Login

russian armor

SU76 - Free Barrage

What should there be done about the free barrage ability of the SU-76?
Option Distribution Votes
46%
4%
0%
35%
14%
0%
1%
Total votes: 136
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
20 Aug 2015, 07:37 AM

Sup :banana:

!!! I'm talking about 2v2's or up

I've played a few games the last couple of days and I encounter a lot of SU-76 spam.
I am very happy to see the unit finally in play, but it's a bit too much of a 'counter all and push the enemy of the map' for me, when it's used together with Zis's and Maxims.

I've seen a lot of plays where there are Zis's in the back and 2 or more SU-76's in the front, barraging everything away from MG's to packs.
Counter it with a tank? Flank it ? Yes, but on certain maps like Angermeunde, Minsk pocket or other narrow maps, it becomes almost impossible to flank it.

I feel that the free barrage ability should be changed. Packs are completely useless when you get barraged every 10 seconds.
I see a lot of similar opinions when I browse this website. So I'm curious about you guys's opinions.

Go! :banana:
20 Aug 2015, 07:40 AM

Sup :banana:

!!! I'm talking about 2v2's or up

I've played a few games the last couple of days and I encounter a lot of SU-76 spam.
I am very happy to see the unit finally in play, but it's a bit too much of a 'counter all and push the enemy of the map' for me, when it's used together with Zis's and Maxims.

I've seen a lot of plays where there are Zis's in the back and 2 or more SU-76's in the front, barraging everything away from MG's to packs.
Counter it with a tank? Flank it ? Yes, but on certain maps like Angermeunde, Minsk pocket or other narrow maps, it becomes almost impossible to flank it.

I feel that the free barrage ability should be changed. Packs are completely useless when you get barraged every 10 seconds.
I see a lot of similar opinions when I browse this website. So I'm curious about you guys's opinions.

Go! :banana:

So it is the problem with maps, not with SU-76? :foreveralone:
20 Aug 2015, 07:54 AM

I don't think so, I think it's more clear on more narrow maps.
We also encountered this on Semoisky.
20 Aug 2015, 07:56 AM

We also encountered this on Semoisky.

Semo is a horrible 2v2 map, way too crowded, way too many choke points and way too campy.

Regarding SU-76 itself, it already have incomparably longer cooldown then ZiS-3 barrage, its cooldown pretty much is as long as for any other barrage vehicle obviously without similar impact or effectiveness.
20 Aug 2015, 08:15 AM

I'm OK with adding cost for barrage if its consistency would be raised too. That ability is pretty much hit-or-miss. Either you score a decent hit with first shot (maybe with second too if playing against slowpoke) or it will end up with zero effect.

When I use my cooldown I expect to have some results, especially if I pay for it.
20 Aug 2015, 08:28 AM

The "free barrage" concept was acceptable when SU-76 used to suck (which was not long ago). It's only use was the barrage. But now, it's a good AT platform which can be spammed relatively easy. So IMO, there should be a change, either longer cooldown or Muni price. Imagine the shitstorm if StuG had a barrage like that.

Another idea is to greatly reduce it's AI power, but increase it's damage to buildings and bunkers and also make it's barrage are smaller.
20 Aug 2015, 08:54 AM

In its current state, it's not really worth Munitions or Veterancy. It's got high scatter and low radius. It's not really effective unless you use 2, and it doesn't have any shock value unless you use 3.

Plus if it gets nerfed, I admit I'd miss the beautiful sight of ZiS Batteries.
20 Aug 2015, 09:20 AM

I'm up for introducing munnition cost.
5-10 muni if it stays the same so spaming it would cost you in macro game.
Higher cost only if the ability itself were to be adjusted to reflect cost increase.
20 Aug 2015, 09:25 AM

I'm not.
As it stands the main reason why people are picking on the Su-76 is because of how cost effective it is at the time it arrives on the field.

2 Patches ago no one complained about how cost effective it was and the start of the nerf threads only began with the last patch so it stands to reason that the Su-76 is in itself fine, but when it arrives needs to be adjusted.

20 Aug 2015, 09:56 AM

Interesting thoughts. Well I just think free abilities at 0 VET in general aren't a good thing (Arty is of course another something). Maybe even 5 or 10 muni's make you think about using the ability rather than just 'yeah why not barrage' cause the cooldown is rather short.
20 Aug 2015, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 08:28 AMRMMLz
The "free barrage" concept was acceptable when SU-76 used to suck (which was not long ago). It's only use was the barrage. But now, it's a good AT platform which can be spammed relatively easy. So IMO, there should be a change, either longer cooldown or Muni price. Imagine the shitstorm if StuG had a barrage like that.

Another idea is to greatly reduce it's AI power, but increase it's damage to buildings and bunkers and also make it's barrage are smaller.

stug get op stop tank with TWP for 3 second so they are both fine when we compare these 2 units , not overall balance
20 Aug 2015, 10:44 AM

Every 10 seconds? Indeed...
20 Aug 2015, 10:46 AM

If they add a muni cost to it, it should become better. Usually it does nothing but waste it's ability to shoot at tanks or vehicles.
20 Aug 2015, 10:59 AM

20 Aug 2015, 11:38 AM

leave the su76 alone
20 Aug 2015, 12:06 PM

Permanently Banned
its fine
20 Aug 2015, 13:41 PM

stug get op stop tank with TWP for 3 second so they are both fine when we compare these 2 units , not overall balance

I'm not arguing StuG's TWP, but at least it help versus tanks (TWP is another discussion). StuG is pure AT unit (yes, it has a MG but still.) but SU76, at the current state is both AT and AI. StuG can't counter ATGs but SU-76 can.
20 Aug 2015, 14:00 PM
Donator 11

It's fine. It is already on an absurdly long cooldown and the scatter is insane unless you drive right up to the enemy.
20 Aug 2015, 14:01 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 13:41 PMRMMLz

I'm not arguing StuG's TWP, but at least it help versus tanks (TWP is another discussion). StuG is pure AT unit (yes, it has a MG but still.) but SU76, at the current state is both AT and AI. StuG can't counter ATGs but SU-76 can.

SU-76 can only counter paks depending on how much :hansRNG: loves you that day.
20 Aug 2015, 22:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

leave the su76 alone

Leave Britney alone!

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak