Login

russian armor

Map Control

12 Aug 2015, 14:00 PM

Hello, I have been playing company of heroes 2 for quite some time, however I wouldn't go so far as to say I am a very good player (decent on a good day). I was wondering if anyone had some tips/tricks (any help at all really) on how to improve my map control when playing as OST? I find I usually end up either spreading myself too thin opening myself up to flank attacks or I get tunnel vision and lose too much map control.
Thanks in advance
23 Aug 2015, 07:49 AM
Benefactor 340

Hello, I have been playing company of heroes 2 for quite some time, however I wouldn't go so far as to say I am a very good player (decent on a good day). I was wondering if anyone had some tips/tricks (any help at all really) on how to improve my map control when playing as OST? I find I usually end up either spreading myself too thin opening myself up to flank attacks or I get tunnel vision and lose too much map control.
Thanks in advance

Hi DustBucket. Smart MG play on 1v1 maps is a good way to lock down area of the map that your grens can't cover also building more grens in your opening may help to also OST are designed to start week so I'd try to focus on the fuel for a fast t3 as now that sovets don't get t-34 at t3 you can push with a p4 or stug just hold on until then and go .222 against quad rush or pack if you can micro it pack play is a little more advanced than just making a couple .222
23 Aug 2015, 10:27 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Don't feel too bad about it, ostheer isn't really known too much for their map control really.

You should Tunnel vision on 1 vp 1 fuel 1 muni(which is ENOUGH map control; all you need is ENOUGH)and gradually spread out as your units scale and vet.

Don't lose units or team weapons to the enemy, and you can always comeback. if something goes awry and your lines crack.

23 Aug 2015, 10:41 AM

Permanently Banned
Here is some good gameplay of how to position your support weapons and general map control for Ostheer.

This is from a very good player btw:

23 Aug 2015, 21:12 PM

Thank you very much. You guys have been helpful :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 744
unknown 20
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L