Login

russian armor

Updating the Guide Section

13 Aug 2015, 18:44 PM

Hello and sorry that I may have posted in the wrong forum section

I am lurking here since a while and I discovered that although there are some nice guides presenting available commanders and units, some or even many of them are outdated. One example for this is the current discussion about the SturmTiger. I could not even find the unit anywhere, until I discovered that Elite Armor Doctrine for OKW has changed multiple times, apparantly, and now features said SturmTiger.

However, the OKW Commander Guide still says that the Elite Armor Doctrine features a "Veteran Panzer IV Ausf J. Battle Group". Other guides are missing essential changes as well and I have a hard time searching for certain units sometimes. For example, I still didn't find the StormTroopers mentioned anywhere. According to other sites about CoH2, there seems to be a much larger number of available Commanders for Ostheer and Soviets than those which are listed in CoH2 guides.

Something like that normally doesn't happen if the game is still well supported by the community so I worry a bit. Maybe someone could initiate an overhaul of the guides? Or should I contact the authors directly, rather?
13 Aug 2015, 19:03 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 18:44 PMQbix
Hello and sorry that I may have posted in the wrong forum section

I am lurking here since a while and I discovered that although there are some nice guides presenting available commanders and units, some or even many of them are outdated. One example for this is the current discussion about the SturmTiger. I could not even find the unit anywhere, until I discovered that Elite Armor Doctrine for OKW has changed multiple times, apparantly, and now features said SturmTiger.

However, the OKW Commander Guide still says that the Elite Armor Doctrine features a "Veteran Panzer IV Ausf J. Battle Group". Other guides are missing essential changes as well and I have a hard time searching for certain units sometimes. For example, I still didn't find the StormTroopers mentioned anywhere. According to other sites about CoH2, there seems to be a much larger number of available Commanders for Ostheer and Soviets than those which are listed in CoH2 guides.

Something like that normally doesn't happen if the game is still well supported by the community so I worry a bit. Maybe someone could initiate an overhaul of the guides? Or should I contact the authors directly, rather?

I started working on updating the guides that cant fall out of the meta or become hopelessly outdated with patches and become irrelevant (commander guides, unit guides)

So far I've done USF,and a little bit of the other factions.
I haven't got around to updating the commander guides at all.

certain commander guides aren't updated because they aren't apart of the meta anymore,and are so hopelessly outdated and aren't worth spending the time to update them, the guide basically has to be totally rewritten.

13 Aug 2015, 19:17 PM

Thanks for the answer. I always thought of CoH2.org as some kind of database, accompanied by a forum.

I'd really like to see comprehensive "guides" for every single Commander and unit in the game, no matter if they are being used or not. :( There are links to DPS spreadsheets, veterancy guides etc. so I thought this could be a place to go to and read about every detail of the game. :-)
13 Aug 2015, 19:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 19:17 PMQbix
Thanks for the answer. I always thought of CoH2.org as some kind of database, accompanied by a forum.

I'd really like to see comprehensive "guides" for every single Commander and unit in the game, no matter if they are being used or not. :( There are links to DPS spreadsheets, veterancy guides etc. so I thought this could be a place to go to and read about every detail of the game. :-)

I always wanted a wiki here combining all those outside sources but unless you know a group of people that can help the Higherups code it into the site, it'll be pretty hard to implement.

But don't worry, I'll step up my game and get them updated, I kinda got lazy...
13 Aug 2015, 21:42 PM

Okay, I will be patient.
26 Aug 2015, 22:31 PM

Maybe add a note "outdated" to the outdated guides? I've just started playing COH2 so that would help :)
26 Aug 2015, 22:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 22:31 PMMaert
Maybe add a note "outdated" to the outdated guides? I've just started playing COH2 so that would help :)

good idea
26 Aug 2015, 23:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 22:31 PMMaert

+1
27 Aug 2015, 11:05 AM
Admin Red  Badge

I am currently working on the update of my guide. The last patches plus the incoming and Brits change too much in CoH2 to let your guide remain unaltered. My hope is that other guide authors will follow my example. :snfPeter:
27 Aug 2015, 11:26 AM
Patrion 27

This

http://www.coh2.org/topic/36347/cruzz-s-the-more-you-know

should be added in the guide section. It's really informative.
29 Aug 2015, 04:27 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Well after some long hard stressful update sessions, all the faction commander/unit guides are up to date,pending this next patch where relic overhauls the entire game again. :snfPeter:

Regarding out dated/out of meta commander guides, those that are outdated will be reviewed,and tagged as being so at the beginning of the guide,whether they end up updated at all is completely up to the author.
29 Aug 2015, 07:26 AM
Patrion 27

29 Aug 2015, 12:33 PM

Well after some long hard stressful update sessions, all the faction commander/unit guides are up to date,pending this next patch where relic overhauls the entire game again. :snfPeter

Well thanks.

Although, after taking a quick look, the Stormtroopers are still missing from the doctrinal unit section in the Ostheer Unit Guide.

Plus, does one need special tools in order to create guides oneself or are all those images (Commander and unit portraits etc) available freely somewhere?
29 Aug 2015, 12:39 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 12:33 PMQbix

Well thanks.

Although, after taking a quick look, the Stormtroopers are still missing from the doctrinal unit section in the Ostheer Unit Guide.

Plus, does one need special tools in order to create guides oneself or are all those images (Commander and unit portraits etc) available freely somewhere?

When you want to create guides, apply as a Strategist ^^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS