Login

russian armor

UKF - infantry units

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
2 Aug 2015, 05:08 AM

ukf is anti-okw
2 Aug 2015, 05:14 AM

But you have to recall that both Axis factions are weak in the early game as well. It is some what amusing to see an Allied faction become weak early game but stronger as time goes on just like the Axis factions. If that is true of British being weak early game, that is.

Well, Infantry Sections are a liability early game, but Brits still have two other option to build straight away (ill wait until they are revealed, if they are still in T0).

One of them which can upgrade to be the best anti-garrison anti-infantry earlyish-mid game unit after you tech...
2 Aug 2015, 11:27 AM

Er game mechanics lesson time. Many small arms have a penetration of 1. Puma has front armor of 25. 1/25 = 0.04, 4% chance for one bullet of said small arms to penetrate puma armor. As the sten is an SMG and fires in bursts, and there is a squad of stens, (and small arms cant miss at shooting at vehicles), the commandos, as well as any other squad with assault rifles/guns/lmg's will do damage vs light vehicles such as the puma. Its just that the ambush bonus in Alpha made it capable of doing dozens of damage in short time vs puma's 400 health. Also, people claimed PIATs also benefited from ambush bonus, meaning commando PIATs blew up armor very rapidly. Also, various weapons of different calibre all have the same penetration because its orderly, so stens will be the same. Pointless for a weapon to have less than 1 pen.

Brens are UKF BAR's. Except obviously they are LMG's instead and are best on IS's. Only paratrooper M1919 upgrade for paras and LMG34 upgrade for obers allow firing on the move, but Brens are still NDA, as well as PIATs, and this is a Commando thread...
Thanks for the lesson on the mechanics. :)

It seems that the coding has changed quite a bit since CoH1. Makes sense, being a different engine. For anyone who doesn't remember, you could set the penetration value based on the target armour or "Target Table" the weapons by using the decimal system. Like setting it to 0.01 vs Puma armour would make 1% of the shots penetrate. And the penetration rating could be set based of how far away the target is. Yada yada...

I wouldn't say the new system is difficult; just different. :P

Back on topic. I really hope the British Infantry Section won't cost more than Grenadiers for each man to reinforce. No higher than 30. High reinforcement costs for your main infantry just forces you to turtle longer in the early stages and that isn't fun.

2 Aug 2015, 12:01 PM

x16 with vet, i killed puma in 2 seconds with them, lol.

:sibHyena:
2 Aug 2015, 12:02 PM

yea i hope USF get buffed as well as get new units make no mistake i'll play the brits cuz they seem to have a lot of hard hitting toys that are on par with the axis

Jesus Christ just stop, were you that special kid?
2 Aug 2015, 12:15 PM

Ukf<OST sniper supported with grenadiers.
2 Aug 2015, 12:40 PM

since when tommies gets 2 scoped rifles at vet 3? i don't remember that in alpha :snfBarton:
2 Aug 2015, 12:47 PM

It's true what they say. Anything can change when dealing with an alpha. ;)
2 Aug 2015, 13:17 PM
Patrion 14

since when tommies gets 2 scoped rifles at vet 3? i don't remember that in alpha :snfBarton:

It was there in the alpha. The thing is, the scoped rifles didn't do anything but look cool. They gave the squad a passive rof/ accuracy bonus.
2 Aug 2015, 13:32 PM

ohh so scoped rifles mean that they dont get sniper in squad but whole squad get more accuracy? :snfBarton:
2 Aug 2015, 13:35 PM

I'm going to assume that like the G43s, the scoped rifles will only benefit the men holding them?
2 Aug 2015, 13:38 PM
Patrion 14

I'm going to assume that like the G43s, the scoped rifles will only benefit the men holding them?

Not in the alpha.

Just don't question it, maybe they give a holo targetting bonus like in XCOM :snfPeter:
2 Aug 2015, 18:29 PM

royal engineers are hot.

<444>3 welshies ^_^
2 Aug 2015, 19:53 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

<444>3 Ipkais ^_^

Corrected that for you ;)
2 Aug 2015, 20:00 PM

Corrected that for you ;)

LOL, diolch am fawr? xD
2 Aug 2015, 20:13 PM

I lost interest in the brits as soon as i saw the emplacements in the alpha
2 Aug 2015, 20:30 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

LOL, diolch am fawr? xD

y pleser yw pwll ;)
2 Aug 2015, 20:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I lost interest in the brits as soon as i saw the emplacements in the alpha

I must admit my heart sank when I first saw the mortar pit...and I also recall wondering if Relic would ever learn.

But overall, I thought it was a great improvement, yet I still do not understand why the mortar could not be mobile...unless somebody with influence has a love for the original thing. Equally, the 17 pounder is almost an anachronism in the Army now and I can see no good reason why it was retained.

2 Aug 2015, 20:50 PM

So we should have some bonus when we pre order new faction dont we ?

And if they dont give us something special they at least give us OP faction , than will be toned down after 1 -6 months but we will have time to abuse many OP thinks (poor 2 seconds puma lifetime)
2 Aug 2015, 20:54 PM

And here is your mistake. Who said tommies good in early game?

Brits work like Ostheer. Early game you need support weapons in order to stay in the game and your infantry scale really well. Although Tommies get much better vet than the other factions (which is part of the whole "overwhelming end game" thing).

Duel sten vet 3 Tommies were just :*( to play against
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight