Login

russian armor

Feedback appreciated: 2vs2 USF/Sov VS 2x Wehr

27 Aug 2015, 12:14 PM

We (the Allies) both felt cheated by the CAS AT Strafe Super Wide Radius Instakill Kill-zone. While we did get caught off guard by the enemy tech choices, we both believe it would've been winnable if it weren't for the opponents commander choices.

While I do recognise I made some mistakes in my techpath,they seemed like the smartest thing to do at the time. The fact that our opponents had a dedicated strategy in mind did not help either.

Any feedback would be terribly appreciated :)

1 Sep 2015, 02:13 AM

I'll give it a watch as make points as I go, I'm by no means an expert but Ill see what I can do.

3:28 - I can't quite understand what you're protecting with your bunker. Its not watching a flank or CP, it's just kinda there.

6:26 - You both are floating a lot of manpower. A few more riflemen would have helped out. I've also see you pop some smoke without making much use of it by either nothing being there or just promptly retreating your units. While I applaud you for using such an effective tool, you just wasted about 60 muni.

7:00 - Another bunker goes up. While this one is protecting more than the first one, it will be very easy for them to kill especially with the 2 mortars they own.

7:00 - Looks like they've been able to hold both fuels since the beginning. I'm hoping to see a joint counter attack very soon because otheer with a surplus of fuel is a nightmare to go against.

8:24 - There went that poor bunker, at this point your really needed to tech up to T3 to get that sturt out. You are floating your fuel in a bad way.

8:44 Another smoke followed by a retreat. You haven't build any new units since the beginning, you did just get your greyhound but the shock value of a vehicle has kinda past. They probably have paks at this point.

9:40 Well done on getting them off that fuel point. They had it for a while so you need to get AT out for there upcoming armor. Still no tech made, I'm not sure what you're waiting for.

10:25 OHHHH NOOOO you went lieutenant. There is no possible way that is going to help you. In this patch the lieutenant tier just doesn't cut it at all, ever. This is a BIG no no there is no AT in there and with how long they've been hoarding fuel its just a waste of time and resources. This is a huge mark against you.

10:55 Another M8 will not help you. That fuel would have been better spent on serious armor.

11:15 Flakpanzer in on the front and you have nothing prepared for it.

16:23 Looks like you are joining up with your teammate to take some ground this is a smart move considering neither one of your can punch through on your own.

19:12 Looks like your teammate is blobbing his mgs in the open road. I feel like thats gonna end poorly.

19:22 Huh, when better than I thought. He still got that blob mentality though.

22:18 You have sooooooo much fuel and manpower it hurts to look at. There never a reason to have that much fuel in your bank.

23:24 The devil is your AT gun shooting at?

24:56 First CAS came in and surprisingly your teammates halftrack shoot it down instantly. Very atypical of them.

25:30 Second CAS comes and your teammate brings in a KV8... thats a shame

26:47 Nice take down of that Tiger

29:54 Well done taking second tiger out and finally getting an M4

33:33 Your teammates driving me nuts with that KV8 he just needs a IS2

35:55 You are floating resources again you have plenty for a Jackson or M4

40:46 That poor jackson

I stopped watching here cause I got the jist of it. So really the CAS was not really that big of a problem here. The only thing they did was kill 2 KV8's both of which were not contributing to the game. I only really paid attention to you and your game play so I can't say much for your teammate.

So in conclusion, floating resources, tech choice, and armor were the 3 biggest issues you struggled with. Its as if you had no idea what your plan was and just playing by ear. Always have a plan. Sorry if this all sounds like nitpicking but they were just things that stuck out to me.

Hope this helps lad
1 Sep 2015, 13:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I have indeed stopped since going LT since that game, the halftrack does not possess the shock power necessary and the lack of an AT gun does indeed hurt.

The floating ressources were indeed an stupid oversight on my part, which is a shame since I might've got some armor somewhat earlier. Would it have helped? Probably not, considering the CAS were keeping us pinned pretty badly.

As for the CAS only killing 2 KV8's, that is somewhat wrong. The damn things kept our infantry and armor pinned on our side of the map with no pushing capabilities. I have learned since that the CAS actually makes a recon pass before engaging the strafe, leaving it vulnerable to an AA halftrack, shame since I could've got one that game.

As for the lack of AT, we didn't realise they had built those caches so fast, the double flakpanzer completely took me by surprise.

All in all, a fairly cringeworthy game.
Thanks for providing feedback, appreciate it.
1 Sep 2015, 15:36 PM

You're welcome man, glad I can help. Your game wasn't so bad. I know it looks like I bitched about a lot but 95% was just little stuff. Unfortunately it's hard for US to counter CAS when skipping LT so dont feel to bad. Especially when those two were intentionally utilising there destructive prowess in this patch. I've seen some players use the top mounted Mgs on the m4 to counter CAS with pretty good success (you need 2-3 to be effective)

Good luck in your future games
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS