Login

russian armor

The SturmTiger

PAGES (7)down
13 Aug 2015, 15:34 PM

Currently the Sturmtiger is essentially a mobile B4 that does alot more damage, this unit is in my opinion a new balance issue.

This unit can be acquired as early as the 15 minute mark, it requires no teching to a tier at all and only costs 560mp and 160 fuel. Its main cannon shot does ridiculous damage and if Im not mistaken will 1 shot anything everytime. It also soaks damage like it's going out of fashion.

So lets talk counters. Relic has extended the fuel requirement for tier 4 as the USF to 120fuel, so getting a tank out at the same time is very hard to do, you have a Jackson at the best, good luck trying to take the Sturmtiger down too a low health value due to Volk support.

AT guns are the worst counter as they provide free XP to the Sturmtiger, static positions just get murdered with ease.

This unit just creates a situation where you cannot move out of the map due to its sheer presence, you lose the map as 4 Volks with shreks just cruize around with the Sturmtiger and maybe a Luchs or some MG's wiping vet 3 Rifle after vet 3 Rifle thus bleeding you out.

Thoughts?
13 Aug 2015, 15:43 PM

we are fked my dear :|

relic seems to dont care about this ,now sturmtiger is just doing what was supposed to do. at all it shouldn't be in the game i think, cuz is too powerful.
13 Aug 2015, 15:44 PM

only costs 560mp and 160 fuel....yeah lol,sturmtiger is ok now no need to change (still a niche unit.....you can see several replays with sturtiger being useless and and u can easily play against it if you just keep moving.
13 Aug 2015, 15:59 PM

It locks you into an aggresively useless commander. If he has gone elite armor that means no Jadgtiger, no Fuss, no JLI, ect. Make use of the fact he will be relying on just Volks and Obers.

If you want to sight it before it fires Pathfinders are excellent for the job, but I think your issues are more with USF being kinda eh in the meta right now as opposed to the Sturmtiger being to good.

As soviets it's extremely easy to deal with, just got ISU or IS2 and he's fucked.
13 Aug 2015, 16:15 PM

Permanently Banned
u can easily play against it if you just keep moving.

13 Aug 2015, 16:32 PM

I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the thought process of taking away precision shot from the b4 due to it's wiping potential, then buffing a unit who's entire schtick is wiping.
13 Aug 2015, 16:38 PM

As soviets it's extremely easy to deal with, just got ISU or IS2 and he's fucked.

Both these units are available at around 14 CP, if you can pull a Sturmtiger at 15 minutes how do you expect to not bleed to death by the time you need them?

Its something you need to experience vs a good player, proper AT support and Infi support and its untouchable. In a 1v1 environment its just a massive problem.

Surely the counter to a Commander unit shouldnt be locked into another commander? USF and Soviets both.
13 Aug 2015, 16:45 PM

I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the thought process of taking away precision shot from the b4 due to it's wiping potential, then buffing a unit who's entire schtick is wiping.

The Sturmtiger doesn't have 250 range.

Both these units are available at around 14 CP, if you can pull a Sturmtiger at 15 minutes how do you expect to not bleed to death by the time you need them?

And the Sturmtiger comes at 11 CP. And CP is gathered fairly quick later into the game. It's like how Howitzers can be built at 8 CP and Stuka bombing strike doesn't unlock till 12 CP.

Its something you need to experience vs a good player, proper AT support and Infi support and its untouchable. In a 1v1 environment its just a massive problem.

Anything with proper AT and infantry support is untouchable.

Surely the counter to a Commander unit shouldnt be locked into another commander? USF and Soviets both.

Sadly this is how the game works. To counter artillery you HAVE to pick a commander with a counter as Axis or you will be fighting at a very severe disadvantage. Good commander counters are ones with artillery and bombing strikes that can kill the Sturmtiger while it's reloading.

The Sturmtiger is a necessary evil, OKW has very little in the way of blob counters due to no non-doctrinal MG and the doctrinal MG being a popcorn sprayer.
13 Aug 2015, 16:47 PM

13 Aug 2015, 16:49 PM

The ISU wipes squad with almost every shot, on a lot shorter reload. As pointed out in the last thread. Squad wipes are not unique to the Sturmtiger.
13 Aug 2015, 16:56 PM

The B4 wasnt mounted on a tank. You dont need range when its mobile. That makes it better for many reasons

Good commander counters are ones with artillery and bombing strikes that can kill the Sturmtiger while it's reloading.

The Sturmtiger is a necessary evil, OKW has very little in the way of blob counters due to no non-doctrinal MG and the doctrinal MG being a popcorn sprayer.

Whats the first thing you do when you see a recon run and you have a stationary unit? You move. Artillery it when it reloads? All these suggestions are just ideal situations which will 98 out of 100 times never happen.
13 Aug 2015, 16:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It locks you into an aggresively useless commander. If he has gone elite armor that means no Jadgtiger, no Fuss, no JLI, ect. Make use of the fact he will be relying on just Volks and Obers.

If you want to sight it before it fires Pathfinders are excellent for the job, but I think your issues are more with USF being kinda eh in the meta right now as opposed to the Sturmtiger being to good.

Funny thing about sturmtiger is it actually kills IS2 and ISU stupidly easy.

Watched sib lose 2-3 IS2 to the sturmtiger the other day

And I'm certain you can just drive right up to an ISU with rake tens and blast ISUs. JP4+ sturmtiger is just a dead ISU.
13 Aug 2015, 16:59 PM

The ISU wipes squad with almost every shot, on a lot shorter reload. As pointed out in the last thread. Squad wipes are not unique to the Sturmtiger.

Cant compare the two at all. One has much more destructive power and is cheaper and comes sooner.

You cannot sit there and say that the HE shells on the ISU wipe more than the cannon of the sturmtiger?
13 Aug 2015, 17:04 PM

Cant compare the two at all. One has much more destructive power and is cheaper and comes sooner.

You cannot sit there and say that the HE shells on the ISU wipe more than the cannon of the sturmtiger?

Being able to 1 shot a squad every few seconds is a hell of a lot more than 1 squad every minute and some change. The Sturmtiger isn't cheaper either; adjusted for the fuel disability the Sturmtiger costs as much as an ISU does ( 160*1.5=240).

Funny thing about sturmtiger is it actually kills IS2 and ISU stupidly easy.

:luvDerp:

lol

And I'm certain you can just drive right up to an ISU with rake tens and blast ISUs. JP4+ sturmtiger is just a dead ISU.

:sibPheasant:

The B4 wasnt mounted on a tank. You dont need range when its mobile. That makes it better for many reasons

You can't just drive around were ever you want due to mines, enemy AT, ect. With the B4 you could shoot into the enemies base.

Whats the first thing you do when you see a recon run and you have a stationary unit? You move. Artillery it when it reloads? All these suggestions are just ideal situations which will 98 out of 100 times never happen.

How much have you used the Sturmtiger since the new patch?
13 Aug 2015, 17:16 PM

Good point, I almost forgot about the sturmtiger's muni cost and B4's ability to roll around.
13 Aug 2015, 17:16 PM

You can't just drive around were ever you want due to mines, enemy AT, ect. With the B4 you could shoot into the enemies base.

Of course not, but units do move onto the map at some stages of the game :luvDerp: , Sturmtiger moves to the area of the map too nuke another squad and can easily dodge CAS recon run and Stuka, unlike the B4

How much have you used the Sturmtiger since the new patch?

If i had used and abused the Sturmtiger I wouldnt be here would I? :romeoHype:
13 Aug 2015, 18:17 PM

Sturmtiger is more expensive but also mobile and a way harder to kill B4 with free precision strike.

Such units should not be in game at all.

Reduce range to 40 or keep it but remove shooting thorugh everything.
Even B4 direct hit for 90ammo cannot pierce collapsed building :foreveralone:

As for the doctrine it does not limit your elite infantry nor heavy tanks, opposite to counter attack (no late game tanks or off maps)
13 Aug 2015, 18:29 PM

Permanently Banned

Reduce range to 40 or keep it but remove shooting thorugh everything.

Hell no!

40 is too low and it should shoot through objects.
13 Aug 2015, 18:31 PM

Permanently Banned
Just going to point out that sturmtiger does 640 damage, because no one else said it. It will not one shot heavies.
13 Aug 2015, 18:59 PM
Donator 22

are you sure? I've never seen that a sturmtiger killed an heavy tank.....

they only changed the penetration and the sturmtiger has 5 morge range right?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS