Login

russian armor

Keep reversing man!!!

12 Aug 2015, 15:39 PM

hi all, I find really annoying when you order your tank to reverse and get out of danger, and then, your vehicle start to turn 360º or whatever because pathfinding problems...

In those situations, I find that if you keep pressing "U" and clicking on the map (so keep ordering it to reverse once and another and anohter and another) helps to get your tank out of problems faster than if you let your tank do all that shitty movements and turns after ordering "reverse" first time...

Is there a better way/trick to do this????? because if you keep ordering to your tank to reverse, you have more chances of save that tank in danger, but of course, you can´t be in other places microing units....lot of times I saved my tank just to discover than a vet3 rifle squad was wiped in other place of the map while I was bussy trying to get my tank out of problems as fast as possible.

Any tips????

ufff sorry, my english is so horrid....I hope you get the point.

I hope strategy desk is a not bad section to put this question....
12 Aug 2015, 18:02 PM
Donator 11

Nah, the strategy desk is the perfect section.

For me it's quite simply avoiding narrow positions, meaning don't be too close to anything, and then picking a reverse path far at the back. So don't a-move on areas with obstacles, try to stay in positions with room to breath (especially if you want to reverse).
This will mostly (!) avoid weird pathing issues.
12 Aug 2015, 18:20 PM

"Keep reversing man"

:D
12 Aug 2015, 19:49 PM
Donator 11

"Keep reversing man"

:D

Should be a voice over for sure by now :D
12 Aug 2015, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2015, 19:49 PMkamk

Should be a voice over for sure by now :D

I was thinking the exact same thing :D :banana:
13 Aug 2015, 06:41 AM

Thanks guys!! :D

@Kamk, so is it better to click the most far away you can??? so avoiding to click right in the back of your tank but some "meters" away???

Thanks too for the others tips Kamk, I already handle my tanks so they don´t block the patch each others, coz I found that when two or three tanks has to pass through a bridge or any other narrow place, if my tanks are less bunched, they perform better the reverse order....
13 Aug 2015, 07:52 AM
Donator 11

Both. Clicking farther away will ensure better pathing overall, and it will be easier to set the proper angle of reverse.
Not being too close to objects will avoid the fancy pirouette for sure.

Yup, as mentioned above, the initial placement is highly important. Anything that can't be crushed is basically an obstacle and might cause undesired behavior, which includes other tanks, support weapons, etc.
13 Aug 2015, 11:30 AM

Thanks a lot Kamk, now I know how to handle my tanks in a safer way, with all your tips.

Much appreciatted.
14 Aug 2015, 09:51 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 07:52 AMkamk
Anything that can't be crushed is basically an obstacle and might cause undesired behavior, which includes other tanks, support weapons, etc.

Don't forget the flags in the centre of points. Exhibit A
14 Aug 2015, 10:20 AM
Donator 11

Don't forget the flags in the centre of points. Exhibit A

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2015, 07:52 AMkamk
...Anything that can't be crushed is basically an obstacle and might cause undesired behavior...

Good example of yours.
You probably reversed somewhere to the right, so the pathing would include that narrow path around the flagpole into the right road entry.

Sadly there's plenty of flagpoles causing this :/
14 Aug 2015, 16:02 PM
Patrion 15

I still don't understand why flagpoles need to be objects in this game. They are basically pointless and are the cause of so many pathing problems. If vehicles could path through them that alone would be enough to solve a lot of pathing issues.
14 Aug 2015, 16:54 PM

I still don't understand why flagpoles need to be objects in this game. They are basically pointless and are the cause of so many pathing problems. If vehicles could path through them that alone would be enough to solve a lot of pathing issues.

+1
14 Aug 2015, 18:06 PM
Donator 11

Yup, but vehicles shouldn't path through them, due immersion, basic CP flagpoles should be removed altogether.
14 Aug 2015, 18:37 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2015, 18:06 PMkamk

Yup, but vehicles shouldn't path through them, due immersion, basic CP flagpoles should be removed altogether.

Screw immersion! It's important to an extent but IMO it looks just as bad and silly when tanks derp around the flag pole like they couldn't just drive over it anyway.

I'm with you on just removing the flagpoles all together
14 Aug 2015, 19:00 PM

It can even be worse. I once had a situation where my panther drove up on a bridge at the exact same moment 3 shermans drove up from the opposite direction, the first sherman clipped through my panther and the other two stopped the panther from further moving forward, the clipped sherman blocked my panther from the rear. :foreveralone:
It then started twisting 360 degrees whilst getting shot at and trying to shoot the shermans. No matter what I ordered it to do, it wanted to do its own thing. :foreveralone:

This clipping and pathing issue still haunts my dreams nightly :foreveralone:
16 Aug 2015, 20:19 PM

I have one quadstion . sometimes i want to block enemy tank but they dont bash to each other they just blick thought each other and it get away . Why this happens ?
17 Aug 2015, 13:19 PM
Donator 11

I have one quadstion . sometimes i want to block enemy tank but they dont bash to each other they just blick thought each other and it get away . Why this happens ?

Random bug, lag? Nobody knows, and it's more or less a rare occasion.

Hit the stop button if your tank is behind another one, that seems to mostly solve the "phasing issue".
22 Aug 2015, 01:05 AM
Benefactor 340

yeah thats always been a problem unless you do ram with a t-34 the unit collision works weird you end up with a tank humping situation i would like to see more physical contact features beween tanks like being able to ram and de track a tank or stun the crew or cause the engine to stall
24 Aug 2015, 02:58 AM

I felt the pain of reverse pathfinding, 1 time i have a kubel between two buildings enemy infantry overwhelm my SP in front, like 4 sqs from two players, so I use reverse order as the kubel back to only cover the path between two building, what the kubel did is go forward and made half circle then try to reverse, of course it wasn't even made back to between the two building.

so I agree to click farther than what u want it back to use stop key while it is backing to where u plan it to be. is much easier.

also change the hotkey lay out to grid (i don't remember the name) R key become your reverse key which is much closer than U, and stop is W. Only trouble i have is Retreat and reverse is at same key, which doesn't matter on most units as they only have one option, however I find it very trouble some as OKW AT gun as it have retreat instead of reverse and it doesnt have reverse. so many many times i accidentally press the retreat when i really want is reverse back it to behind my defense line. I really wish they add reverse option at where it suppose to be then give a retreat button somewhere else.
24 Aug 2015, 14:58 PM

I felt the pain of reverse pathfinding, 1 time i have a kubel between two buildings enemy infantry overwhelm my SP in front, like 4 sqs from two players, so I use reverse order as the kubel back to only cover the path between two building, what the kubel did is go forward and made half circle then try to reverse, of course it wasn't even made back to between the two building.

so I agree to click farther than what u want it back to use stop key while it is backing to where u plan it to be. is much easier.

also change the hotkey lay out to grid (i don't remember the name) R key become your reverse key which is much closer than U, and stop is W. Only trouble i have is Retreat and reverse is at same key, which doesn't matter on most units as they only have one option, however I find it very trouble some as OKW AT gun as it have retreat instead of reverse and it doesnt have reverse. so many many times i accidentally press the retreat when i really want is reverse back it to behind my defense line. I really wish they add reverse option at where it suppose to be then give a retreat button somewhere else.

pretty sure you already knows, but, my feelings with "R" and "U" were the same than you....until I discovered the autohotkey thing, and it is really nice. In example if I have selected two cons squads and one atgun, I can give order to reverse to my atgun while I have selected the two rifles and the atgun, and my rifles won´t retreat...its really usefull for me at least, it makes my micro easier....

Now, my reverse is always "E" and retreat "R" so I don´t have the problem you described here.

Give it a try!!! very nice tool mate.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 38
unknown 26
Mexico 13
Germany 967

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L