Login

russian armor

Ostheer commanders in 2v2

3 Aug 2015, 00:03 AM
Donator 11

Hello.

I'm looking for a nice commander setup for my 2v2s as OH (mate plays OKW).

What would you guys say are decent commanders right now? What synergies are there with OKW commander choice? What do you find particularly important in a commander for 2v2s?

Any experience sharing is appreciated.

cheers.
3 Aug 2015, 00:23 AM

Depending on the doctrines the OKW player has available, Luftwaffe supply or Assault Support to augment his fuel income would be very useful.

I can recommend anything that gives you a solid early game presence to secure your place on the battlefield, which greatly augments Kubelwagen plays. Mechanised Assault could work for this but don't spam Assault Grenadiers, they really aren't very powerful when they have nothing to back them up.

Another option is something like CAS to deal with large infantry blobs, massing LMG grens to compensate for his weak infantry as well as dealing with enemy howitzers that pose a serious threat to him.

That's all I can think of now.
3 Aug 2015, 00:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Assault support oppel doesn't benefit other players.

Jaeger Armor: non replaceable. Both counters ISU, IS2 and Howitzers.
CAS/Lighting/Spearhead: all around good commanders.

Choose any 2 of the above commanders and the 3rd one could be any other non conventional commander.
3 Aug 2015, 02:36 AM

I don't have a ton of experience, but my Ostheer loadout has been:

Spearhead - Good general-purpose doctrine. Assault Support or Lighting War can be used instead of this one.

Jaeger Armour - As pointed out previously, this doctrine hard-counters Allied tanks and static artillery.

Storm - Kind of an unusual pick, but I've found that the LeFH-18 can often be an invaluable asset to have in your army. It's great at dealing with massed support weapons or holding onto VPs. A good choice for dealing with the popular Soviet Tank Hunter Tactics too.
3 Aug 2015, 03:14 AM

Mobile Defence (fast puma to counter light vehicle rush)

Spearhead (Mortar HT to counter maxim/mortar spam)

Jager Armor (Tank destroyer + Stukka with recon to counter ML20 artillery).

(MAyyyybe swap one of the top 2 out for Mech assault or elite troops) depending what you prefer.
3 Aug 2015, 03:37 AM
Donator 11

Close Air Support
3 Aug 2015, 04:33 AM

My three main Ostheer commanders for any game mode are Lightning war, Spearhead and Blitzkreig. Absolutely love those docs!
3 Aug 2015, 04:40 AM

1- Joint operations ( lefh + pak43 + the needed counters for ML20)
2- Spearhead ( counter to FHQ + tiger)
3- Jaegger armor ( counter to ML20 + ISU)
3 Aug 2015, 06:54 AM

my current 2v2 loadout:
storm - for both lefh and stuka dive bomb
fortified armor - command tank and elephant
lightning war - tiger and CAS

some honorable mentions for specific strategies:
CAS
luftwaffe supply
spearhead - best doctrine for fighting forward HQ
blitzkrieg - all of the abilities in this tree are really good
jaeger armor - counters isu and artillery + has spotting scopes

3 Aug 2015, 07:48 AM

Jeager armor is the obvious winner as it covers all of your OKW buddys weaknesses.

3 Aug 2015, 08:55 AM
Donator 11

Why do you guys think is the Mortar HT (Spearhead) that good? I feel like the fuel investment and the paper armor make the regular OH mortar the better pic since it is recrewable and does not delay tech.

But I also lack experience with using the mortar HT. Any thoughts on that? Pros and cons?
3 Aug 2015, 09:02 AM

I think it has longer range, but it's mainly for the incendiary rounds that burn anything in a building to a crisp as well as set buildings alight.

And yeah, my mistake, Assault Support Opel Blitz trucks don't give your allies extra resources.
3 Aug 2015, 09:05 AM

Well, for starters the mortar halftrack pretty much auto-wins mortar duels. The flame-barrage it has is decent against fortified positions and excellent at dealing with annoying houses. Finally, the excellent mobility means that you can use it with a lot less down-time compared to other mortars, provided you pay attention to microing it properly.
3 Aug 2015, 09:54 AM

As for me, it's Jaeger Armor, CAS and Lightning but since I like different commanders I often use Luftwaffe, Festung Armor and Festung Support.
3 Aug 2015, 10:18 AM

really nobody plays with osttrppen ? ._.
3 Aug 2015, 10:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2015, 10:18 AMUrmel

Sure,me for instance.
In high level 2vs2 not really viable,its good against certain strategies but thats it.
3 Aug 2015, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2015, 10:18 AMUrmel

Works with snipers and against snipers. But not on every map where cover is not always viable like Moscow Outskirts.

I prefer doctrine with Elephant (both are good, one with hulldown and strong P4 Command Rank and one with scope and Stuka. Make u choice), Joint Operations and here is any other doctrine like Luftwaffe Supply, Osttruppen, CAS, Jäger Infrantiere etc.
3 Aug 2015, 15:53 PM
Donator 11

Thank you guys, much appreciated!
3 Aug 2015, 22:00 PM

Why do you guys think is the Mortar HT (Spearhead) that good? I feel like the fuel investment and the paper armor make the regular OH mortar the better pic since it is recrewable and does not delay tech.

But I also lack experience with using the mortar HT. Any thoughts on that? Pros and cons?

Because mortar HR wrecks forward HQ. Flame bombs wreck allied infantry. And the range of a vet 3 mortar HT is pretty epic too.

If I get a Mortar HT, I usually end the game with vet 3 and 50+ kills. Usually all from flame bombs. Awesome unit that just so happens to be in a really useful doctrine too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★