Login

russian armor

Using mortars: attack ground or specific target

18 Aug 2015, 18:10 PM

I remember watching an instructional video awhile ago where the user showed that specifically targeting a squad such as MG crew with mortar was less accurate than barrage command on the their position. Is that still the case? I love mortars for both Germans and SU (esp the 120 mm HM) but it's so frustrating when you can use the barrage command and the MG or AT gun packs up and you can just halt the barrage and issue new barrage command until it finishes cool down. What is the current best strategy with mortars? Do you selectively attack the groups you want or do you use barrage command?
18 Aug 2015, 21:14 PM

Is this the right section? I haven't posted on here in a long time. Thanks.
20 Aug 2015, 06:41 AM

20 Aug 2015, 07:09 AM

This is the right section for questions like this :P

Soviet mortars barrage is the right choice against support weapons and for the ostheer mortar, you should only use the barrage against houses since it's extremely inaccurate

20 Aug 2015, 16:12 PM

So is that true for both the standard 82mm and 120mm for SU? Thanks so much for quick reply.

Also, did the bulletin for reduced scatter on Ostheer mortars ever get fixed.
21 Aug 2015, 07:23 AM

I don't really know if the bulletin have been fixed, since i'm not a fan of mortar bulletins anyways (I've been using triple mine bulletins for almost 3 months as ostheer) but all i've heard is that the bulletins have been fixed

And about the soviet mortars, it's the same with both the mortars
21 Aug 2015, 07:35 AM

Barrages are pretty good against static units (MG's, ...)
It's not because it's more inaccurate that it's less good. A mortar is not only meant for killing units, but also for pushing back enemy static units. If you see a mortar falling next to your MG, 9/10 times you'll reposition the MG. So without even killing units, the mortar barrage can be a good tool to push enemy units out of their position.
21 Aug 2015, 18:03 PM

Barrages are pretty good against static units (MG's, ...)
It's not because it's more inaccurate that it's less good. A mortar is not only meant for killing units, but also for pushing back enemy static units. If you see a mortar falling next to your MG, 9/10 times you'll reposition the MG. So without even killing units, the mortar barrage can be a good tool to push enemy units out of their position.

So if my front line combat is say rifles versus my grenadiers and I have a mortar set up would you let them auto fire/target the mobile rifles or tell them to attack a specific squad?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★