Login

russian armor

Obersoldaten UP

PAGES (8)down
2 Aug 2015, 08:34 AM

Well,the obersoldaten are severely underperforming for their,and are rarely seen in matches post patch,i think un-nerf to their lmg and stg44 back to 8 from 6 is justified...they weren't that much of issue pre-nerf.we also know commandos are coming.
2 Aug 2015, 08:43 AM
Patrion 14

Well,the obersoldaten are severely underperforming for their,and are rarely seen in matches post patch,i think un-nerf to their lmg and stg44 back to 8 from 6 is justified...they weren't that much of issue pre-nerf.we also know commandos are coming.

What's wrong with obers? They are still quite effective in cover vs. Anything short of lmg paratroopers.

Just think of the lmg cost as part of the unit purchase, though I do agree tye stg should get a buff to 7 dmg.
2 Aug 2015, 08:43 AM

If they weren't that much of an issue, they wouldn't be nerfed.

They were extremely durable, 4 men sniper squad. One LMG burst, one kill.

StGs were just slightly weaker at range, but would wipe anything in close range, shocks included(if they were approaching to them). StGs also ignore cover, which is useful as long as the cover is used in coh2.

There isn't anything unjust about nerfs obers got.
They still perform fine(last time I used them was last night, had no problem racking up kills, they still murder anything and everything from vet2 onwards).
2 Aug 2015, 08:49 AM
2 Aug 2015, 08:52 AM

the thing is post patch combined arms is a thing and it is not infnatry blobs anymore so that why i say obers suffer becasue they should be good at what they do killing infy and with current price they are not worth it and the 50 muni lmg upgrade also reduces their impact when hitting on field
2 Aug 2015, 09:06 AM

Obers are great when supported, like pretty much every OKW unit except like the PIV and Panzerfusies.
2 Aug 2015, 09:11 AM

the thing is post patch combined arms is a thing and it is not infnatry blobs anymore so that why i say obers suffer becasue they should be good at what they do killing infy and with current price they are not worth it and the 50 muni lmg upgrade also reduces their impact when hitting on field

They ARE good at killing infantry.
They were well over the top at it.

Blobs don't really exist any more unless its OKW blobs, pair of obers still murder mercilessly maxim from the front.
2 Aug 2015, 09:22 AM

Once I got a opponent blobs two of lmg obers. I was usf and couldnt hold them using rifles. So I get hmg and guess what happened.. They whenever attack from the front of hmg, since there are yellow covers everywhere from bombardments etc, until they supressed, they kill the gunner, and whenever another model try to replace, they killed him too. Result; decrewed hmg...

I cant stand any kind of buff to obers, since they are quite disgusting in team games
2 Aug 2015, 10:28 AM

I'm just wondering. Could you still stack LMG34 + STG?
2 Aug 2015, 10:41 AM
Donator 11

The costs for Obers are too high at the moment...
It is better to rely on call in inf (Jägers, Füsiliere)

I would decrease the cost of Obers to 360-380MP
Currently they are more expensive then shocks :facepalm:

They are lucky if they survive the first Scott Shot :lolol:
2 Aug 2015, 12:11 PM

They ARE good at killing infantry.
They were well over the top at it.

Blobs don't really exist any more unless its OKW blobs, pair of obers still murder mercilessly maxim from the front.

Not cost effectively however. standard grens are better then obers.
2 Aug 2015, 12:49 PM

Then build standard grens instead.
aaa
2 Aug 2015, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2015, 12:11 PMZyllen

Not cost effectively however. standard grens are better then obers.

Late game grens must cost 280-300 reinforcement wise just llike pusilers. Ispesialy cuz they muss them.
Rifle UP, Shocks are total shit. Obers in a good spot compared to them.
2 Aug 2015, 13:17 PM

The reinforcement cost of Obersoldaten is what really makes them unattractive. Considering they are only marginally better than DP guards, they are not paying off.
2 Aug 2015, 13:43 PM

Permanently Banned
I just want the stg cost down to 60. 90 is far too high.
2 Aug 2015, 14:11 PM
Donator 33

Obers are fine IMO. They cost 50MP to reinforce but they don't lose models easily and OKW doesn't really have a manpower shortage.

The IR StGs are too expensive though.

I'd increase their damage to 7 or simply reduce their cost to 60 - 70.
2 Aug 2015, 14:17 PM

Obers aren't fine, they're great. With vet 4 or 5 you can walk into a 50 cal's arc and kill it. I guess you can't a move them wherever you want anymore, but that's as it should be.
2 Aug 2015, 14:35 PM

i think we should only compare vet 3 obers or any okw unit..becasue the extra 2 vet comes because of the reduced resource penalty.
2 Aug 2015, 14:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Obers aren't bad, but if you have call in inf like JLI or fussiliers. Dont buy obers. Using your call in inf is a lot better as they are more cost effective and come earlier.

If ur going JLI or fussiliers its a waste to try and hold out till obers because you could get 2-3 more squads of ur call in inf. Hell Ive seen strat where people just go dual sturms and like 4 volks and support weapons and be just fine. Obers are honestly never needed. They are completely optional.

Only reason I make them is cuz they are cool and not shit like falls.

The only actual buff I could see would be raising their kar98 damage up to 21 from 18 was it? Buffing the stg or lmg34 would probably be too much.
2 Aug 2015, 14:46 PM

just don't use them
didn't use them pre-nerf either

i rather get my volksgrenadiers one shotted
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak