Login

russian armor

Minefield

10 Aug 2015, 13:53 PM

pretty simple, i would like to put in a minefield on my map.

i found a few minefield placeables on the map, but they dont seem to work, do i need to do something to make the mines work? or is there another placeable that works?
10 Aug 2015, 14:58 PM
Patrion 15

I don't really know, but one of the maps already released has working mines pre-placed in - Vielsalm or something like that - so couldn't you open that up and see what is used there?

Also, got a question for you based off of your signature...

Knightsubzero, What do you hear?
10 Aug 2015, 20:22 PM

Most likely, you are placing the wrong object. Some objects are for visible aesthetics only, and have no actual function. Keep looking for different objects that are mines. I'm thinking they will be located with the weapons that can be placed on map and picked up. There is a slight chance, they also don't exist in the object list, and you will need to stamp them from a map that has them working as intended. Similar to the light post situation.

Also, individual mines will work the best, not a minefield object. Be sure to set them to world as owner, if you want them to be indiscriminate.
10 Aug 2015, 20:45 PM

use the mines located in ebps-->races-->"facton"-->buildings-->defensive_structures
and has to be owned by a player and will trigger on a enemy unit.
10 Aug 2015, 21:50 PM

Knightsubzero, What do you hear?

Nothing but the rain!
10 Aug 2015, 21:53 PM
Patrion 15

Nothing but the rain!

Then grab your gun and bring in the cat!
11 Aug 2015, 14:06 PM

use the mines located in ebps-->races-->"facton"-->buildings-->defensive_structures
and has to be owned by a player and will trigger on a enemy unit.

Very interesting. Haven't used them since COH1, and you could assign to world then. Good to know, thanks for the correction!
11 Aug 2015, 14:21 PM

Very interesting. Haven't used them since COH1, and you could assign to world then. Good to know, thanks for the correction!

If they are assigned to world they don't trigger on anyone, since world is neutral to both teams.
To create a minefield that is hostile to both teams you'll need to place mines owned by both "team-leaders" and hidden under a medium-level top-layer (snow or mud)
13 Aug 2015, 07:38 AM

Thanks guys and iron medic that did the job.

basically i used a combination of all of those mines that you mentioned under the ebps-->races-->"facton"-->buildings-->defensive_structures

and assigned half to player 1 and half to player 5, just like real mines i buried them in the ground so only the detonator was showing. but i marked the minefield anyway.

it makes a big bang when they go off!

if you want to check it out, try out my map link below, cheers.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498462162

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS