Login

russian armor

SU-76 Spam?

10 Aug 2015, 04:34 AM

What's the best way to deal with SU-76s in 1v1? I tried StuGs. Didn't feel cost-effective enough.
15 Aug 2015, 01:51 AM
Patrion 310

The meta is still evolving. But imo I think heavy infantry + AT wall + P4/Ostwind as AI support is where the meta will go to unless a new patch change the meta again.

SU76 need;
a) AI support to be effective AT
b) LOS as it cant spot for itself
c) Cant chase armor and force an engagement like medium tanks

Perhabs one of the biggest armor weakness of soviet T3 this patch are that without T4 they have no medium tanks to chase werh armor. So if soviet dont have any medium tanks, werh armor dont really need to force an engagement with SU76. Just be mobile and wreak havoc on his manpower. As long you stay mobile SU76 cant do much AI with its barrage.

In short, werh focus on winning the manpower war not the AT war until later. Focus armor on killing his infantry and T70/quad.
When the time is right, push the SU76s back with shreaks + faust + pak40. Osttruppen are great to recrew your AT guns and faust.

As for commanders it depends whatever werh want a strong early/mid game or late game. Puma are great as mobile counter to the first T3 vehicles but without late game doctrine Tiger/TA/JU-87/call in arty to deal with IS2 or Ml20 base rape it can be a tough late game.

Hope that helps and don't be afraid to experiment. Top 1vs1 ladder players are not always the best players to challenge the meta play. Why? Because those that experiment are usual gonna lose more games, but its a good way to avoid getting bored. I would personal recommend watching the Luvnest stream/VODs, as one of the few top Axis players that are not afraid to experiment.
17 Aug 2015, 18:55 PM
17 Aug 2015, 19:11 PM

Another weakness of SU-76 is they have a pretty horrid turn rate, if you can flank/blitz (What you can use Blitz offensively!?) past them initially its pretty much GG SU-76s.
18 Aug 2015, 07:55 AM

A great counter to the SU-76 is the Puma. Since I normally use Mobile Defense, I'll make 2 Pumas usually and if I spot a SU-76 on the field I'll just flank around the map and come up behind them quick enough to take advantage of the Puma's maneuverability and knock it out before it becomes a threat.
18 Aug 2015, 08:08 AM

I'd love to see the barrage having a longer cooldown. A pakwall doesn't really do the trick cause of the barrage that follows instantly.
22 Aug 2015, 00:57 AM
Benefactor 340

Id never actually used su-76 untill it was moved down to t3 i feel like the su-76 vs puma could go either way depending on who had better micro, being an assault gun i think pgrens shwrecked up are a good answer or as okw volks. i think the barrage needs more of a cool down but if you keep you infantry moving you can avoid getting caught not to mention that it is easy for the soviet player to get two out by the mid game while the OKW player may struggle with fuel if they are not taking most of the map.
28 Aug 2015, 21:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I usually counter SU-76 with a combination of PaK40 and PIV: Whilst the PaK40 initiate an engagement my PIV flanks them. If they barrage my PaK40 I just reposition it and start to fire again since SU-76 have to react to my PIV unless they want to be destroyed. Backing up the offense with infantry will be needed to protect the PaK40 and possibly faust.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★