P47 strike

2 Aug 2015, 15:55 PM

Get a flak halftrack :snfPeter:
2 Aug 2015, 16:38 PM

if you know your opponent is airborne, dont blob tanks

or cry in forum
2 Aug 2015, 17:03 PM
Patrion 310

I don't think are P47's are really that effective any more. Damage isn't very consistent since rockets frequently miss.

As soon as you know your opening is AB or you see the first P47's, build a Flak HT and sit it behind the lines. Will take care of planes pretty easily and gives your opponent a good method of wasting muni :)

Can you upload a replay of the game?
2 Aug 2015, 17:07 PM

if you know your opponent is airborne, dont blob tanks

or cry in forum

I had one at a time (lol like the OKW can have enough tanks to blob).

Can you upload a replay of the game?

Nah it was an Alt F4 rage quit tbh after the 3rd tank blew up at the back of my base and the radius ended at the edge of my base.
2 Aug 2015, 17:16 PM

I don't get it. So much complaining about P47...

I use P47 pretty frequently. And unless my opponent sits still they generally don't kill tanks. In fact I try as much as possible to call in on engine damaged tanks only.

Seriously just keep your tanks moving the whole time the ability is active and you'll probably be just fine.

Also, P47 is really easy to shoot down. Get Ostwind/flak truck. He's going to be using pathfinders/paras so you know it is coming.
2 Aug 2015, 17:17 PM

I don't get it. So much complaining about P47...

I use P47 pretty frequently. And unless my opponent sits still they generally don't kill tanks. In fact I try as much as possible to call in on engine damaged tanks only.

Seriously just keep your tanks moving the whole time the ability is active and you'll probably be just fine.

Also, P47 is really easy to shoot down. Get Ostwind/flak truck. He's going to be using pathfinders/paras so you know it is coming.

Was a 2v2 my ally had an ostwind and a scoutcar. so i sorta figured we had the AA covered.

Apparently not lol
2 Aug 2015, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2015, 17:17 PMCorsin

Was a 2v2 my ally had an ostwind and a scoutcar. so i sorta figured we had the AA covered.

Apparently not lol

Ostwind isn't actually that good for AA fyi.
2 Aug 2015, 17:43 PM

Ostwind isn't actually that good for AA fyi.

YEAH NO SHIT lol!
2 Aug 2015, 17:52 PM

P47 is very RNG depended. All rockets can hit in ground and deal zero damage for tank, or it can destroy a half of tiger HP. If you want nerf p47 radius, repair this bug and decrease cost.
2 Aug 2015, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2015, 17:17 PMCorsin

Apparently not lol
You have bad RNG Jesus
2 Aug 2015, 18:10 PM

P47 is very RNG depended. All rockets can hit in ground and deal zero damage for tank, or it can destroy a half of tiger HP. If you want nerf p47 radius, repair this bug and decrease cost.

P47's are supposed to be used against heavies, they don't do very well against mediums specifically because it would be OP as hell due to the lower health of medium tanks.

Really the only thing about the P47 that bugs me is the fact the rockets do a fuckload of damage to infantry anywhere near the tank.

You have bad RNG Jesus

The Ostwind and Scout car should not be relied upon for AA, especially against P47 spam. You pretty much HAVE to make a Flaktrack later in the game if your facing an P47 spammer('s).

I once got a Flaktrack to vet 5 just by shooting down planes lol.
2 Aug 2015, 18:23 PM

the P47 needs to have the rockets land closer together so it hits medium tanks facing it headon for consistency. if it also needs a nerf/fix in some other area that's fine.

stuka CAS needs to do less damage and/or be at least somewhat avoidable.

IL-2 CAS needs a damage buff and to figure out what its purpose in life is.

This isn't a thread about buff or nerf. It's about the loiter not working properly. Nobody brought up the balance of the two abilities. This is not what we are discussing.

"I can't retreat my armor in time and I don't know where AA unit button is, so I'm losing my low hp tanks to shittiest loiter in game that costs the most, rerik pls nerf" thread again.

Yet again Kaitof - shut up. You are talking rubbish about something the thread wasn't even about. The thread is about it not working as it's supposed to. Nothing about it being OP or UP etc. So please, if you are not going to contribute properly, go away.

Awaiting a reply from Cruzz regarding the actual discussion at hand...

2 Aug 2015, 18:48 PM

P47's are supposed to be used against heavies, they don't do very well against mediums specifically because it would be OP as hell due to the lower health of medium tanks.

Really the only thing about the P47 that bugs me is the fact the rockets do a fuckload of damage to infantry anywhere near the tank.

The Ostwind and Scout car should not be relied upon for AA, especially against P47 spam. You pretty much HAVE to make a Flaktrack later in the game if your facing an P47 spammer('s).

I once got a Flaktrack to vet 5 just by shooting down planes lol.
At strafe of OST is doing a lot of damage, for heavy tanks, mediums and infantry. It is very universal and good vs all units. So it is not fair, if expensive p47 only good vs heavies, it must be good vs all tanks.
At strafe is doing big damage for infantry too, so it is fair.
Also, I don't see problem in making flaktrak for countering planes.
2 Aug 2015, 19:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

kek
This thread again
OP47 chased low health crippled heavies(which is its job btw)across the map(even though the radius has been nerfed)

But of course,the replay isnt available. People always claim and swear by this but there's NEVER a replay of it.
2 Aug 2015, 22:01 PM
Patrion 28

This isn't a thread about buff or nerf. It's about the loiter not working properly. Nobody brought up the balance of the two abilities. This is not what we are discussing.

then there isn't really anything to discuss; either it works right or it doesn't. either way it's a statement of function.

but if we apply your idea then p47 have advantage because they have 2 planes...so 2 stuka and il-2 that would be more unbalanced,other option only 1 p47 that will make it weak,i think it is fine as it is now just need to something about p47 attacking out of radius and the il-2

in which case costs need to be adjusted. there's pretty much always going to be one that's better than the other in comparable units but as long as they're priced appropriately it usually turns out ok.
2 Aug 2015, 22:03 PM
Patrion 28

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight