Login

russian armor

Assault Engies vs OKW?

3 Aug 2015, 15:53 PM
Donator 33

Hey guys. :) I just wanted to hear your thoughts on Assault engies from Armor Doc vs OKW...

I've been trying them out recently, and they seem to stand up better than rifles vs OKW, especially against StormPios. As it allows me to win the first engagement a bit easier and gain map control rather fast in the first few minutes of the game.

As I can still do the usual Tech from. Engies > Captain > Stuart.

Anyway would like to hear some thoughts on this in higher ranked play against OKW. To see if this is a viable counter to the early annoyance of StormPios.
3 Aug 2015, 16:23 PM

OKW engis far more better then muricans engis. With flames they will do better, but they are more support unit.
3 Aug 2015, 16:58 PM
Donator 11

Whenever I've been able to use them effectively it's been because I've diverted sturm fire with a rear echelon before getting in close with an assault engie. Otherwise assault engies tend to get wrecked on the approach.
3 Aug 2015, 17:10 PM

THEY'RE GREAT. :foreveralone:
3 Aug 2015, 17:28 PM

They won't win agasint SP unless, lik said above, you will bait SP with other squad and sneak close, then maybe you will win.

Spamming them is not good solution. Can be used as a buidling cleaners and for demo charges but not as a mainline infantry.
5 Aug 2015, 19:50 PM

Light AT mines are good.
5 Aug 2015, 20:04 PM

Light AT mines are good.

I remember reading somewhere that Light AT mines were bugged. Something along the lines of the chance of a critical not increasing after the 3rd or 4th mine. Is that true/still the case?

Is there a magic number that you should group them by to be most effective?

I like the idea of the light mines since I think most players don't expect them. I suppose another option is to pair 1 Light Mine on top of a Demo so that the domino effect triggers the demo. XD
6 Aug 2015, 05:57 AM

I normally use them in groups of 3 in narrow choke points. If you Infantry Company they're a good way of protecting Jacksons/HMCs late game from Panthers Pumas and P4s.

In Armor they're good if you go T1 an want to kill a 222 without spending 60 muni.
17 Aug 2015, 21:52 PM

In my experience I've only ever been able to kill units that are far weaker than the Assault engies with them. If you go up against anyone with substantial firepower, they will wipe the floor with your whole squad after you only got one model of theirs.
29 Aug 2015, 04:17 AM
Benefactor 340

In my experience I've only ever been able to kill units that are far weaker than the Assault engies with them. If you go up against anyone with substantial firepower, they will wipe the floor with your whole squad after you only got one model of theirs.

i agree the time that it takes to close the distance and become effective a few men have already died they dont have the durability of shock troops and seem fragile like pgrens

i think whether the beat strum pios or not depends on how the strum pios are microed if they aren't moving or are in cover they will most likely defeat and advance assault eng squad
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★