Should I buy PS4 or Xbox One?
Option Distribution Votes
88%
12%
Total votes: 17
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
22 Aug 2015, 15:45 PM

PS4 or Xbox One

I currently have a PS3 and still play games on there. I’m planning to pick up a next gen console in the near future when the next big deal comes out (be it labor day, local or far out as black Friday). I am in a bit of a quandary attempting to decide which console to pick up.

Xbox one vs PS4 exclusives. IMO this is more or less a wash. Top exclusives for me are Gear of War/Halo/Fable and possibly Forza/Titanfall vs God of War/Uncharted/Killzone and possibly Last of Us. I am more or less equally interested in both exclusive lineups and so it hardly tips the scales. I’m mostly interested in getting a next gen console for upcoming Fallout 4 and Battlefront 3.
Where I am stuck at is from everything I’ve read PS4 has better graphics/performance while Xbox one has better all-in-one. These are both pretty important to me. In the end graphic/performance will probably win out for me, but Sling TV and Kinect both look tempting.

I am curious though… What have been your experiences with either or both systems? How noticeable are the graphical differences? Are there any features about either system that really bug you? Does anybody own both or owned one and then exchanged it for the other? -- If so which is/was better and why? Anyone use Sling TV and if so how do you like it?

Please none of the “PC RULEZ FORGET ABOUT CONSOLES”… I have a PC and I know its merits and drawbacks. Also, please keep the xbox/PS fanboy nonsense to a minimum.
22 Aug 2015, 16:01 PM

Personally, it all comes down to the games and the PS4 is the better choice for me. Bloodborne, Uncharted, Horizon zero etc interest me a lot more than the xbone exclusives.

I honestly couldn't see any difference between the two systems visually wise but I am sure there is some.

I believe you should just go for the console which has the games you want to play the most.

22 Aug 2015, 16:19 PM

I have a PS4 and it's great for playing games you couldn't play on a low end PC, which is my situation.

Now I'm not into this cannot bashing either, every choice has merit, but I would advise that if you aren't bothered by exclusives and have a good PC, stick with that because the cost is likely not worth it.

I voted PS4 because I have experience with it and it's a great machine for running intensive games consistently well in a relaxed fashion where I can pick it up for a bit and shut it down when I like, so a console is good to have for casual relaxed gaming as well as playing things you otherwise can't run.
22 Aug 2015, 23:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge

id say when it comes down to it ps4 for the better exclusives unless you want the few xbox exclusives that they do have. ps4 will have more me thinks especially over time. where as Xbox will not have as many lasting exclusives. also if i were to buy a system for the exclusives it be the wii u hands down. :D

and note id say espeically since you have a gaming pc already the ps4 will have the most exclusives you cannot get on the pc.
m00
22 Aug 2015, 23:22 PM
Donator 11

I have an xbox one and I'm happy with it, even though it's mostly just a netflix machine. zzz. But the one gripe I have with it is the damn party chat, I can't believe how difficult it is to get that garbage working correctly sometimes. I wonder if PS4 has an easier time with that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★