Login

russian armor

Feedback Request: 1v1 as Soviets

3 Aug 2015, 02:13 AM
Donator 11

Probably commander choice combined with lack of T2 and then teching to T4 when I had no fuel. I just kind of gave up about 20 minutes in.

Feedback appreciated.

I realize its pretty nooby play but I can't get better if I don't ask for help. :luvDerp:
3 Aug 2015, 07:18 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Ill check it out tomorrow for you :sibWaddle:
3 Aug 2015, 21:23 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

The most immediate thing that jumps out to me is that your engineer went off to the side to cap. This is a mistake, north spawn has an advantage when it comes to securing that main house in the middle ( the most crucial garrison on the map). Your job for the engineers should be to cap the cutoff by the stonewalls and immediately secure the house to gain information on possible units rushing to the mid, like sturmpioneers. IF you see that the coast is clear, this gives your engineers room to wire off the truck to the left of the house, or push his cut off and wire the gap between the stonewalls to change his normal retreat path ( ensuring more chances for wipes on his units), as well as being super annoying.

Another thing I am noticing is you are floating a bit too much in the early game. You need to keep track of your MP and build your units ASAP, in this case conscripts, as soon as possible to take advantage of your numerical superiority as allies in the early game. The longer it takes for your units to hit the field, the more time your opponent has to solidify their positions.

After you built your T1, there was no reason not to go with your engies and cap the little island on your end of the map, resources are resources. The m3 could easily pick you up afterwards.

Your two conscripts around the 6th minute mark had no business just staying in the red cover road for the entire time they did. You could have easily wiped those sturmpioneers if you took a cover position near the garrisons or somewhere without red cover. ( and again, you are floating too much. )

around the 9mn mark, why did you not finish uncapping his cutoff to your fuel? you need to be constantly harassing your opponents income, and bruteforcing him off the fuel is a lot less efficient than simply cutting him off and forcing him to come to you.

And another side note, when you open T1 as soviet you must be wary of a 251 flak counter. You can either tech to T3 as you did fast enough or set up an ambush with conscript AT grenades and guards or guards with a clown car. Look to see if his squads are healed up, because at this stage in the game the OKW has 100% built his tech structure.

You are also floating a bit too much munitions, you could have gotten out a second engineer to plant mines and demoes to help you ward off/ kill infantry. At this stage you know that he went mech regiment and that a puma will be coming to counter your T70. You must prepare for these counters even if you do not see them yet.

It seems like you are a bit frustrated after your T70 dies and you are attempting to dislodge your opponent from the mid area while blobbing, while it does give you limited success in killing the 251 flak you must know to retain your cool. You are engaging cost ineffectively by trying to dislodge his units from the house with guards that are not even in cover. If you know you cant win the engagement, save yourself some manpower and pull out, either a soft retreat or hard retreat.

Another tip to save manpower!! Use your conscripts to merge into your guards, you only benefit from this transaction!

Also dont forget to use hold fire on your vehicles to prevent unnecessary rounds from your tanks being used on infantry in critical armor engagements.

As you yourself indicated in the game chat, the game was effectively over around the 20mn mark and this is where I will stop.

Glad to see you are trying to improve your game! If you have any further questions or comments regarding my feedback just let me kno!

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★