crap if you will go and buy it regardless.

If you will buy it, IT MEANS IT WORKS SO WHY CHANGE IT.

Seriously, how stupid can you be?
28 Aug 2015, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 19:02 PMKatitof

Seriously people.

SPEAK WITH WALLETS, because your forum rants are worth crap if you will go and buy it regardless.

The amount of rage in this post is confusing to me, but you make a good point. I suspect Relic does read feedback from this forum but ultimately the success or failure of this selling model = what people spend, not what they say.
28 Aug 2015, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 19:02 PMKatitof

Seriously people.

The majority of the people playing this game would rather get more wins instead of taking a stand against bad business practices, so the minority that is strongly against the p2w content is forced to either give in or play at a disadvantage because they don't have enough support to make an impact. What you are suggesting is the equivalent of cancelling high speed internet because all the high speed ISPs have shitty customer service and stability. Many people already tried boycotting the DLC but enough weak minded people bought it anyways so it never made a difference. As a result many people just buy DLC when it goes on sale for 50-75% off.
28 Aug 2015, 21:24 PM
Patrion 14

Paid commanders are a thing, and they have been a thing since the game's launch.

Every single faction has always had three stock commanders and at least three additional, premium commanders.

British army has (GASP) premium commanders.

People for some reason are surprised, annoyed, and outraged by this fact.

Such is life.
28 Aug 2015, 21:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 15:46 PMmrako
I played RO2 and the guys bothered to model real tank interiors, actual locations never mind how good their game was their passion is obvious.

I nerded out when I realized I was able to adjust my rifle's sights to 1000+ metres.
28 Aug 2015, 21:37 PM

The western front armies were released the same way: three free commanders and three commanders drops from warspoils. The only difference was that the three commanders which dropped from warspoils weren't available for purchase initially so the community complained that they wanted the option to buy those commanders. Now Brits are releasing with three free commanders and three commanders that drop from warspoils which you also have the option of purchasing if you don't wish to wait. If you don't want to pay for those commanders then farm warspoils.
28 Aug 2015, 22:04 PM
Patrion 14

yes, the weak minded are so weak and the weaks should be weeded out of this society and witch hunted like there's no tomorrow.

when will this eternal e-machoness end?
28 Aug 2015, 22:11 PM

No, I'm not annoyed at all. I don't care about DLC commanders. The faction is what counts for me: skins, uniforms, voice-acting, gameplay-feel etc. The DLC commanders are icing. I ignored them with WFA because the 3 stock commanders of OKW and US seriously seem the most polished and interesting designs to me. With the UKF, I will admit, the 3 DLC commanders seem at least as neat as the stock ones. But still, it's only commanders, only icing for that matter. I don't need that.
28 Aug 2015, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 22:04 PMpigsoup
yes, the weak minded are so weak and the weaks should be weeded out of this society and witch hunted like there's no tomorrow.

when will this eternal e-machoness end?

Who are you implying is e-macho? The people complaining about the DLC within DLC, or the people complaining about the people complaining about the DLC within DLC?

28 Aug 2015, 23:49 PM
Patrion 14

Who are you implying is e-macho? The people complaining about the DLC within DLC, or the people complaining about the people complaining about the DLC within DLC?

i was specifically talking about Basillon calling another weak minded.
29 Aug 2015, 00:12 AM

The issue with Relic's DLC system is it locks vital counters and units behind pay walls. Which is why I pray that the OKW howitzer counter is introduced non-doctrinally or to one of the stock commanders.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★