Login

russian armor

Breaking turtle on Semoskiy?

31 Jul 2015, 22:39 PM

Hey I need help on a counter strategy to break a player turtling on Semoskiy. I keep ending up in these positions where the player will camp behind buildings with heavy mortars and AT while guarding his fuel points with light vehicles (i.e. t70's and AAHT's). Also i play Ostheer.
1 Aug 2015, 00:12 AM

The T-70 and M5 Halftrack Or USF FlaK Halftrack can be countered by a PaK-40, Panzershreks, or multiple panzerfausts.

Semoskiy is a small map though, so any amount of teller mines places on the field will be beneficial to handling your enemies light vehicles.

Also try to push out a fast StuG. If you can't do that, Try to get Vet-1 on your MG-42's and garrison them in buildings. Since you can manually adjust their direction, the incendiary ammo ability will shred most light vehicles, often before they can react. Though I can't guarantee you'll achieve the same result on a T-70.

It's crucial though that you don't waste your resources just bashing your head against the brick wall of his defenses. Try to find a way to barrage him, mortars normally work, especially if you tell them to "Attack ground' you'll hit with a large degree of accuracy.

Smoke barrage to cover an approach will shut down MG's. Trying to control the buildings in Semoskiy can be critical to success or failure.

Also you can push out a fast Flame-Halftrack as Ostheer, which is deliciously powerful against mortars, MG's, and buildings. If your opponents is using the semi-urban setting to his advantage, I suggest using the time you have with the FHT to burn down most if not all of the buildings that would be beneficial to your enemy. This denies him garrisons and will force him to adopt a less than defensive stance.
3 Aug 2015, 18:08 PM

Mortars covered by MGs with the support of a HT or a Bunker to reinforce and capping around the map aggressively, this strat just requires you to test out and see what amount of mgs and mortars is the best for the situation.
You should usually rush a mg in the church in the middle and keep it there as long as possible, and only take it out when it's low or when you have time to reinforce it with your Bunker/HT
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★