Login

russian armor

Molotov - too useless

14 Oct 2015, 07:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 19:03 PMHat
Aside from the Vickers the allies don't a reliable HMG.

You must be playing a totally different game from me then?

Soviet's Maxim is just awesome, arguably the best MG in the game with the singular disadvantage of its narrow arc. Stunning suppression, and how about the fact that not only has it a 6 man team, but the fastest -as in model saving, retreat in the game without that so vulnerable undeploy delay!

I play with them as Soviets, and versus them as Ostheer and OKW. I capture them any time I can. Beats OKW's doctrinal MG34 POS any day, and is better than tripod HMG42 any day of the week.

Maxims FTW! Looking at your playercard, it would seem you should realise this already?

Hat
28 Oct 2015, 22:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 07:39 AMWerw0lf

I play with them as Soviets, and versus them as Ostheer and OKW. I capture them any time I can. Beats OKW's doctrinal MG34 POS any day, and is better than tripod HMG42 any day of the week.

Mg42 actually suppresses and covers area. OKW can just bum rush buildings and positions and instantly wipe the unit.

The unit retreats slowly and if the man carrying the gun dies the gun doesn't instantly teleport to the next guy, nope, they all die in the flames picking up the HMG one by one.

Against Ost the gun serves its role but against OKW it has very little value.
29 Oct 2015, 12:18 PM

If you want useful molotov play OKW, 2 x range and 2x throwing speed.
29 Oct 2015, 22:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 22:40 PMHat
Mg42 actually suppresses and covers area. OKW can just bum rush buildings and positions and instantly wipe the unit.

OKW don't have MG42, so you're talking 2v2 or > only if referring to using both in conjunction. Even so, that is heavily reliant upon an Ost/OKW combo AT team synergy and far too a hypothetical solution otherwise.

The unit retreats slowly and if the man carrying the gun dies the gun doesn't instantly teleport to the next guy, nope, they all die in the flames picking up the HMG one by one.

We can quote pros and cons all day, suffice to say every jack man of an Ost HMG crew will be dead before they can undeploy from any attack by anything not pinned or suppressed. Against USF in the particular, once USF have their current tactical nuke 'nades, both Axis HMGs have exceeded their 'use before date'.

Against Ost the gun serves its role but against OKW it has very little value.

My experience in game 1v1 and 2v2 denies acknowledgment of that assertion.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★